Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

Hrudey3032

Can someone please explain this to me? How are the burgers at Pecos any different than Cosmic Ray's? I have had both multiple times and they taste exactly the same to me. Add to that that Cosmic Ray's has a toppings bar and it's the same darn thing.

I can understand complaining that you now have to walk to the other side of the park for a burger but complaining that they are taking away the burger option at MK seems silly to me. They aren't taking it away...IT IS STILL THERE...just not at Pecos.

As someone else said, they very well could be changing the menu at Tortuga. They may have realized that the offerings there are more desirable to people and wanted to put them in a larger venue to accommodate the crowds.

That being said, they aren't exactly duplicating the menu. The menu at Tortuga is quite small and what they have announced for Pecos new menu seems a little different to me. Yes, it is the same type of food but it may or may not be the exact same items done the exact same way. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe some of us liked the ambiance of Pecos Bill's. It was one of the 1st memories of WDW I ever had and i had a cheeseburger and fries from there and have been getting that same meal every time since 1981. My brother will tell the story every time of a man named Binfoles who was a older gentleman who cleaned the place and spoke to us making it a memorable experience. Every time we are there my brother always says "Wonder if Binfoles is around"

Everyone complains about things being like how it used to be and this for me is my one tradition I do not wish to see go because of my sentimental value and there are obviously more of us in this thread who want this to stay the same as well.

betty rose

Maybe some of us liked the ambiance of Pecos Bill's. It was one of the 1st memories of WDW I ever had and i had a cheeseburger and fries from there and have been getting that same meal every time since 1981. My brother will tell the story every time of a man named Binfoles who was a older gentleman who cleaned the place and spoke to us making it a memorable experience. Every time we are there my brother always says "Wonder if Binfoles is around"

Everyone complains about things being like how it used to be and this for me is my one tradition I do not wish to see go because of my sentimental value and there are obviously more of us in this thread who want this to stay the same as well.
Understand, when sentimental things are changed, it tugs at our heart, like we lost a part of ourselves. I felt the same way when 20,000 Leagues was closed down. Progress goes on whether we approve or not. I'm going forward as we have no choice. But I wish some things will remain the same, so we don't forget the past.

ToTBellHop

Yes, you and four others feel understandably nostalgic. The rest of us are happy to finally have an edible meal available in Frontierland. I can't survive on corn dogs alone! To be fair, the burgers of the 80s were removed awhile back anyway when they went to Alpo meat and those stale wheat buns paired with dehydrated corn on the cob and a Hostess cupcake for dessert. Binfoles went to Universal and got a job at the Three Broomsticks.

Hrudey3032

Yes, you and four others feel understandably nostalgic. The rest of us are happy to finally have an edible meal available in Frontierland. I can't survive on corn dogs alone! To be fair, the burgers of the 80s were removed awhile back anyway when they went to Alpo meat and those stale wheat buns paired with dehydrated corn on the cob and a Hostess cupcake for dessert. Binfoles went to Universal and got a job at the Three Broomsticks.

Me and 4 others? You keep telling yourself that.

WDWFan_Boston

More than 4. But still the minority.
If that makes you feel better, but you have no way of knowing that. Sorry.

I for one had no problem with the old menu and ate there several times. I also don't mind the change because I can get my burger on elsewhere. I guess, for me, there are a bunch of things at the MK that I'm more concerned about than the menu change.

halltd

Understand, when sentimental things are changed, it tugs at our heart, like we lost a part of ourselves. I felt the same way when 20,000 Leagues was closed down. Progress goes on whether we approve or not. I'm going forward as we have no choice. But I wish some things will remain the same, so we don't forget the past.
I'm with ya on things changing, but I'm pretty sure the changes they make are based off of feedback they get from guests through emails, phone calls, guest relations visits, and all those survey people you see out and about with iPads. If there's something you truly love about your visits, contact them to give praise. Lots of times people only write to complain, so those are the letters that get heard. If you write to say how your visit was made perfect by a cheeseburger, it might stick around. I'm guessing more people asked for options besides cheeseburgers and that's why they're gone.

I too enjoyed the menu at Pecos as my family eats there ever year as well, but I'm also looking forward to trying out the new menu. For me, Pecos is more about the location, ambiance, and cast members than the actual food. But, my brother is all kinds of upset about the missing mushrooms and onions. Bring on the guac for me, though! :)

AEfx

Can you get bacon on your burger at Cosmic Ray's? That was always the big reason I'd pick Pecos vs. Ray's for a burger.

nelsonj3

Make that five others... lol Also, my family feels that way too. Maybe ten? (Sarcasm)

Let's not exaggerate too much here. I'm not sure why they can't still offer burgers along with the newer choices? I know it's more for the kitchen, but burgers and fries really aren't that hard to make, so.... :)

Hrudey3032

More than 4. But still the minority.
Where are your facts? While I am ok with adding additional options to the menu as someone else stated why get rid of the one staple? Instead of removing options lets add to the options. If they can have 3 different bays at Cosmic Rays with different tastes for everyone why can't they add more to a place as big as Pecos?

Jon81uk

Where are your facts? While I am ok with adding additional options to the menu as someone else stated why get rid of the one staple? Instead of removing options lets add to the options. If they can have 3 different bays at Cosmic Rays with different tastes for everyone why can't they add more to a place as big as Pecos?

Depends on the size of the kitchen. Also Cosmic Rays only has two different bays now. The only menu items Ray's had that Peco's old menu didn't were the chicken and Ribs.

My assumption is that the new BBQ menu at Tortuga will feature the chicken and ribs as well as the pulled pork.

peter11435

They are two very different kitchens. You can't just add more and more options and expect them to be able to keep up with demand. This change was based on guest feedback. As for my facts. My comment about being in the minority was in reference to people who have nostalgic attachments to the previous menu. Do you honestly believe that more than a small minority of guests have an emotional attachment to an overpriced and barely mediocre cheeseburger?

Hrudey3032

They are two very different kitchens. You can't just add more and more options and expect them to be able to keep up with demand. This change was based on guest feedback. As for my facts. My comment about being in the minority was in reference to people who have nostalgic attachments to the previous menu. Do you honestly believe that more than a small minority of guests have an emotional attachment to an overpriced and barely mediocre cheeseburger?
Do you honestly believe that a minority of the guests want to pay for a overpriced mediocre burrito?

Hrudey3032

I'm assuming you haven't eaten there yet so you dont have a right to call it mediocre yet. That said. I know for a fact that the majority of guests ask for options other than cheeseburgers and fries.

I haven't liked much of any of their Mexican food. As far as facts again where are they? You know so that makes it factual?

peter11435

I haven't liked much of any of their Mexican food. As far as facts again where are they? You know so that makes it factual?
So don't eat there. There are several other quick service options around the magic kingdom that do no serve Mexican. Including one that serves your beloved cheeseburgers. As for facts. I'm assuming you need graphs and charts for you to believe anything. Unfortunately there are none that I can post on here. But I haven't seen you supply any for your side either.

Hrudey3032

So don't eat there. There are several other quick service options around the magic kingdom that do no serve Mexican. Including one that serves your beloved cheeseburgers. As for facts. I'm assuming you need graphs and charts for you to believe anything. Unfortunately there are none that I can post on here. But I haven't seen you supply any for your side either.
I never said anything about facts now did I? You are the one who keeps spouting facts but yet you haven't shown one thing to back up your claims. One of my favorite places for ambiance was Peco's so because I disagree with something you think you are right? How about the people who never liked the fact that the trees on Main Street were cut down? How about those mad over Frozen taking over Maelstrom? What about Captain EO replacing Honey I shrunk the Kids? What's to say that MOST didn't want to see those changes based on the questionaires? I am saying I disagreed with the decision and explained my reasons why. If you do not like it so be it. Your happiness doesn't matter to me any more than obviously mine doesn't matter to you.

peter11435

I never said anything about facts now did I? You are the one who keeps spouting facts but yet you haven't shown one thing to back up your claims. One of my favorite places for ambiance was Peco's so because I disagree with something you think you are right? How about the people who never liked the fact that the trees on Main Street were cut down? How about those mad over Frozen taking over Maelstrom? What about Captain EO replacing Honey I shrunk the Kids? What's to say that MOST didn't want to see those changes based on the questionaires? I am saying I disagreed with the decision and explained my reasons why. If you do not like it so be it. Your happiness doesn't matter to me any more than obviously mine doesn't matter to you.
I never said that everyone agrees with this change. Or that everyone disliked the cheeseburgers. There are always several minorities in addition to a majority. Yes some people will be disappointed by this. I'm not disputing that. But many will be pleased as well. I never said you were not entitled to your opinion I said that it was an opinion that the majority of guests do not share. That's not meant to discredit your opinion but to explain why they would make the decision they did. At a place like WDW the needs of the many have to outweigh the needs of the few. And for those that still want a cheeseburger in the magic kingdom, they are still available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom