Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

flyerjab

I really like that they are doing this. I love the looks of this new menu as I enjoy good TexMex. However, this should not stop here. The crowds - as @PhotoDave219 has pointed out - are ridiculous anymore in the MK. We have been down several times this year and last year, and the crowds at Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's are INSANE. I can't understate that fact. I am fine that they are changing up their QS options, but they need to continue opening up space in this park for the crowds that are there, and it is not just in the summer or holidays anymore.

With the addition of BoG in FL, and the upcoming Skipper's Cantina (can't wait!!) in AL, they are starting to give better options for TS restaurants. But man, they need to do some PERMANENT additions with places like Tortuga Tavern, Tomorrowland Terrace, Diamond Horseshoe, etc. Also, the other concept that I like to stress is that not every QS location needs to be a huge moneymaker. I know that type of talk is heresy in the halls of TWDC, but, variation in experience to me is key to providing more than what can be equated to a Walmart type of dining experience. I love places like Gaston's Tavern; it is a small place slightly out of the way with a very small menu. We sometimes get soup at a food cart or a snack from somewhere, something to drink in Gaston's and then sit in the inside where the fireplace is. I love this more intimate type setting and it offers more variety. There should be so many more smaller venues like this, along with at least another TS, that are opened year round. The fact that Aunt Polly's was opened at times over the summer was great. But they should just keep that open.

I am not like several of the posters that are dissatisfied by the quality of WDW QS and/or TS food. There are some places that are just ok, but I enjoy a lot of what they offer, especially considering how many meals they need to prepare on any given day. However, Epcot aside, the MK needs more open throughout the year (I feel the same about DAK and DHS but as things are changing there so I will be curious to see what happens in the next 2 to 3 years). More menu variety is nice like what is happening at Pecos Bill's, but please, open more venues. You have way too many open spaces that are completely underutilized.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

I know this is about Pecos Bills but how about Resturanterous at AK? That place is an absolute madhouse! And I think its the only QS burger place in the park. I welcome the tex mex menu but that plate of food needs to be doubled. I am sure they weigh the meat which means you get next to nothing. Casey's remains my number 1 but I miss the hot cheese.

ChrisM

MK-CD908_PIRATE_DV_20130610183825.jpg

"Professor, what's another word for 'pirate treasure'?"

"Well, I think it's 'booty'. Booty, booty, that's what it is."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I really like that they are doing this. I love the looks of this new menu as I enjoy good TexMex. However, this should not stop here. The crowds - as @PhotoDave219 has pointed out - are ridiculous anymore in the MK. We have been down several times this year and last year, and the crowds at Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's are INSANE. I can't understate that fact. I am fine that they are changing up their QS options, but they need to continue opening up space in this park for the crowds that are there, and it is not just in the summer or holidays anymore.

With the addition of BoG in FL, and the upcoming Skipper's Cantina (can't wait!!) in AL, they are starting to give better options for TS restaurants. But man, they need to do some PERMANENT additions with places like Tortuga Tavern, Tomorrowland Terrace, Diamond Horseshoe, etc. Also, the other concept that I like to stress is that not every QS location needs to be a huge moneymaker. I know that type of talk is heresy in the halls of TWDC, but, variation in experience to me is key to providing more than what can be equated to a Walmart type of dining experience. I love places like Gaston's Tavern; it is a small place slightly out of the way with a very small menu. We sometimes get soup at a food cart or a snack from somewhere, something to drink in Gaston's and then sit in the inside where the fireplace is. I love this more intimate type setting and it offers more variety. There should be so many more smaller venues like this, along with at least another TS, that are opened year round. The fact that Aunt Polly's was opened at times over the summer was great. But they should just keep that open.

I am not like several of the posters that are dissatisfied by the quality of WDW QS and/or TS food. There are some places that are just ok, but I enjoy a lot of what they offer, especially considering how many meals they need to prepare on any given day. However, Epcot aside, the MK needs more open throughout the year (I feel the same about DAK and DHS but as things are changing there so I will be curious to see what happens in the next 2 to 3 years). More menu variety is nice like what is happening at Pecos Bill's, but please, open more venues. You have way too many open spaces that are completely underutilized.

I have not been pleased with food quality recently but for the love of Finagle please WDW open more dining venues (you can start with the closed ones that used to be open when attendance was far lower) eating your meal on top of an overflowing trash can is a distinctly unMAGICAL experience.

flyerjab

Or eating in the bathroom at Cosmic Rays...:hungover:

They need to do something with MK when it concerns Cosmic Rays. This is one of the reasons (to me) that they need to open places like Diamond Horseshoe, Tortuga Tavern, etc. Cosmic Rays gets SO full it borders on lunacy at times. Also, that part of the park around Cosmic Rays gets so overloaded with people I try to avoid it. There is a bathroom there that gets overrun with people to the point that even the MK of old could not keep it clean. If they open up more eating options, both large and small, around the park, places like Cosmic Rays wouldn't be in the current state that it is. It's a shame too because they have a pasta salad there that my wife and I really enjoy.

betty rose

I took a video of the menu and the bar. Enjoy!

Thank you. It looks like they are having trouble keeping up with demand. I like to see filled bowls at Disney, especially at those prices. My suggestion, would be to have someone at the fixins' bar, to scoop out the extras. If you want more, you can go back, then that would be less of an issue. IMHO In the long run, it might be less expensive to have an attendant to ensure that some guests don't come in with their own chips and make their own fixins'. Without paying.

nelsonj3

Thank you. It looks like they are having trouble keeping up with demand. I like to see filled bowls at Disney, especially at those prices. My suggestion, would be to have someone at the fixins' bar, to scoop out the extras. If you want more, you can go back, then that would be less of an issue. IMHO In the long run, it might be less expensive to have an attendant to ensure that some guests don't come in with their own chips and make their own fixins'. Without paying.
This was about 10:30pm, so they may have been slowing it down on purpose towards the end of the night.

betty rose

The writer of the article on the Disney Parks Blog made a few comments about anyone unhappy about the menu changes at Pecos Bill to keep an eye on Tortuga Tavern in the near future.
I'm so happy to hear this. I loved the onion rings and barbeque sandwich. :happy::happy::happy:

betty rose

View attachment 113259 The manager here is walking around asking everyone how the meal was? Lol. Ironically, i have heard several mommies complaining that they were looking for burgers, fries, and chicken nuggets lol. I got the chicken burrito which is surprisingly delicious.
Mexican, especially cilantro, isn't for me. But, I do like plain rice and black beans. I would be more than happy with that! Especially with fresh tomato and onion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom