Park Hopper Passes going away!!!

J

joviacdan

In case this hasn't been done yet, let me put down the differences in price of the new system and the old:

Park Hopper 4 Day:$233.24
Magic Your Way 4 Day:$210.00

Park Hopper 5 Day:$265.19
Magic Your Way 5 Day:$228.00

Park Hopper Plus 5 Day:$300.34
Magic Your Way 5 Day w/premium:$273.00

Park Hopper Plus 6 Day:$332.30
Magic Your Way 6 Day w/premium:$276.00

Park Hopper Plus 7 Day:$364.24
Magic Your Way 7 Day w/premium:$279.00

Ultimate Park Hopper 2 Day:$137.40
Magic Your Way 2 Day w/premium:$199.00

Ultimate Park Hopper 3 Day:$187.46
Magic Your Way 3 Day w/premium:$251.00

Ultimate Park Hopper 4 Day:$251.36
Magic Your Way 4 Day w/premium:$265.00

Ultimate Park Hopper 5 Day:$300.34
Magic Your Way 5 Day w/premium:$273.00

Ultimate Park Hopper 6 Day:$335.50
Magic Your Way 6 Day w/premium:$276.00

Ultimate Park Hopper 7 Day:$370.64
Magic Your Way 7 Day w/premium:$279.00

As you can see, Magic Your Way is a no lose idea after you hit 4 days on an Ultimate Park Hopper. It beats the park hopper and park hopper plusses any way you look at it.

amejr999

Keep in mind, though, that those prices don't include the "no expiration" thing, which would have to be added to make sure that they stay as similar as possible.

Trishnh

joviacdan said:
I have an AP, but if you don't and you're going for 7 days, this is an AWESOME deal!!!!

The flat base rate for 7 days is $199. Add on the Magic Premium Plan for an extra $80, and you get a 7 day park hopper, with 5 plus options for $279. What is a 7 day park hopper plus now, like $350?

How can this be seen as a bad deal?

# Days Adult (ages 10 and up) Child (ages 3-9)
1 $59.75 $48.00
2 $119.00 $96.00
3 $171.00 $137.00
4 $185.00 $148.00
5 $193.00 $155.00
6 $196.00 $157.00
7 $199.00 $160.00
10 $209.00 TBA

Simply add $80 for park hopping and plus options - It's GREAT!

It definitely gets interesting when you see the minimal price difference between 5-6-7+ days. I can see where people would say "well, we may as well stay for 7 days since it is only $6 more than 5!!" I know I will!! :lol: I **think** I am liking this more and more the more I think about it! Then again, I just noticed my soon-to-be 10 year old is going to be more expensive very soon (although this is not a change)! :cry:

J

joviacdan

amejr999 said:
Keep in mind, though, that those prices don't include the "no expiration" thing, which would have to be added to make sure that they stay as similar as possible.

True. To me, that'd be of no consequence. Before I got an AP, I'd book a 7 day trip, and either get an Ultimate Park Hopper (which expires at checkout) or I'd get a 7 day park hopper, which was ALWAYS used up by the end of the trip.

LilDucky

Lets say Im planning on going in 2005 and 2006... would it be cheaper to go ahead and buy the 7 day plan (with the hopper and the no ex. thing)? Or is it just better to buy what you need? All I know it that im really happy that i have left over days from past trips...

One more question: We bought our tickets thru the phone and we agreed to pick them up at the park when we get there... does that mean we were charged at the time of the call, or are we going to be charged when we pick them up? Confusing I know, but I need to know or else our days will expire after the eighth!!!

CTXRover

joviacdan said:
True. To me, that'd be of no consequence. Before I got an AP, I'd book a 7 day trip, and either get an Ultimate Park Hopper (which expires at checkout) or I'd get a 7 day park hopper, which was ALWAYS used up by the end of the trip.

Not to put the spotlight on you, but that is the perfect example as to how I can see this new pass program being SO much better than the old. You didn't NEED that "no expiration" thing. So why pay for it? Now you don't and you'll be saving considerably and going to WDW for a lot less than 7 days would cost you under the current "Park Hopper pass program". Even if you decided you wanted that option, the ticket would STILL be cheaper!

I'm just a little irritated that nearly every news article on this new pass pricing in the newspapers (like Orlando Sentinel) mentions how the single day price hike is the biggest in how long, but fail to mention how the new system really benefits most people who vacation to WDW..those that spend 4 or more days there and how much cheaper it could be for them...depending on what options you choose.

J

joviacdan

CTXRover said:
Not to put the spotlight on you, but that is the perfect example as to how I can see this new pass program being SO much better than the old. You didn't NEED that "no expiration" thing. So why pay for it? Now you don't and you'll be saving considerably and going to WDW for a lot less than 7 days would cost you under the current "Park Hopper pass program". Even if you decided you wanted that option, the ticket would STILL be cheaper!

I'm just a little irritated that nearly every news article on this new pass pricing in the newspapers (like Orlando Sentinel) mentions how the single day price hike is the biggest in how long, but fail to mention how the new system really benefits most people who vacation to WDW..those that spend 4 or more days there and how much cheaper it could be for them...depending on what options you choose.

I couldn't agree more. Not to sound like a jerk, but for the amount of money we'll be saving on longer trips, they could up the price of a 1 day ticket to $100 and I wouldn't care in the least.

CTXRover

General Grizz said:
So apparently the one day tickets are NOW over 60 dollars (including tax). . . the biggest increase in history. . .

Honestly, how many people plan a WDW vacation and buy a single day ticket anymore? I'm sure there are a few people who decide, heh, what the heck, let's go to the MK today and they buy a single day ticket.

HOWEVER, look at the bigger picture here. Your average vactioneer to WDW probably easily spends at least 4 days there. Even if you take all the options for a 4 Day Magic Your Way pass and make essentially what a current 4 day Park Hopper is , it is only a little more than before. Otherwise, 5, 6, or 7 day passes, depending on your options, can be A LOT cheaper than current choices or just a little cheaper if you take all the options. Either way, the key word is "cheaper". This new pass program will ultimately benefit the MAJORITY of guests to WDW, while also encouraging longer stays.

Please don't fall into the trap of seeing that solely single day prices are increasing by $5.00 like every major media outlet is doing. Its a shame how people will always focus on the negative, expecially when its the easiest comparison to make in this case, and fail to see the enormous positive benefits. This single day price hike won't affect the majority of guests to WDW. Its really just a way to ENCOURAGE folks to stay longer...which is what WDW has been trying to do since they built Epcot and everything after that by offering more incentives to stay longer.

As I've suggested before, check out the price chart at disneyworld.com to see for yourself. Its a good deal.

J

joviacdan

General Grizz said:
So apparently the one day tickets are NOW over 60 dollars (including tax). . . the biggest increase in history. . .

And it's approxamiately $100 cheaper now to spend a week at Disney World than it was before.

I'm sorry - But I habe to believe that there are many more people who spend more than 1 day at Disney World than do just spend 1 day.

DisneyPhD

FamilyMan said:
May this be the end to ANNUAL PASSES???? I see nothing anywhere that says they will continue to sell APs... there is however, a replacement...

I don't see them doing that, not after the really big anouncement about DVC getting a $100 discount on AP. They wouldn't do that and take it away so right after that.

It might ecnourage people to get AP instead of "park Hopper tix" with the new system.

I told hubby it bothered me to pay more to park hope, he said don't look at it as paying more to park hop as much as saving if you don't.

Still bugs me. I like more flexiblity. But what am I going on about? I am getting an AP.

We have a old PH plus that has 2 days and 3 extras left on it. I might end up saving it now.

Just trying to decided what do to for the members of our group this Feb, buy them now or wait.

General Grizz

Yep, I agree that more people would (and would want to!!) spend more time at Disney. However, there is a great chunk of (poorer) people who just can't afford it - or the new packages, as great as they are. Oh well.

CTXRover

General Grizz said:
Yep, I agree that more people would (and would want to!!) spend more time at Disney. However, there is a great chunk of (poorer) people who just can't afford it - or the new packages, as great as they are. Oh well.

But again, that is NOT an accurate reflection of the majority of people who visit WDW and it is not producing a "class gap" I guess they could have kept one day prices the same, but I know a lot of people who save literally for years to make that once in a lifetime trip to WDW....and it isn't for a single day, that's for sure. Going to WDW for these folks has never been better and Disney continues to provide ways for ALL to be part of a Disney "experience", no matter your budget. The value resorts are providing great new ways to stay on property for a fraction of the price that were never an option before. In addition, this new ticket program is providing ways to make that dream weeklong vacation to WDW cheaper than ever before (for really cash-strapped folks, its over $100 in potential savings from the current ticket options).

General Grizz

I totally agree with you, CTX, but I just wanted to represent - just a bit! - the lesser fortunate. Anyways. . .

So how about a 4 or 5 day park hopper for $120 for the Grizzly Bear? :lookaroun

TURKEY

BRWombat said:
Don't know if this is a typo or another source says different, but according to AllEarsNet.com, "All One Park for One Day Tickets sold beginning December 2, 2004 will expire on January 8 (not 18), 2005.

January 8 is also what is being told to CMs.

TURKEY

Most FL residents either:

1. Have an annual or seasonal pass.
2. By Play 4 Day tickets (that sound like they are dissapearing to 3 days).
3. Buy single day tickets.

CTXRover

DisneyPhD said:
I told hubby it bothered me to pay more to park hope, he said don't look at it as paying more to park hop as much as saving if you don't.

Still bugs me. I like more flexiblity.

Again, it is NOT costing anyone any "more" to park hop than it did before. If anything, its cheaper. While true you have to "add" it on, if you compare current Park Hoppers with any 5, 6 or 7 day Magic Your Way Pass with "add-ons" of the park-hopping option AND the No expiration option, it is actually CHEAPER than the current tickets (only a 4 day Magic Your Way Pass with those options is a little more than the current passes).

However, if you are sure you won't be "wasting" any days, don't take the No Expiration option, why pay for it if it isn't going to benefit you, add on your park hopping and I guarentee you that your tickets will be CHEAPER than any current Park Hopper option out there.

Sledge

Account Suspended
So if I order a Park Hopper now will I still have the park hopper or will I have to use this new thing. Im so confused.

I want to go for 6 days in May but havent booked. Should I book now or wait until this new package?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom