Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

peter11435

You're being intentionally obtuse and I'm tired of your trolling. Last time for the peanut gallery: the world's most extremely busy park needs more than one already extremely overcrowded location for which to purchase an extremely popular QS staple. Got it now? Or are you going to continue acting like this is somehow a difficult concept to comprehend?
I'm afraid I have to disagree. More guests are looking for something besides burgers and fries than are looking for burgers and fries. Pecos is extremely busy despite its menu not because of its menu. This is mostly due to location.

And there was no reason or justification for you being so unnecessarily rude.

doctornick

I'm afraid I have to disagree. More guests are looking for something besides burgers and fries than are looking for burgers and fries. Pecos is extremely busy despite its menu not because of its menu. This is mostly due to location.

And there was no reason or justification for you being so unnecessarily rude.

Yeah, I've got to agree with this. I'm very skeptical that there are many guests who say "I really want a burger, where can I go in MK to get it?". More likely, people say "I'm hungry, where's the nearest restaurant and does it have something I would like?" When they go to Cosmic Rays, they get a burger because that's what it has. If they go to the new Pecos Bill's, they'll get a burrito because that's what it has.

The number of people who are only willing to get a burger has got to be small and easily matched by the number of people who would want a fajita or burrito or rice bowl.

hpyhnt 1000

The responses in the comments section regarding Tortuga Tavern are promising. All for more variety (especially BBQ) in the parks. And if Disney is going through the trouble of creating a new menu, that's a promising sign that they plan on re-opening the Tavern and keeping it open.

EDIT: Oh, Pecos' new menu. Looks tasty, but about $2 overpriced, even by Disney standards. Kudos on the fixin' bar though.

French Quarter

You're being intentionally obtuse and I'm tired of your trolling. Last time for the peanut gallery: the world's most extremely busy park needs more than one already extremely overcrowded location for which to purchase an extremely popular QS staple. Got it now? Or are you going to continue acting like this is somehow a difficult concept to comprehend?

You do realize that we are just having a discussion on hamburgers, right? Sheesh. Thank you for the clarification.

4disneylovers

In 1995 we were on our honeymoon. 10 nights 11 days. I didn't think I could stomach another burger, pizza or chicken nugget. I have said for a few years now I am pleased with the changes. The variety and availability of healthy options is refreshing. Just my opinion.

Is there lettuce in the fixing bar? I couldn't tell. That's what I missed at Tortuga.

Clamman73

This is painted outside the door on the Outpost side
image.jpeg

Clamman73

In 1995 we were on our honeymoon. 10 nights 11 days. I didn't think I could stomach another burger, pizza or chicken nugget. I have said for a few years now I am pleased with the changes. The variety and availability of healthy options is refreshing. Just my opinion.

Is there lettuce in the fixing bar? I couldn't tell. That's what I missed at Tortuga.
Just looked. Don't see lettuce.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
While I am disappointed that I will no longer be able to eat at Pecos Bill (I would never consume anything on the menu...yuck!) I appreciate WDWs efforts to serve a more diverse selection of food.

I will definitely miss the old Pecos Bill menu. I'm sitting here reading through all the other counter service menus in MK trying to figure out where I will eat lunch on my upcoming trip. We pretty much always hit Pecos Bill because there was something for everyone. I rather enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich. I refuse to go anywhere near Cosmic Rays so I guess we will have to try to find something at Village Haus or Columbia Harbor House.

Grumpy1973

With the exciting new addition of unlimited guacamole to Pecos Bill's fixin's bar, effective October 1st, a 1-day park admission to Magic Kingdom now starts at $115.00, while Annual Pass jumps to $599 and Premium Annual Pass to $719, respectively.
I was thinking the SAME thing.. Take away hot cheese and add guac AND sour cream for free?? This isn't going to last long...

Dj Corona

Sadly, about a decade and a half, (if not more) something seemed to change with the taste of the burgers, so while I don't miss them, please don't get rid of the chili at Peco's Bill's! For me it's a nice alternative from the usual menu items, and while I didn't use it that much, losing that fixing's bar would be a shame. I saw it mentioned in this thread, but I really miss El Pirata y El Piraco, when although it was VERY seasonal, it used to serve tacos, (and better then Mexico in Epcot!)

Marco226

Yay for new Pecos Bill menu. My family and I really like fajitas, and burritos, and rice stuff (mmm... carbs). I just really hope that it doesn't revert back into something like McDonald's because of lack of interest or whatever like what totally happened with the Tomorrowland Terrace. Ugh.. that place had some really nice noodle dishes and Asian salads, but now it's just basic theme park food. I hope this new menu for Pecos Bill stays! I'm gonna miss the pulled pork, though...

Cosmic Commando

With the exciting new addition of unlimited guacamole to Pecos Bill's fixin's bar, effective October 1st, a 1-day park admission to Magic Kingdom now starts at $115.00, while Annual Pass jumps to $599 and Premium Annual Pass to $719, respectively.
I was thinking the SAME thing.. Take away hot cheese and add guac AND sour cream for free?? This isn't going to last long...
Honestly, unlimited guacamole on the toppings bar took this from a "meh" to a "must do" for me! I really can't see it lasting... I just hope it lasts a month until my trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom