News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Rich T

Really??? Goofy's Sky School better than the Incredicoaster? It's one of the worst attraction that still exist in Disney Parks. Even Primewal Whirl is better (don't get me wrong both are awful but PW is a notch above).
Yes. With Incredicoaster, they ruined and stupid-fied a great rollercoaster. With Goofy's Sky School, they took an ugly-but-fun Wild Mouse coaster and kept it an ugly-but-fun Wild Mouse coaster. Incredicoaster is by far the greater sin. :D

Disney Lover Addie

Really??? Goofy's Sky School better than the Incredicoaster? It's one of the worst attraction that still exist in Disney Parks. Even Primewal Whirl is better (don't get me wrong both are awful but PW is a notch above).

Paradise Pier was always the most problematic part in DCA and Pixar at least adds some character to it (well, the lower part). It is certainly far from perfect but it's better than no change at all. And it also makes sense because Toy Story Mania was already there.

1) Cars Land in DCA: No need for an explanation here
2) The three-tiered expansion in HKDL (Toy Story Land, Mystic Manor, Grizzly Gulch) Made HKDL a noticable Disney Park and upped the park's attendance by 2.5 million.
3) Hollywood Studios expansion (TSL, SW:GE) Ok it's not open yet but it is 99% certain that it will increase the attendance of HS, like Pandora did in AK, and definitely make HS an full-day park.
4) Ratatouille in WDS Paris: Definitely not big but when you consider that the cost for it was $150 million (more expensive than Expedition Everest and the same amount as that ToT) it must be said that it has done a really good job in all perspectives.

Cars Land was one of the factors that saved DCA.

Ismael Flores

That's an idiotic comparison. Walt borrowed money from his life insurance to fund Disneyland. Today they are a billion dollar company that can afford to construct things in a timely manner.

yes and still projects fall behind no matter how much they spend. Construction can be unpredictable and niether you or I know the reasoning for the delay.

To me it seems that they don't need another six months to retheme a carousel or a spinner but maybe the manufacturers of the rethemed parts aesthetics do.

dweezil78

Something about Goofys Sky School having a slightly higher wait time than incredicoaster right now just feels...right

I see Goofy at 45 while Incredicoaster is at 90. Also, one of those has pretty good capacity #s with big trains and the other, well, chugs along with one little coaster car a time.

JohnyKaz2078

Yes. With Incredicoaster, they ruined and stupid-fied a great rollercoaster. With Goofy's Sky School, they took an ugly-but-fun Wild Mouse coaster and kept it an ugly-but-fun Wild Mouse coaster. Incredicoaster is by far the greater sin. :D

So you say that the longest looping coaster in the world is less fun than a wild mouse that can be found in a million amusement parks around the world? I agree that it's far from perfect and the "chase the baby" concept is kinda stupid but overall it's a slight improvement from the old, characterless California Screamin.

Rich T

So you say that the longest looping coaster in the world is less fun than a wild mouse that can be found in a million amusement parks around the world? I agree that it's far from perfect and the "chase the baby" concept is kinda stupid but overall it's a slight improvement from the old, characterless California Screamin.
Okay, if you're going to press me like that... yes, the junked-up California Screamin' is still a better ride than Goofy's Sky School...

But Incredicoaster makes me sad because Screamin' used to be near-perfect. Sky School earns my pity, but it doesn't make me want to tear my hair out. :D
(EDIT) Backpedaling a bit... I do like the plywood chickens on Sky School better than the figures on Incredicoaster. :D
(Double Edit) They should move the Incredibles junk to the Wild Mouse and retheme Screamin' to the coaster Max and Goofy rode in "A Goofy Movie."

TROR

Characterless Big Thunder Mountain > Home on the Range characters on Big Thunder Mountain

Rich T

I didn't mean without any disney characters. I meant that it didn't had any "character" in general. No charm, no theming, nothing. At least now it has.
A good roller coaster doesn't need theming: the ride is enjoyable as its own experience. Like Skydiving. I don't wanna skydive with Jack Jack.
The thing is: Screamin' was a beautiful, fun, nearly-perfect ride. All it needed was a better-looking brake run at the end (and that *still* hasn't been fixed!!!). We'd ride it several times each summer, and my whole family adored it.

Now it's got an obnoxious story line and obnoxious vocals and smells that it didn't need. It was better before, and far more re-ride-able. The person who greenlit this atrocity should never be allowed to make another park-related decision. Ever. :D

Last edited:

October82

The thing is: Screamin' was a beautiful, fun, nearly-perfect ride. All it needed was a better-looking brake run at the end (and that *still* hasn't been fixed!!!). We'd ride it several times each summer, and my whole family adored it.

And a real queue building, along with some more placemaking around it - maybe change the scream tubes to something you might actually see in the 1920s. It wasn't a perfect take on its theme, but for what it was, it was more of a hit than a miss.

Ismael Flores

All it needed was a better-looking brake run at the end (and that *still* hasn't been fixed!!!).

I think this is what bothers me the most, Why couldn't they have fixed the brake run at the end, It would have been the perfect place for a proper enclosed showroom. you have a captive audience with a non or slow moving vehicle there. Also ahte they did not finally use the helix for something.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I thought this was cute.

B8211BA1-BE66-48EE-B7D3-FB584328373C.jpeg

Rich T

I think this is what bothers me the most, Why couldn't they have fixed the brake run at the end, It would have been the perfect place for a proper enclosed showroom. you have a captive audience with a non or slow moving vehicle there. Also ahte they did not finally use the helix for something.
Agree! You stop. You crawl along with nothing to see, then speed up and whip right past a show scene* off to the side with about one second to take it in--just long enough to see that it has less going for it than an Emporium window. THE END. :D

*It kinda looks like a giant grade school shoe box book report diorama. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom