patently dumb Dole Whip question

jedeye18

Original Poster
Ok folks, time to admit to my secret shame. Have spent a week at DW each year for the last 3 years in June, and going back in a couple weeks to do it again. In that time, i have never had (or seen, for that matter) a Dole Whip. However, after reading the boards, i am now going to have to try one. So my question is, where in the parks do you get them at? :shrug:

Mukta

I hope you enjoy it!
I get them in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom. It is a place called Aloha Isle across from the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Captain Hank

Aloha Isle is the only place in the theme parks to find pineapple Dole whip. The only other place on property is at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian resort (and it's self-serve! :sohappy: ) My personal favorite is the pineapple float, with the Dole Whip floating on pineapple juice. :slurp: :slurp: Enjoy!

Shere_Khan

Yes you must try one!
I had never had one either until my last trip because I also read about them here.
Simply fantastic.

Anyone know if this counts as one of your snack items on the dining plan????

bobjl527

Don't overexpect. We tried them and couldn't find anything so special about them. Prefer ice cream.

Totally agree with you. Just pineapple flavored soft serve. They were my mothers favorite. However, I found them to be a bit too sweet for my taste. Not saying there is anything wrong with something too sweet. I probably would have enjoyed it more with the vanilla swirl.

bgraham34

Totally agree with you. Just pineapple flavored soft serve. They were my mothers favorite. However, I found them to be a bit too sweet for my taste. Not saying there is anything wrong with something too sweet. I probably would have enjoyed it more with the vanilla swirl.

I have to agree they are usually too sweet but I still love them. It always has to be followed up by water but on a hot day it can't be beat.

macsmom

Forgot about the Dole Whip this past trip in May, but I did get a pineapple bar in DAK which was great. Pineapple flavor is so good. Mmmmm

danna

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My first dole whip was on Oahu at the Dole plantation....and tasting FRESH pineapple is something I will always remember...what a difference in taste...yummy. I was thrilled to get it again past few years at MK....it is sooo good on a hot day to sit in shade and enjoy the taste while viewing the scenery. It is a tradition for my family....that being said, our local softserve place has dole whip and rotates the flavors....but just doesn't seem the same...not just for the ambience but the flavor seems a bit more watered down or something. :king:

DABIGCHEEZ

While I get a float each year and it is very refreshing, I don't see why everyone raves and goes gaga over them like it is the best thing on Earth and everyone needs to try one. It is just pineapple softserve with pineapple juice folks...calm down!

luvlifeinfl

I never tried one, i have a firend that always talks about dole whip and I just thought it was just a scoop of whipped topping. I did not know it had pineapple in it ( guess the would be the dole) anyway I guess I am not missing anythign since I do not like pineapple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom