News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

Yes but the point of a Disney Park is to have rides where the 4 year old kid can have as much as the 32 year old adult. I’m DCA right now, the 32 year old could have fun, but not the 4 year old.

You shouldn’t have to keep yourselfs separated in order to have fun. You should be able to entertain both groups, experiencing the same or similar activities, in a theme park.

How many adults/teens/even young kids had fun in Bugsland? Yes, there should be lots of ways that families can have fun all together in the park, but BugsLand isn't one of them.

Phroobar

How many adults/teens/even young kids had fun in Bugsland? Yes, there should be lots of ways that families can have fun all together in the park, but BugsLand isn't one of them.
How many adults/teens/even young kids had fun in Bugsland Toon Town? Every Disney park is designed with that kind of area. It's become a placeholder for something better someday.

TragicMike

Yes but the point of a Disney Park is to have rides where the 4 year old kid can have as much as the 32 year old adult. I’m DCA right now, the 32 year old could have fun, but not the 4 year old.

You shouldn’t have to keep yourselfs separated in order to have fun. You should be able to entertain both groups, experiencing the same or similar activities, in a theme park.
-Little Mermaid
-Luigi Roadsters
-Mater's Jamboree
-Midway Mania
-Mike and Sully to the Rescue
-Not to mention the Animation Studio, Meet & Greets and the Challenge Trail

There's enough entertainment for children, especially when you consider a four year old is not going to want to spend 12 hours in a theme park. DCA needs some major e-tickets to draw crowds away from DL, that is what Marvel Land should be prioritizing.

Rich T

How many adults/teens/even young kids had fun in Bugsland Toon Town? Every Disney park is designed with that kind of area. It's become a placeholder for something better someday.
Bug's Land has no equivalent of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, unless you count the theater, which I don't. Also, all Toontown's details and Mickey's House are entertaining for classic cartoon fans of all ages. In that regard, I do think Bug's Land is a very pleasant place for all ages to stroll through at night when the bamboo landscaping looks its best.

I gotta agree there's a big difference between Bug's Land and the all-ages Roger-Side of Toontown. The Gadget side is the just-for-tots side.

Ismael Flores

Yeah i think one of the main problems of DCA is that most rides have a division in age/height. There is always half of the family waiting around for the other. Not enough in between attractions that can be ridden by the whole Family together. where it gets even worse is when you have older people with you, unless you go from show to show there really isn't much to do compared to Disneyland

Ismael Flores

for example, Carsland has a great darkride but has a height limit. with all the amount of land that was used for that land, they should have added another indoor dark ride that could have been ridden for the whole family. Instead they added a ride that whips you around and another one that was suppose to spin. how easy would it have been to add a mini autopia intertwined into the same footprint.
Luckily Luigi seems to have balanced of the attraction line up somewhat because it appeals to most everyone and does involve throwing you around. It is to bad though that when they decided to get rid of the tires that they did not just spend a bit more time and use that larg piece of property for an indoor darkride. now they have a ride that doesn't work in the rain and still have the large piece of wasted property behind it where the huge mechanical equipment for the old tire ride sit.

TROR

Was going to post a picture of the new bunting on Main Street for Pixar Fest but it's such garbage it's better off not seen

nevol

Except we need to see... we need to know.

Edit to add:

Found photos on IG... Toy Story colors huh?
darn... bringing a bnch of friends this weekend for the first time. Was trying to avoid pixar fest but people had other scheduling commitments the past few weekends. Trying to go before they butcher pirates but at this point they will have already butchered so much else.

bhodge

Hate to say it, but last week with a 4,3, and 2 year old, the adults and the 12 and 9 yo with them had some pretty good times in Bugs Land. It's about seeing the reactions and their faces as they experience things - especially the 2 year - WITH them. Just because its a "lame" ride to a person over 10, doesn't mean experiencing it with a younger sibling or your kid cant be fun.

Disney Analyst

It's not as bad as it could have been...

TBH I'm only excited for Paint the Night. Other than that, I would be fine if Pixar Fest just wasn't happening during my trip.

Can't wait for Paint the Night. The new float looks, dare I say... incredible. Can't wait for it to debut in June. I am interested to see if the additions to Pixar Play will make the parade more well rounded and complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom