people just don't get it!!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
yes i know that this has been talked about a million times but here i go....we are forunate enough to be going to disney not once but twice this year , when i tell people that ,(people who obviosly don't have that disney love) they have a disgusted look on their face and then they say .. uhh don't you get sick of that place not once but twice in the same year,, can't you guys think of going any other place? and ya know this sickens me!! generally this comment comes from people who have never been to(sigh) disney.. and then to top it off they say well what can your kids get out of it anyway ther're so young it's just a waste of money!!! well yes this also sickens me...we have been going to disney for the past 9 years in a row only missing one year because i was in labor...( quess that a good excuse) and having kids did'nt change any of that, my kids are 1 and 4 its been fun seeing the different reactions everytime we've gone with our oldest....and well its fun just seeing how my baby screams avery time she see mickey she just holds here arms out for him...she hated santa this year but when she seen mickey recently at disney on ice she went balistic....the kid has her priorities...lol see i guess i'm getting at is people's comments on going to disney period.. if they don't like it don't spread your negativity around...i know i'm not the only one feels this way..i love disney i guess it's plain and simple...my house is almost all disney tastefully of course.. my girls think of all the disney characters as family.. some of the charaters my youngest knows more than family!!! disney is a huge part of ours lives...so does anybody have any negative people they know of???or nasty comments that others have made???..
I'm Dixiegirl and i love DisneyWorld!!!
Long live DixieLandings!!!! :sohappy:

drew81

I get in fights with people over the characters. They try to tell me that the characters aren't real. The characters are real. Some people have the magic and some don't. The people that don't have the magic and don't care about Disney can't experience the magic. You can't let them get you down.

wannabeBelle

Hey Dixie, Dont let these people get you down!!! As Drew said they just dont understand the Magic and nothing we say or do will convince them otherwise. On the other side of things that is one less person in front of us on line at Rock N Roller Coaster, Mission:Space, taking up a seat for the Off Kilter Show etc!!! Long Live Walt's Dream!!! Belle

mollygirl13

Some people just don't get it..

My husband and I are going to WDW in 2 weeks. This will be our 3rd trip since February 2004 and we live in Philadelphia-so we are by no means close by! Our family/friends/coworkers think were "crazy" to be going back. Again???they say to us. Why don't you try something else? We hear this 100 times a day. Well, we did try something else 2 years ago and we were miserable! (we went on a Bermuda cruise and talked about WDW the entire time) We like what we like and that is Walt Disney Wolrd. Plain and Simple! We love everything Disney-we got married there 6 years ago, we have AnnualPasses, have curio-cabinets "dedicated" to WDW AND our Christmas tree is almost 100% Disney! We even got a French Bulldog Puppy last night because he has a Mickey head (tri-circle) on his side! Mostly ALL of my scrub shirts for work are Disney themed. My husband and I talk about our favorite Disney restaurant (O'Hana) at least 2 times a week. Something "Disney" always seems to come up with us! But sometimes I wish that our family/friends/coworkers would keep their comments to themselves!
:wave:

MKCP 1985

Don't worry Dixiegirl, you can't convert them all. It is enough that you enjoy it and so long as you do - don't let your friends get you down. There are going to be nay-sayers anywhere you go. Sure, we all know of people like you describe, so don't feel bad. Drew, Belle and Molly have all given good thoughts that may give you comfort.

DisneyRoxMySox

Those people just don't get that feeling when they see Cinderella Castle as they walk down Main Street. They don't apprecciate what went in to the park. How hard Disney tries (or tried) to make sure the park is clean and you have nothing to worry about. They just see as it as another "amusement park". They just don't feel the magic, it's sad. :(

goofyman

We know the feeling, i say they are Jealous! because they don't have anything that makes them that consistantly hapyy as Disney does for therest of us. We go to other places during the year, wonderfull places, BUt I always look forward to my Disney trip the most! MY duaghter and wife are the best proof to me of the magic. Usally after our trip they say lets take a year off! then with in 2 -3 months they sslowly start to come around and start asking "when are we going to WDW this year" WE MISS IT!!! LOL those are magic word to my ears. SO DONT let them get you down they just don't understand what it is to feel that magic! :sohappy:

tigger_rox00

I agree

I completely agree with you Dixie. We just came back from the world about a week and a half ago from our 19th visit there. When we came back some people I know said,"you're 23 now, so you probably have gotten tired of the place havent you". Nope...not at all. They think we're crazy, but we're not and you know it. I just find it funny that some of the people that criticize me for going there all the time are the same people that go skiing every year to the same place. I don't criticize them. Long live the Disney Magic, it's people like us who are going to keep it alive.:)

TTFN

Scooter

When people as me if I ever get tired of going to Disney World I say this:

If a Doctor could prescribe a pill for you that would make you smile and make you and your family feel wonderful, safe, happy,and make you forget about all your problems would you ever get tired of getting your prescription refilled?

BTW...My Prescription is being refilled in May :animwink:

Disneydreaming

I get this all the time. I just tell them that there is no where else on earth we can go and be guaranteed a great time. No where else is there a theme park that will ever measure up, no where else is there a place that has a much magic, and no where else where everyone is happy and smiling and having a great time.

Regardless of how young your children are, they will never be able to tell you how much these Disney trips mean to them. You are establishing a tradition for them that they will carry on with their own children, and so on. My girls have been going since they were babies, and we couldn't imagine life without Disney in it. I am certain at least one of my daughters will have a wedding there.

People either get the magic or they don't. The one's that don't really aren't people I want to spend a lot of time with anyway. They tend to be the ones who don't find the magic in their own lives to begin with and are just annoying to be around. The ones that do, I make a point to get to know them better, and share our Disney experiences. We find we are alike in a lot of ways, and make a wonderful friendship out of it.

LoriMistress

Hey dixiegirl. My mom get a bit weird when I tell her that DH and I are going to WDW again. She doesn't understand why we go. She thinks that if you have been to DL then it's the same as WDW. I just let her know that she will have to go one of these days to be proven wrong. She would like to go to WDW once we start having kids...gives her an excuse to be with the grandkids. You just can't take their comments personally. You can't change their minds.

Brick Tamland

I can understand how a person could feel like that, but on the other hand Disney kicks more Ace then they can possibley know. So pooo on you....or uh them. Yes poo on them.

figmentmom

Scooter said:
When people as me if I ever get tired of going to Disney World I say this:

If a Doctor could prescribe a pill for you that would make you smile and make you and your family feel wonderful, safe, happy,and make you forget about all your problems would you ever get tired of getting your prescription refilled?

BTW...My Prescription is being refilled in May :animwink:

Well said, Scooter! I agree completely. My husband likes Disney but does not LOVE it the way I do. We have spend several April vacations dividing our week up with half spent at Disney ( :sohappy: ) and the other half spent at the beach (nice, but not as much fun - and no magic at all!)

They'll never understand.

Pippa

If only I had a pound for every time someone says "but don't you get bored of it" etc etc. These people just don't know what it's like to go on holiday somewhere you know know is going to be fantastic, the food is good, the people are happy, the weather is great(compared to the UK!), the prices are cheap (at the moment for brits), and is just simply magical.

Their lives must be so un-magical, don't you think?

FigmentJedi

People ignorant to WDW and it's extreme coolness are those kind of people that have head explodied their inner child. These people are also the kind of people that think all Godzilla movies are cheesy and cheap when in fact that only applies to the ones made in the 70's in particular Godzilla VS Megalon. If people bug you about this sort of stuff, just ignore them.

wannabeBelle

Pippa said:
If only I had a pound for every time someone says "but don't you get bored of it" etc etc. These people just don't know what it's like to go on holiday somewhere you know know is going to be fantastic, the food is good, the people are happy, the weather is great(compared to the UK!), the prices are cheap (at the moment for brits), and is just simply magical.

Their lives must be so un-magical, don't you think?
I Am thinking so!!!! Belle

I know a few people who are just so negative about the whole thing. My best mate went a few years ago and says he did everything in a week! when i asked him what this was, he told me he hadnt even been to Magic Kingdom!!!!!!!!!! Or World Showcase, and did MGM and AK in one day! I told him this was disgusting behaviour and should think again about going back! Also, my Mum works with this woman who has to be the ultimate AntiDisney. She could give lectures on the awfullness of the entire company and how it ruins childrens lives but worst of all - she doesn't believe in the magic!:mad:

We seriously need to change peoples views on what they believe in!

Foolish Mortal

mollygirl13 said:
Well, we did try something else 2 years ago and we were miserable! (we went on a Bermuda cruise and talked about WDW the entire time) We like what we like and that is Walt Disney Wolrd. Plain and Simple!

This is why I don't even bother going anywhere else !!!! I used to work for a travel agency years ago and had the good fortune to go many places across the country and over to England, but now i'd regret spending the money to go somewhere knowing I could've used the money towards another WDW trip. Yes I had fun at other places, but NOTHING compare's to WDW.

As for other people's negative re-action to my announcement of another WDW trip, well this IS a family site !!! :lol: :lol: If their indifferent or just roll with it, no big deal. But if their Disney bashers I make sure i'm always talking Disney within their EARshot.

Indy95

When you meet one of these losers, just ask them what their favorite movie/TV show is. That gives A LOT of things away (and makes me feel a lot better). These idiots are probably the people that still listen to the Simpson girls.

BUT REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU MEET ONE OF THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE: Disney is STILL the #1 vacation destination in the world!!! BY FAR! There are A LOT of people who agree with you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom