Parks EXTREMELY busy already

EHR21

I have been going to Disney the week after Thanksgiving for about 20 years now, this year we went December 1st-7th....it was absolutely JAMMED!

Magic Kingdom hit capacity the day we went, it looked like a summer day....and Disney had many counter service restaurants CLOSED because they said they were "Seasonal" SEASONAL? look around you! The lines are out the door to get food! It was a nightmare. EPCOT wasnt too bad, but still much more crowded than we are use to, Animal Kingdom was crowded but not too bad.... but MK...oof, it was nuts. It literally took us over 2 hours to get back to our car!

In all the parks we had to do FAST PASSES where in the past we never even had to touch a fast pass...ever.

I can tell you, I am a victim of their crap....I was at ASM, they were HORRID, they should all (including their parents) be ashamed of themselves.

I was there from the 1st till the 10th and it wasn't that bad. Magic Kingdom was its usual self but we got to every ride with minimal wait, 20 minute wait the most @ Peter Pan. MVMCP was another story, we went on the 8th and it was really crowded. As for Epcot, the studios and AK we almost just walked into all the rides, best time ever!!:sohappy:

Lisalyn

Good to hear... now who wants to get me the hard to get fastpasses for my collection?

The crowds seemed lighter than normal over Thanksgiving weekend (although still busy). Then the week after was the lightest I'd ever seen it.

I was there over Thanksgiving and thought they were absolutely PACKED! lol

talfonso

Bring it on, Brazilian tour groups

Thank heavens that I wasn't there that day - I'd be ticked off thanks to the Scholars (what I call the Pop Warner kids)! I'm going to Epcot today - and it's summertime in Brazil, so bring it on, Brazilian tour groups, or in my terms, the turismos from the Brazilian side! I'm not scared of you!!! :slurp:

hack2112

Thank heavens that I wasn't there that day - I'd be ticked off thanks to the Scholars (what I call the Pop Warner kids)! I'm going to Epcot today - and it's summertime in Brazil, so bring it on, Brazilian tour groups, or in my terms, the turismos from the Brazilian side! I'm not scared of you!!! :slurp:
You may not be afraid, but I am. :lookaroun

/runs away and hides in SeaWorld.

Buried20KLeague

You may not be afraid, but I am. :lookaroun

/runs away and hides in SeaWorld.

That might not be the best place to hide... Was there yesterday while a couple HUGE groups were chanting and cheering all over the park.

Manta made it all better though.

And the alcohol. :lookaroun

hack2112

That might not be the best place to hide... Was there yesterday while a couple HUGE groups were chanting and cheering all over the park.

Manta made it all better though.

And the alcohol. :lookaroun
Looks like I'll have to be on the move than. After Manta, I'll hide in the Wizarding World of Unfinished Construction!

tirian

I was at the world Saturday. It was really busy.

Downtown Disney (1pm) - NO PARKING ANYWHERE. All the PI and Marketplace lots were FULL. We circled the lots for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything. We wound up parking in a 10 minute "package pickup" spot just so I could run and get the one item I needed.

Epcot (2pm-5pm) - We didn't ride any attractions. We just took a stroll around the World Showcase and shopped a bit. SSE was about a 20 minute wait on our way out. This park felt the least crowded in terms of walking around. There are wide, expansive walkways though which helps.

Grand Floridian (5-6pm) - The usual mix of people looking at the Gingerbread House and getting their pic taken by the tree. Photopass photographer was set up and there was a small line at all times to get your photo.

Magic Kingdom (6pm-10:30pm) - Park was PACKED. Every walkway was clogged and congested. FULL of large groups roaming together. TTA had multiple switch-backs on a corral set up AND the line went way down towards Buzz as well. It was at least a 20-30 minute wait. For TTA! Wishes was standing room only and everyone was pressed in around the Hub like sardines.

Huge groups left after Wishes (including us) even though the park was open until 1am. But HUGE groups were also entering as we were all waiting for a monorail.

This wasn't early December crowding. This was much more xmas - nye week crowding. It was almost as bad as I've ever seen it and it really blew my mind how busy it really was.

This is the second year the parks get packed two weeks before Christmas. Last year, my parents visited me during the same weekend, and the parks were almost as bad as Christmas day. It was a combination of Pop Warner, Brazilian tour groups, and DVC point exchange discounts (fewer points for bigger rooms).

EPCOT Explorer

This is the second year the parks get packed two weeks before Christmas. Last year, my parents visited me during the same weekend, and the parks were almost as bad as Christmas day. It was a combination of Pop Warner, Brazilian tour groups, and DVC point exchange discounts (fewer points for bigger rooms).

And aren't those things leaving now?:lookaroun:lol:

_Scar

lol, that was a quick respond

August didn't seem nearly as hectic as Sat. We couldn't even attempt to do half the things we wanted to do in one day. :/

EPCOTPluto

Really back into the Christmas music in FW topic once again? :shrug:

It's fitting for the season, a nice change of pace and is great music. 'Nuff said on this side. :D

And aren't those things leaving now?:lookaroun:lol:

Pop Warner groups usually stay for the weekend to enjoy the parks, suddenly creating July-like crowds.

Then the Christmas crowds roll in on December 18th.
Happy to hear that the Spawns from Heck are leaving soon.

Of course, those Christmas crowds really do not differentiate from the said current numbers of people in the parks... :lookaroun

_Scar

Well, that's descriptive.:rolleyes:

:lol: I take it you were anticipating to go pretty quick?

Well, the plan wasn't really too in depth. Just ride most of the attractions. My family doesn't go into MK with a time table of what we're supposed to do. :lol::lookaroun Do you?

I wasn't expecting any crowds and tbh I rarely noticed pop warner kids. The main guests who I noticed were rude were oridinary guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom