Parks EXTREMELY busy already

EPCOTPluto

:fork:

You are horrible!:ROFLOL:
Welcome. :king:

Downtown Disney (1pm) - NO PARKING ANYWHERE. All the PI and Marketplace lots were FULL. We circled the lots for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything. We wound up parking in a 10 minute "package pickup" spot just so I could run and get the one item I needed.

Magic Kingdom (6pm-10:30pm) - Park was PACKED. Every walkway was clogged and congested. FULL of large groups roaming together. TTA had multiple switch-backs on a corral set up AND the line went way down towards Buzz as well. It was at least a 20-30 minute wait. For TTA! Wishes was standing room only and everyone was pressed in around the Hub like sardines.

This wasn't early December crowding. This was much more Xmas - NYE week crowding. It was almost as bad as I've ever seen it and it really blew my mind how busy it really was.
You mean no parking within a 1 mile range? :lookaroun

:eek: to MK. At least EPCOT has learned from the MK's sidewalk mistakes and made it spacious enough for large crowds.

I am beginnng to wonder if those such light crowds around the first week or two of Dec. as stated by Touring Plans are how dated now...

That means the Carousel of Progress has earned itself a 10 minute wait today.
Which means about two thirds of the audience would be conversing or texting in their cell phones. :brick:

rct247

Arrived at Magic Kingdom at 10:30pm last night. Lots of people leaving all at once after the fireworks. After that though, crowds died down. Cosmic Ray's had hardly any line. Space was up to 40 mins at one point. Splash was at 10. Big Thunder at 20. Buzz at 20. TTA was a walk on. Only problem was the number of breakdowns. Thunder and Space broke down as well as the monorail.

Animal Kingdom yesterday on the other hand was not too bad either. Everest had a 25 min wait around 3pm. Nemo's last show wasn't packed. Safari was at 20 mins late in the day after being down for an hour. Dinosaur was a walk on around 5:30pm.

DisneyParksFan1

Gotta love those Brazilians. They are part of the reason WDW is so succesful, but they also are part of the reason WDW Management just lets attractions slowly degrade. Haha.

Anyway, I'm glad i'm not there at the moment. And to think I was about to go today. Do you guys think attendance will be high next weekend? I'm planning on heading over to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom to ride Expedition Everest. May go to DHS.

EPCOT Explorer

Gotta love those Brazilians. They are part of the reason WDW is so succesful, but they also are part of the reason WDW Management just lets attractions slowly degrade. Haha.

Anyway, I'm glad i'm not there at the moment. And to think I was about to go today. Do you guys think attendance will be high next weekend? I'm planning on heading over to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom to ride Expedition Everest. May go to DHS.

Touring Plans has that it at a 7.:shrug:

Meh.

EPCOT Explorer

Now,if we'd just get Disney to beef it up a bit,and promote it...imagine what Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress could be!

I still want it in the old WoL,and the legacy stones moved up there.

As much as it fits EPCOT, there's something great about having it in thw Magic Kingdom. It feels closer to Walt, that way.

But yes, promotion and a refurb is REALLY needed.

Foolish Mortal

The crowds seemed lighter than normal over Thanksgiving weekend (although still busy). Then the week after was the lightest I'd ever seen it.

Wow, were you and I in the same place ? :lol: I was there 11/27-12/6 and thought the crowds were heavier than normal for that time of year. Sure, Thanksgiving weekend is to be expected but otherwise all the majors were about 45 minutes every time I went by. MK was evening EMH on 12/4 until 1am, it was so crowded I left. And I'm usually hardcore stick it out until they politely push everyone down Main St. When I got out to the buses, the que for POR was at least half way down the station, and a general disaster. POP and All Stars was it's usual mess. I've never seen guests so freely walking around the area's where the buses come in. This was all before the 11pm parade.

Bork Bork

My family is a bunch of WDW newbies and we've only experienced the World at Spring Break the last 2 years. We'll be there the 18th-23rd and if it's as packed as people are reporting, we'll feel right at home. Can't wait! :sohappy:

SirGoofy

My family is a bunch of WDW newbies and we've only experienced the World at Spring Break the last 2 years. We'll be there the 18th-23rd and if it's as packed as people are reporting, we'll feel right at home. Can't wait! :sohappy:

I take it you mean Easter Week by Spring Break?

If so, you ain't seen nothing yet. Christmas beats the pants off of Easter Week.:lol:

heartodisney

just got back last night from the world and can back this up. For the past week it had been busy, but nothing to bad. Yesterday, Saturday Dec 12th, we went to EPCOT and found the park to be more busy then it had been for the whole week. We did see lots of matching jump suites and cheering kids, but still had a great time....also it was fun because we heard the computers went down at least in the restaurants mid day which is why our bill from Chefs De France was hand written!
Cool! Handwritten bill! THAT will be a great piece of paper to put back for safe keeping! Glad you guys had a very good time! :sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

Yesterday was nuts. Lots of cheerleaders and pop warners getting thier las hurrah in, I think. Today's not nearly like that. We left mk yesterday because we knew it would fall back off.

At sea world right now and it's dead quiet, too.

Crossing my fingers it was just a weekend spike, like we think.

crazydaveh

We were at the Studios yesterday and man, it was so packed it honeslty wasn't fun.

We arrived around 3pm and it wasn't that bad when we arrived. Though the crowds started rolling in around 430 for the lights. We walked on Muppets (imagine that) but everything else was packed. At 4pm, TSM was 75 minutes (average for any Saturday afternoon though), ToT was 60, RnRC was 75. We did only wait five minutes for my one year old to see Mickey for the first time, that was fun.

Once the Osbourne Lights came on, the crowds shifted over to that side of the park and ToT became a walk-on and RnRC was still holding strong with a 70 minute wait with no single rider ling (CM said it was running about an hour long so they weren't running at THAT time).

Over at the lights, I felt like a sheep in a heard going nowhere. It was fun to see them, but it was insane.

Overall, not a bad afternoon, just didn't expect that many people there. I knew it would be busy, but not Holiday week busy!

It did take about 35 minutes to get out of the parking lot too.

MissM

Oh, forgot to mention - about ten minutes until park closing, Toy Story Mania was at 80 minute wait last night. We swung by on our way out just to check on it. (We kept going.)

When do buses start picking up people from the hotels? I am going to the world Dec.26th - Jan 31st. I know its gonna be insane crowds but if I can get there for park opening then I can get a FP for one E-ticket and then go wait on the relatively short line for another E-ticket. Basically bang out 2 E-tickets right in a row each morning. I just want to make sure I am there for park opening so......When do buses start running? The parks are opening at 8 all that week.

SirGoofy

When do buses start picking up people from the hotels? I am going to the world Dec.26th - Jan 31st. I know its gonna be insane crowds but if I can get there for park opening then I can get a FP for one E-ticket and then go wait on the relatively short line for another E-ticket. Basically bang out 2 E-tickets right in a row each morning. I just want to make sure I am there for park opening so......When do buses start running? The parks are opening at 8 all that week.

I'm gonna be there the same time!:D

I might be wrong, since I haven't stayed in a resort in a long time, but I think they start picking people up and hour before park opening, but I'm not 100% sure.

xtina72

I have been going to Disney the week after Thanksgiving for about 20 years now, this year we went December 1st-7th....it was absolutely JAMMED!

Magic Kingdom hit capacity the day we went, it looked like a summer day....and Disney had many counter service restaurants CLOSED because they said they were "Seasonal" SEASONAL? look around you! The lines are out the door to get food! It was a nightmare. EPCOT wasnt too bad, but still much more crowded than we are use to, Animal Kingdom was crowded but not too bad.... but MK...oof, it was nuts. It literally took us over 2 hours to get back to our car!

In all the parks we had to do FAST PASSES where in the past we never even had to touch a fast pass...ever.

the Pop Warner kids are all over the place, unsupervised and generally tearing the place up.

I can tell you, I am a victim of their crap....I was at ASM, they were HORRID, they should all (including their parents) be ashamed of themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom