Parent swap changes...

pdude81

This is not about making money. Anyone who has visited recently has observed outrageous numbers of people using the FP line. It needs to be cut down. I have heard of some DAS changes in the works, too.
Was in the standby line at Soarin a couple weeks ago and it moved about as quickly as it did pre-covid. Very different experience than a few months prior

ToTBellHop

Was in the standby line at Soarin a couple weeks ago and it moved about as quickly as it did pre-covid. Very different experience than a few months prior
There are unscrupulous people on Facebook proudly posting about how they are lying and saying their children have a condition to get DAS ride times for parties of 10 or more “because Disney can’t ask you what the condition is!”. I understand that, technically, they are “waiting” in line outside of the line, but in actuality, they are getting a 7DMT DAS and riding Space Mountain while they wait. They are getting a FP even though there’s no FP. This will create a problem with premiere access.

I think it has bad karma written all over it and feel awful for groups with an individual with an actual disability who now will pay for others’ lies. Hell, they are already paying. The Space Mountain FP line was backed up to the building entrance when I visited!

ImperfectPixie

There are unscrupulous people on Facebook proudly posting about how they are lying and saying their children have a condition to get DAS ride times for parties of 10 or more “because Disney can’t ask you what the condition is!”. I understand that, technically, they are “waiting” in line outside of the line, but in actuality, they are getting a 7DMT DAS and riding Space Mountain while they wait.

I think it has bad karma written all over it and feel awful for groups with an individual with an actual disability who now will pay for others’ lies.
They did the same thing when those horrid wagon-strollers were banned...encouraged anyone who used them to lie and say their child has a disability that requires them.

As the mom of 2 special needs boys, it makes me sick that people are willing to do this.

ToTBellHop

They did the same thing when those horrid wagon-strollers were banned...encouraged anyone who used them to lie and say their child has a disability that requires them.

As the mom of 2 special needs boys, it makes me sick that people are willing to do this.
Some people last week were proudly sharing their process for skipping lines with strangers last week. I didn’t want to get into a fight so left it at, “that’s pretty awful” and ignored their glares. I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt since there are many reasons to be in the FP line right now, but when people proudly declare what they did, it is hard to keep my mouth shut.

ImperfectPixie

Some people last week were proudly sharing their process for skipping lines with strangers last week. I didn’t want to get into a fight so left it at, “that’s pretty awful” and ignored their glares. I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt since there are many reasons to be in the FP line right now, but when people proudly declare what they did, it is hard to keep my mouth shut.
This is why I wish the feds would update the laws...the loophole is huge and the only ones who suffer because of it are the ones who need the laws and protections.

disneygeek90

So... dreadfully slow.

That's easily in my top "worst standby lines to wait on" list. Even after the FP merge it takes forever.

seabreezept813

We used RS our last trip and some of us did get to double on rides because we had 3 adults and 1 teen to one baby. But what I actually observed was that we would’ve been better off if RS operated the way it did when my stepdaughter was little, where everyone waited in line and the non riding adult waited at the load platform to switch off. That actually saves time, whereas with the digital RS you are getting back into the FP line, which can take 15-20 mins. I wonder if doing it old school style would end up with less abuse because the people gaming the system might not want to wait in the line to switch off.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So I remember when you got a paper FP, you could come back anytime before park closing to use it. Then they changed it to only 15 minutes later and the internet blew up with complaints. Then with MBs, you could arrive 5 minutes early or up to 15 minutes later. Complaints. Then they changed the DAS. Complaints. Now they are hardening the stance on Rider Swap, and of course, complaints.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Your wait time apparently ends when you get sent to one of the three concourses. From there, it’s only a further 5 to 30 minute wait with unfinished ceilings that even my kids commented on. Magic.
I think, given the airline theme of the preshow announcement, that this is actually a brilliant place making feat of imagineering, simulating the feeling of being in La Guardia for hours and hours while waiting for your delayed flight to arrive.

SingleRider

There are unscrupulous people on Facebook proudly posting about how they are lying and saying their children have a condition to get DAS ride times for parties of 10 or more “because Disney can’t ask you what the condition is!”. I understand that, technically, they are “waiting” in line outside of the line, but in actuality, they are getting a 7DMT DAS and riding Space Mountain while they wait. They are getting a FP even though there’s no FP. This will create a problem with premiere access.

I think it has bad karma written all over it and feel awful for groups with an individual with an actual disability who now will pay for others’ lies. Hell, they are already paying. The Space Mountain FP line was backed up to the building entrance when I visited!

Disney could install scanners at each standby entrance and require everyone to scan in when they enter the line to prevent this. In this instance, scanning at the Space Mountain standby line could invalidate the 7DMT return time, thus preventing riding another attraction while waiting for a DAS time.

DonaldDoleWhip

So I remember when you got a paper FP, you could come back anytime before park closing to use it. Then they changed it to only 15 minutes later and the internet blew up with complaints. Then with MBs, you could arrive 5 minutes early or up to 15 minutes later. Complaints. Then they changed the DAS. Complaints. Now they are hardening the stance on Rider Swap, and of course, complaints.
This is exactly what this discussion reminded me of.

From the inception of FP, it was an open secret that you could come back anytime after your window started. I remember CMs actively telling guests about this. Then the rules changed, which disappointed me while others proclaimed it as setting things right and stopping rampant system abuse.

You know what? In general, once that change was made, evening FP returns became significantly less backed up. The only exceptions that come up are if your designated experience goes down; otherwise, a 15-minute grace period is fine.

This sounds like a great move to me - there's no reason why groups of 5, 6, 7, 8 should get to ride twice because one member of the party isn't tall enough.

While we're at it, I'd love it if Disney took a stand against rampant 'group' line cutters ("catching up with my group"). If you're one person? Okay, maybe. But parties of 2, 3, 4 blazing past most of the queue? No, you're a separate group. Drives me crazy, particularly with single rider.

Disney Glimpses

This is not about making money. Anyone who has visited recently has observed outrageous numbers of people using the FP line. It needs to be cut down. I have heard of some DAS changes in the works, too. The only way this makes money is indirectly by limiting crowds in the FP line so those who ARE paying don’t have to wait long.

However, everyone who is angry here, deep down, knows they were cheating. No one should be getting free re-rides unless only one child in your party is tall enough. I understand the frustration, but nothing unfair is happening.
Wait until paid FP, it's about to get real unfair. Example, Joe pays $10 to ride FOP, does rider swap for Sally who waits with their child. Two for the price of one.

Homer fan

Original Poster
This is not about making money. Anyone who has visited recently has observed outrageous numbers of people using the FP line. It needs to be cut down. I have heard of some DAS changes in the works, too. The only way this makes money is indirectly by limiting crowds in the FP line so those who ARE paying don’t have to wait long.

However, everyone who is angry here, deep down, knows they were cheating. No one should be getting free re-rides unless only one child in your party is tall enough. I understand the frustration, but nothing unfair is happening.
I don't understand how you can say they were cheating? Disney allowed two extra guests with the pass...was I supposed to go on FOP by myself while my two older kids just stand there, when I had a pass to allow them to come on with me and experience the ride again?

Not everything is an abuse, just because you may have not done it.

ToTBellHop

I don't understand how you can say they were cheating? Disney allowed two extra guests with the pass...was I supposed to go on FOP by myself while my two older kids just stand there, when I had a pass to allow them to come on with me and experience the ride again?

Not everything is an abuse, just because you may have not done it.
If a family has two adults, two older kids, and one younger, one older kid should ride with one adult; the other should ride with the other adult. The older kids shouldn’t ride twice. Waiting in line allows everyone to ride once. The only kids who get to double-dip are in families where only one child will ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom