patently dumb Dole Whip question

WDWRLD

I love the Dole Whip. Im not as sure ifs the actual taste of it or the fact that its one of only 2 places on property that sells them and its just not something you see anywhere else. That to me makes it something that says...im in the Magic Kingdom. Regular soft serve...get at anywhere, popcorn..get it anywhere, and even the turkey led...you can get those at many theme parks now.
Only 2 more days till I can get me a Dole Whip.....

gwhb75

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't think they were that big a deal. I don't know what I was expecting, but had heard a lot of hype so had to try one. Didn't really find it to be anything special.:shrug:

Thrill Seeker

I had my first one today. It was the float with Orange Dole Whip. It was actually really good. One of these days, I'm going to get a straight up Pineapple one.

matt88mph

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't think they were that big a deal. I don't know what I was expecting, but had heard a lot of hype so had to try one. Didn't really find it to be anything special.:shrug:

SHUN!!!! Just kidding. I guess pineapple is one of those tastes where either you really like it, or you don't. My mom, dad, and I all enjoy pineapple, so we get the Dole Whip floats, but my two brothers don't, so they just get regular soft serve. I can understand why some people don't like it; if I eat too much, it ruins my tongue for anything else for the rest of the day.

tigsmom

I keep seeing the phrase "soft serve" go by, just so you know Dole Whip IS NOT ice cream; it is a frozen non dairy product that is low in fat & carbs... it is lactose free & cholesterol free as well. The only "dairy" in it is a small amount of sodium cassienate which is a milk derivative... it's all chemicals and yet it tastes so good :lol:

ktflisa

I personally like the dole whip float with the pineapple/vanilla swirl with Coke.

Holy Pineapple that must be really sweet! :p

I had my first Dole Whip ever last December at Disneyland. I have been to WDW and DL over 20 times. Can't believe what I was missing! At DL they have them in the outdoor waiting area for the Tiki Room. DELISH!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I keep seeing the phrase "soft serve" go by, just so you know Dole Whip IS NOT ice cream; it is a frozen non dairy product that is low in fat & carbs... it is lactose free & cholesterol free as well. The only "dairy" in it is a small amount of sodium cassienate which is a milk derivative... it's all chemicals and yet it tastes so good :lol:
The word chemical always get such a bad rap. I always love talking to people who claim that they have removed all of the "chemicals" for their diet and the feel so much better. The deer in the headlights look I get when I ask them how they were able to remove water from their diet is priceless.:lol:

mas

Yummy - Dole Whip

I never miss it. And the Tiki hut is still one of my fav rides after more than 35 years:wave:

tigsmom

The word chemical always get such a bad rap. I always love talking to people who claim that they have removed all of the "chemicals" for their diet and the feel so much better. The deer in the headlights look I get when I ask them how they were able to remove water from their diet is priceless.:lol:

Better living thru chemistry? :lol:

Expo_Seeker40

It wasn't until this past January that I finally had my first Dole Whip (Float) after going to WDW for years.

nfofo3.jpg

Also, The Magic Kingdom is home to the Citrus Swirl! :sohappy: The Citrus Swirl is like a perfected orange creamsicle. It's made by Florida Citrus Growers, who were the original sponsor of the Enchanted Tiki Room at the MK in the 70s and 80s. It was originally sold at the sunshine tree terrace, but is served at Aloha and still tastes great. It can only be found at the MK, not at DL in California.

a1sv1u.jpg

juscet

They don't have it anymore, but Ohana used to have fresh pineapple that you dipped in caramel... now that they discontinued it I will never go to Ohana again.:slurp::)

Mikester71

I never tried one, i have a firend that always talks about dole whip and I just thought it was just a scoop of whipped topping. I did not know it had pineapple in it ( guess the would be the dole) anyway I guess I am not missing anythign since I do not like pineapple.

That's what I thought too (seeings how I don't particularly like pineapple myself). But after trying one last trip, I made sure to stop at Aloha Isle every chance I got before our 10 day trip was over. Still don't know which treat I like better - Dole Whip Float or a Mickey Mouse Premium Ice Cream Bar! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom