News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Californian Elitist

The Parks Blog has posted the first images of the Edna Mode character who will make appearances on the Pier this summer. While I had hoped for a free-roaming sassy face character who could work the crowd similar Cruella de Ville, it looks like we're getting a rubberhead who is more suited for yet another forgettable queued photo op.
edn0239480293840239fi-624x351.jpg

edn02398402938423-613x919.jpg

The text also included this little morsel:
Just in time for the opening of “Incredibles 2” in theaters on June 15, Edna will be jetting over to greet guests at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort as part of the first-ever Pixar Fest.

Which of course means they already have plans to run this promotion again. I can't wait to see Pixar Fest 2: Electric Boogaloo!

This is an example of some of the things we come across in our nightmares.

Thinking of the child version of myself, this would scare me so much and bring me to tears.

nevol

Hmm anybody else think the first scream tube looked way better with non-IP blue and green neon than it does now? That tube is pitch black. You can't see the static figures as they're too small and you're going too fast, and there's just a few tubes of neon meant to represent lazers overhead...

Rich T

Hmm anybody else think the first scream tube looked way better with non-IP blue and green neon than it does now? That tube is pitch black. You can't see the static figures as they're too small and you're going too fast, and there's just a few tubes of neon meant to represent lazers overhead...
It looked better as California Screamin'. And... just wondering... Now that the tubes are enclosed, are they going to be air conditioned, or are they going to turn into sweltering tunnels of gross on hot summer days?

smile

The Parks Blog has posted the first images of the Edna Mode character who will make appearances on the Pier this summer. While I had hoped for a free-roaming sassy face character who could work the crowd similar Cruella de Ville, it looks like we're getting a rubberhead who is more suited for yet another forgettable queued photo op.

Just in time for the opening of “Incredibles 2” in theaters on June 15, Edna will be jetting over to greet guests at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort as part of the first-ever Pixar Fest.

Which of course means they already have plans to run this promotion again. I can't wait to see Pixar Fest 2: Electric Boogaloo!

other than awkward resemblance, that 'thing' and its act will be utterly devoid of the characteristics one would hope for when meeting that character

Disneylover152

Pork and beans on a hot dog? Yuck? That’s not the typical NY dog is it?

No, I've never seen a hotdog stand do that unless you ask.

Oh I’m definitely going at least once and will try a dog but mostly pizza.

But yea, Bagels and Italian are amazing here. I'm spoiled, I can't have any Italian or bagels within a 90 minute radius of NYC or Chicago.

Ismael Flores

I agree that area needs improvement, and I hope something major's in the works. I do think the Wild Mouse and Spinners are just place-holders for a larger project; they were a quick replacement for the big Splashdown ride that had to go.

I'm still not letting Disney off the hook for keeping Screamin's brake run the ugliest ride section in any Disney park when ANY kind of simple props (surfboards, facades) would have fixed the issue with very little effort. 15 years of ugly!!!!
True, I really don’t understand why they couldnt theme the first section of the track area and launch a bit more. That ugly protection rail could have easily been hidden with more rock formations along the length of the track.

The area before and under The bridge could have also been themed to a cave. They obviously thought about it at one point. They had concept art showing lots of rockwork in both sides of the bridge.

Last edited:

TROR

Are the fountains alongside the launch still being put in? I remember seeing behind the scenes footage of that.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh Disneyland. :confused:

giphy.webp

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom