Park Hopper Passes going away!!!

LilDucky

so I'm really really confused now :veryconfu . How much would a:

3 day and hopper add on cost?

4 day with hopper add on and "no expiration" add on cost?

Yes I know, Im mathematically challenged. Thank goodness Im a history major...

phlydude

Original Poster
LilDucky said:
so I'm really really confused now :veryconfu . How much would a:

3 day and hopper add on cost?

4 day with hopper add on and "no expiration" add on cost?

Yes I know, Im mathematically challenged. Thank goodness Im a history major...

3 day and hopper add on cost? - $206 ($219.39 after tax)

4 day with hopper add on and "no expiration" add on cost? - $275 ($292.88 after tax)

Take a look at this chart to get other prices!! :wave:
Price Chart

crazygirley

phlydude said:
4 day with hopper add on and "no expiration" add on cost? - $275 ($292.88 after tax)
See now, that seems like such a rip, even with inflation and price increases. I am getting my 4-Day Hopper for $215 at the Disney Store! And it's the same thing, minus the add-on!!! Now, something even as much as $250 would seem like a proper increase... but $275?!

peter11435

crazygirley said:
See now, that seems like such a rip, even with inflation and price increases. I am getting my 4-Day Hopper for $215 at the Disney Store! And it's the same thing, minus the add-on!!! Now, something even as much as $250 would seem like a proper increase... but $275?!
yeah, but for only an extra $14 dollars you could make that 4 day hopper a 7 day hopper.

wannab@dis

I guess I don't get the reason for the no expiration... either buy a LARGE ticket with the no expiration such as 10 day or get what you need for your trip. In that case, the price increase is small if any and in some cases, you will save money.

Why would you NEED a 4 day hopper without an expiration??? Or for that matter any of the passes with less than 6 or 7 days that don't expire.

peter11435

Also, it would not be $275 for the 4 day. That price includes a $55 charge for the no-expiration. The $55 is only for the seven day. The actual cost ranges from $10 for the 2 day to $55 for the seven day. My guess is the 4 day would only be about $25. Making the actual ticket price $245.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
May this be the end to ANNUAL PASSES???? I see nothing anywhere that says they will continue to sell APs... there is however, a replacement...

The "Magic Your Way" ticket plan also includes special values for Florida residents who sometimes make shorter but more frequent visits.

Residents can choose from three savings options:

A third day free with the purchase of a two-day ticket.
Or 10 percent savings on a one-day base ticket.
Or free "Park Hopper" option added to a full-price one-day ticket.
"This is our way of thanking our home-state neighbors for their years of loyalty," Weiss said. "Floridians told us what they wanted, so we're giving them more flexibility and options that fit the way they visit Walt Disney World."

That REALLY scares me...

CTXRover

crazygirley said:

You are buying a 4-Day Park Hopper right? The current cost for that at the gate is $219.00 (pre-buy online discount takes it down to 202.00) .

The new Magic Your Way pass for the EXACT same thing, no expiration and all is $235.00 at the gate (unfortunately online discounts are not available for 4 day options). It is more expensive with a 33.00 price hike.... but not as bad as you might have thought. ONLY if you want to add water parks to that too, which is NOT an option whatsoever with a 4-day Park Hopper, would the Magic Your Way pass cost around $280.00.

If you want to buy the 4 day park hopper, do so now as it is cheaper, however, in the future, the question is, do you REALLY need the days to never expire? What are the chances that you won't use all 4 days? If you're pretty confident you will use all 4 days, the new Magic Your Way Pass with Park Hopper option will cost you $220.00. More or less the same as now, but without the expected price hike at all.

Its all about encouraging people to stay longer.

Trishnh

I am really not sure how I feel about these changes! :hammer: First I thought it was terrible, then I thought about it and we also have a drawer full of tickets with only the 'extras' left, so it may be a good deal after all. The one thing I am dead set against, is having to pay extra to let the tickets have no expiration date! I think that is a total crock!! :fork: But, of course, Disney is not doing this so it will be more cost effective for US they are doing it so it is more cost effective for THEM! :lookaroun

I know the refillable mugs have been a sore subject around here, but I DO remember when they were LIFETIME refillable..this just makes me think of that scenario and what will be next. :rolleyes:

crazygirley said:
The price you are referring to at the DS is 215 for a 4 day hopper which at this time has no expiration. If you were to purchase the same ticket with the same options under the new system it would be 235 not including tax. Currently the gate price is about 234 with tax. So really there is not much difference. However, according to the official WDW site and the allears site it looks like only 5-day and higher will be available for advance purchase discounts........but who knows for sure right now. I think Disney is trying to respond to guest feedback and make ticketing more guest friendly while not shooting themselves in the foot.

CTXRover

FamilyMan said:
May this be the end to ANNUAL PASSES???? I see nothing anywhere that says they will continue to sell APs... there is however, a replacement...

A third day free with the purchase of a two-day
That REALLY scares me...

There is NO indication to me that they wouldn't continue to sell APs. The new program is designed more as a replacement to the different Park Hoppers than anything else. Not every Floridian buys an AP or seasonal pass. That is why they offer certain "buy so many days for a price of 2" or whatever it was during the slow season for Floridians in the past. This is the NEW discounted rates for Floridians' who don't have APs. The new program is only for passes up to 7 days.....I really don't see the APs or seasonal passes going away....but I can't say for 100% either....

CTXRover

Trishnh said:
The one thing I am dead set against, is having to pay extra to let the tickets have no expiration date! I think that is a total crock!! :fork:

But in most cases for multi-day tickets, if you're sure you are going to use all the days, don't take the expiration option and the pass will be CHEAPER than the current pass for the same thing but with no expiration.

For everyone, the new system CAN be worked to really benefit you and make your trips cheaper, just be sure to really look into it.

BRWombat

Gail Hayden said:
No, it said that one day tickets purchased on or after 12/2/2004 would expire on 1/18/05. Ticket purchased before that will not expire.

Don't know if this is a typo or another source says different, but according to AllEarsNet.com, "All One Park for One Day Tickets sold beginning December 2, 2004 will expire on January 8 (not 18), 2005.

Nicole

This actually sounds a lot like the passes they sell at DL, which have an expiration date. They still have APs for DL, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think this will just be a lot easier for the reservations people to deal with (have you read the section in the Unofficial Guide that talks about the different kinds of WDW tickets?) and easier for everyone to understand.

I know that when we were "new" to Disney we never managed to park hop. There was just too much to see per park, and we did only one park a day. We didn't want to "waste" time commuting. I know that the Disney computers can track how people's tickets are used, and maybe they found that the majority of guests with "park hopper" tickets weren't doing any hopping.

J

joviacdan

I have an AP, but if you don't and you're going for 7 days, this is an AWESOME deal!!!!

The flat base rate for 7 days is $199. Add on the Magic Premium Plan for an extra $80, and you get a 7 day park hopper, with 5 plus options for $279. What is a 7 day park hopper plus now, like $350?

How can this be seen as a bad deal?

# Days Adult (ages 10 and up) Child (ages 3-9)
1 $59.75 $48.00
2 $119.00 $96.00
3 $171.00 $137.00
4 $185.00 $148.00
5 $193.00 $155.00
6 $196.00 $157.00
7 $199.00 $160.00
10 $209.00 TBA

Simply add $80 for park hopping and plus options - It's GREAT!

CTXRover

maelstrom said:
I think the whole thing is ridiculous. I'm glad I have an AP. I wouldn't buy anything else now.

Why is it ridiculous? From what I understand, you are now given options that ultimately allow you to only pay for what you really want. For folks on a tighter budget, a 5 to 7 day trip to WDW is about to become considerably cheaper, if you don't take all the options. Even if you do take all the options, a 5 to 7 day park hopper with no expiration and water parks added on are, in most cases, cheaper than before. I think its a great way to provide guests with everything they could want. Everyone loves having options. Now you can tailor a Disney vacation to what you want.

Not to mention, it gives WDW a real way to persuade folks to stay at WDW longer. Its all about finding a way to keep folks on Disney property longer, and this accomplishes that while benefitting most guests.

I know I'm going to keep my AP too...But if I was planning that week or so long trip to WDW that only comes once every few years, if ever, the new program is wonderful. Do the comparisons to the current pricing structure and you'll see what I mean. True that single day tickets have rose by A LOT, but really, how many people just buy single day tickets anymore?

CTXRover

Crazygirley,

It looks like several of us all posted at once with the same idea, so sorry for the multiple posts on the same subject. But I wanted to give you an idea of how this new deal COULD benefit you.

You can now buy a 4 day park hopper that never expires fror 215 at the Disney Store, right?. If you think there is ANY possibility that in the future you might use 3 more days sometime, consider waiting until Jan 2nd and buying a 7 day Magic Your Way pass with park hopping and no expiration options. It will cost you $ 289.00 or $74.00 more upfront. I know that isn't petty change, however, this would give you your 4 day Park hopper, PLUS 3 more days at the parks that you can use WHENEVER you want for only $24.67 per extra day! Not a bad deal.

(There is no current 7 day option that doesn't involve also the water parks to compare prices to)

DDuckFan130

Ahhh too much math!!!! :brick: :brick:

We just became seasonal passholders so we're cool for now. But I do plan on taking my best friend on our next trip and the chart seems so user-friendly and it seems like it'll definitely save her some money :D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom