News Peak season crowds have arrived

jaxonp

After working in Fantasyland last year this is what Fantasyland looks like everyday.

I was going to say, this has really become normal many days of the year. It's also spring breaks so not sure why its news that its a bit busier than everyday. People always think its the "busiest" when they go but the reality is that its, more than not, the "busiest" everyday anymore.

Castle Cake Apologist

Current wait times at MK, according to the MDE app:

Philharmagic: 30 minutes
TTA: 40 minutes (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Astro Orbiter: 40 minutes
Aladdin: 50 minutes
PotC: 60 minutes
IASM: 65 minutes
HM: 85 minutes
JotLM: 85 minutes
Dumbo: 90 minutes
Barnstormer: 90 minutes
Jungle Cruise: 95 minutes
Buzz: 95 minutes
Speedway: 100 minutes
Big Thunder: 105 minutes
Peter Pan: 125 minutes
Splash: 160 minutes
Space: 180 minutes
7DMT: 220 minutes

This is just absolutely not worth it. Your entire day in the park could feasibly be spent waiting in line for and then riding 2 or 3 attractions, all while Disney charges you $120+ for the privilege.

How many times have you been to the parks this year?

It doesn't matter how many times @Kman101 has been this year. Or anybody else, really. We have access to wait times in the park at our fingertips, so it's pretty easy to tell that this is much busier than normal. A 2.5 hour wait for Space and a 3.5 hour wait for Mine Train are not every day occurrences. A 40 minute wait for the Peoplemover likely means that hell has frozen over.

Last edited:

larandtra

There is no "slow" time at WDW any longer. Due to short staffing/ running less rides to increase lines during "slower" times, or just flat out being inundated with huge crowds ( currently spring break), the idea of "slower" no longer exists. Now, I will say this in response to my own observation. Because I just did it so I know its possible. Get your rear end up early if on property and use EMH in the AM. Over 3 days...EPEMH AM 8AM: Went to Frozen, Did Soarin, Test Track, MS, Land all before1030 and without FPs Saved the FPs for evening at AK.
MKEMH 7AM- 7 Dwarves, Pan, POC, JC, BTMRR, HM all done by 930 then did a few other things till 1045 or so, left, went to the pool, saved FPs for Epcot that evening.
AKEMH 7AM- In the parking lot at 610 AM, on FOP at 705, done by 715, line for FOP was now already 60 minutes, went and did Everest, Chester, Safari and got a great vid of the lioness stalking the male lion and pouncing on him, dinosaur...all done by 945. Break time and saved FPs for MK that evening.
Regardless of crowds, if you are willing to get up early for EMH on property or at a springs resort, you can accomplish a TON with minimal to no waits and still have a great day left to enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom