Parks EXTREMELY busy already

SirGoofy

Magic Kingdom hit capacity the day we went, it looked like a summer day....and Disney had many counter service restaurants CLOSED because they said they were "Seasonal" SEASONAL? look around you! The lines are out the door to get food! It was a nightmare.

Welcome to the wonderful world of MK dining.:rolleyes:

It's a nightmare all the time.

EPCOT Explorer

Eh, I find Touring Plans to be wrong more than they are right, but that's just me.

Glad to hear it's crowded. Can't wait to be a sardine in the parks in a few weeks.:D
Good to know....and I'd trust your judgement, of all people. :D
Yesterday was nuts. Lots of cheerleaders and pop warners getting thier las hurrah in, I think. Today's not nearly like that. We left mk yesterday because we knew it would fall back off.

At sea world right now and it's dead quiet, too.

Crossing my fingers it was just a weekend spike, like we think.
Good. Hope it stays like that! :D

Either way... Me+ Disney= Happy. Crowds or weather can't change that.

WDsMouse

I totally agree with the assessment of crowds at the Magic Kingdom - it did feel like Christmas-NYE type crowds last night. A LINE for TTA? Craziness! That is always the one ride that I can go on with my daughter without waiting in a line. Not last night though! We went to see the castle lighting at 6:15 (beautiful!) but then left right before the first Spectro, mostly due to the crowds, and my almost-2-yr-old had had enough!

MissM

Just curious - was DTD ITSELF busy? Or is everyone just using it for free parking?:D
I can't say. We couldn't find a spot long enough to actually shop! Love parked in the 10 minute spot and I literally ran just to get the one item I needed. Once Upon a Toy was packed but that was the only shop I went into. I think all of DtD was really just crazy busy since the lots were full and dozens of cars were circling like vultures trying to find a spot.

[/QUOTE]Magic Kingdom (6pm-10:30pm) - Park was PACKED. Every walkway was clogged and congested. FULL of large groups roaming together. TTA had multiple switch-backs on a corral set up AND the line went way down towards Buzz as well. It was at least a 20-30 minute wait. For TTA! Wishes was standing room only and everyone was pressed in around the Hub like sardines.

Huge groups left after Wishes (including us) even though the park was open until 1am. But HUGE groups were also entering as we were all waiting for a monorail.

This wasn't early December crowding. This was much more xmas - nye week crowding. It was almost as bad as I've ever seen it and it really blew my mind how busy it really was.[/QUOTE]

I was at MK on Saturday night too. It was packed! There was a 9:00 Spectromagic, then 10:00 wishes, then 11:00 Spectromagic! Too much going on in one area at the same time I guess. We tried to go on TTA after wishes and saw the line, so we left. But we did get to see "plan B" exit around the back of Main Street. That was kinda cool!

daguru

Yeah, Saturday night was insane... gave me New Years flashbacks... I have NEVER seen a line for TTA, let alone one that dwarfed the Orbiter line. Spectro and Wishes was very crowded and a little over whelming. If we had not been there with family, we would have went it home...

Very bad... :(

GymLeaderPhil

It was one of the first Saturday evenings without a MVMCP or EMH. The Kingdom was open fairly late as well following a previous weekend with parade taping and torrential downpours. Factor in Pop Warner and you have a pretty high projection for guests.

Edit: Friend said it was projected at 66k.

scpergj

Had a lot of reports in from Saturday that the parks are absolutely jammed. Studios parking lot was close on capacity, all the lots at Downtown were pretty much full, MK was VERY busy. No phased closings, but attendance was very high everywhere.

Well, we were there, and I can tell you that at 5:00 PM, we parked in the last row on the right at the Studios, in the first spot (right next to where you pay to park). MK was packed by 11:00 AM (we got there at 9:30AM and parked in Pluto 43), and EPCOT was busy as well - people were several deep all around World Showcase for Illuminations.

Overall, we did have a good day, however. Caught a demonstration on how they make Gingerbread houses at the Grand Floridian - and they were giving out small samples of it, too - delicious! Wife, Mom, and Mother-in-law all got tips for making houses to use next year.

Oh, yeah...Osbourne Lights were AMAZING!!!

EPCOT Explorer

It was one of the first Saturday evenings without a MVMCP or EMH. The Kingdom was open fairly late as well following a previous weekend with parade taping and torrential downpours. Factor in Pop Warner and you have a pretty high projection for guests.

Edit: Friend said it was projected at 66k.

Ahh...that makes sense. All the AP-ers and all the people who wanted to do a weekend MK without a party swarmed the place. Logic and reason.:cool::lol:

scpergj

Group of 20-30 waiting outside. Theaters were 3/4 full. People were walking out singing and saying it was their favorite ride all day. I was grinning from ear to ear!

Our little group (6 - me, wife, 2 kids, my mom, her mom) saw it in a pretty full theatre, and it was interesting the number of people singing along with the song! Mom said she doesn't remember seeing it before (She said it seemed familiar), and she also really liked it.

WDW Vacationer

Our little group (6 - me, wife, 2 kids, my mom, her mom) saw it in a pretty full theatre, and it was interesting the number of people singing along with the song! Mom said she doesn't remember seeing it before (She said it seemed familiar), and she also really liked it.

That's good to hear.

juan

While I noticed the crowds at DHS on Friday were large, I somehow managed to walk-on to RnR twice at 1 pm. There were about 300 Brazilians in the courtyard, but no one in line. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom