People Get Ahold Of Your Children!

What we should all do is track them down and wait until they are eating ice cream and then throw our pants into their ice cream. That will teach them:lol:

ArielLover

I think we all agree that both problems that we are talking about is an adult issue, Unsupervised children are the parents responsibility. The positive is someday these children may grow up and solve the problem. Out of control adults are a whole new animal.

Shaman

Originally posted by ArielLover
Out of control adults are a whole new animal.

Sad thing is, that not only are they a more serious problem than troublesome kids, but sometimes these out of control adults have kids of their own and raise them with the same lack of respect...

Oh well...live and let live I guess....

*Takes out bat*

(just don't bother me)

:lookaroun :lol: :lookaroun

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Re: i dont understand

Originally posted by ArielLover
Why is it so hard to beleive that someone can raise a respectful child?
To say his kids will NEVER act like that? Come on! Don't live in a dream world. No child is perfect, as much as we want them to be. They will mess up, they will throw an occasional tantrum, they will express their anger/emotions, especially when they are tired. Trust me, his kid(s) will act like that one day.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: i dont understand

Originally posted by SpongeScott
To say his kids will NEVER act like that? Come on! Don't live in a dream world. No child is perfect, as much as we want them to be. They will mess up, they will throw an occasional tantrum, they will express their anger/emotions, especially when they are tired. Trust me, his kid(s) will act like that one day.

Oh no, not Dixie again :animwink: , Here we are once again disagreeing.

Seriously, I think kids to act up but the extent is determined by the parents. People to this day tell me how great of a child I was. Not only would I not throw temper tantrums in public, I knew not to speak when adults were speaking. So, I really do think kids will act but but I also think it is controllable.

SpongeScott

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i dont understand

Originally posted by civileng68
Oh no, not Dixie again :animwink: , Here we are once again disagreeing.
I don't think you and I would or could have it any other way. :)

Disney Hog

It's not hard to raise a respectful child, but the problem is that a lot of parents do not see children as an opportunity, but rather as an annoyance. A lot of parents think that the schools and churches are supposed to train up their child.

It's not rocket science. It just takes a committment. I think part of the issue is some children don't get enough commitment and others get waaay too much.

The example with the parent that wouldn't apologize is a classic. Some parents feel that their child can do no wrong and are totally focused on making him/her happy no matter what. A recipe for disaster.

All I can do is raise my children properly and give tips when appropriate.

drew81

Talking about this reminds me of how kids treat the characters. I have experienced many kids behaving badly at the parks and in normal everyday life. Kids should have fun, but not in a disrespectful manner.

Parents just laugh and think its funny when a kid goes up and kicks a character right in the leg. Adults are just as bad sometimes with the characters.

TravisMT81

well half these people shouldn't even be parents. They do not teach them respect, manners,or show them a little discipline. And rely on the tv to babysit and raise their children. This world is just going down hill, people complain about the parks being dirty!! Well if everyone would respect the parks they wouldn't act like pigs and put their trash in the trashcan. I am now 22 and when I was a kid I was a little bit wild but I knew the consequence if I overstepped the boundries. What I am trying to say is if people don't get their act together with their parenting this world is going to hell!!! have a disney day :D

MouseMadness

My brother let my 3 oldest kids ride with him someplace over the weekend... as they were getting ready to go, I peeked into the window and said "Buckle your seatbelts, and don't embarrass your mother." :lol: :hammer:

All this talk of "control" of the kids... it kinda creeps me out. They aren't robots. My mother in law once said "You want to try to mold their will, not break it." I would agree with that... having said that (stealing oz's line :lookaroun) I think I should be done in this thread. I have no clue what my point is anymore. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MouseMadness
My brother let my 3 oldest kids ride with him someplace over the weekend... as they were getting ready to go, I peeked into the window and said "Buckle your seatbelts, and don't embarrass your mother." :lol: :hammer:

All this talk of "control" of the kids... it kinda creeps me out. They aren't robots. My mother in law once said "You want to try to mold their will, not break it." I would agree with that... having said that (stealing oz's line :lookaroun) I think I should be done in this thread. I have no clue what my point is anymore. :lol:

but the manicure on that third arm is really impressive! What made you choose the French? :lookaroun

swimmom

Your point is well taken, and yes you were owed an apology from the parent and possibly even the child. Yes the parks are full of excited children, but there's no excuse for the ignorant parent.

Originally posted by TravisM
This world is just going down hill, people complain about the parks being dirty!! Well if everyone would respect the parks they wouldn't act like pigs and put their trash in the trashcan.

And another point well taken. Just because it's WDW and they pick up trash faster than you can drop it (or from what I'm reading lately - used to) doesn't mean you should litter.

SnowWhite5669

I love the kids who push in front you of in the Fast Pass lines and step on your feet!! Or how about those who are walking so close behind you that they take your flip flop off!! Where are all these parents. I have an 18 year old and I was all over him about how he was walking, to watch his back pack and to be aware of those around him!!

sum41914

I actually strated bleeding from the back of my ankles becuase of the parents that i guess are just so overwelmed by the magic in Fantasyland ( that place is wall to wall kids) and just walk right into to you with the baby carrages(sp?) and it doesnt help the kid has an ice cream or they are kicking, It also bugs me to no point that the parents cant take control of their kids while they are climbing on the Q-Lines rails. The kids seriously need to stop flipping over the bars and kicking the people on the other side. Whay dont the parents stop them, o thats right becuase of th all the magic surrounding them :hammer: . Then when your crossing bridges and the carriges come up right behind you and bam right into your ankles. I usually turn around and have it out with the parents (jus rolling eyes) but sometimes i'll say like "Hey mom dont you just love the fact that when you have a carriage you can drive into people, maybe we should rent just for that!" , becuase by the end of a Florida day, with all the heat and sweat and stuff you really cant stand the amazing number of people w/children who dont pay attention!

[/I]Takes long really deep breaths until returns to normal color!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom