News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

truecoat

Because there are political agendas in EVERYTHING. I don't need Hollywood to tell me how to think or feel. And the longer they try to do just that, the less I care about participating. Hollywood is full of people that all think exactly the same. They're so desperate to get their message across they don't even care about reality. They just want to label anyone who doesn't think just like them as bad, horrible people that don't deserve to even be heard.

The women/men issue is just one example.
Now I will still see this movie. And I'm sure it will be enjoyable to some degree. But to say there isn't a political agenda in just about every movie/TV show/commercial that exists anymore is not true. And it makes my enjoyment of them much less. I mean this is what they come up with for Incredibles 2? Political agenda aside, how many times has this been done already? Can they think of nothing else?

Maybe Brad Bird really liked Mr. Mom and wanted to make a superhero version of that.

Californian Elitist

The problem with these "in-park surveys" are that they essentially just ask "do you want Marvel in the park?" and people say yeah so they destroy Tower of Terror. If they were to ask "do you want a new attraction on the scale of Pirates of the Caribbean themed to the wild west?" most people would say yes to that, too, I'd wager.

*ding* *ding* *ding* Exactly. Disney knows that they’re doing. They’re purposefully asking specific questions that will lead to their favor, which is more IP-based attractions. If they’d propose more original concepts, people would most likely say they’d like those, too.

180º

*ding* *ding* *ding* Exactly. Disney knows that they’re doing. They’re purposefully asking specific questions that will lead to their favor, which is more IP-based attractions. If they’d propose more original concepts, people would most likely say they’d like those, too.
I certainly hope Guest Satisfaction statitistics aren’t determined how I fear they are. No, I know they aren’t.

But sometimes I wonder...and FEAR.

I rope dropped M:B on opening day eager to give it a chance. I mildly enjoyed it, but there was plenty I didn’t like about it. At the exit, a couple of higher-level Disney employees stood by with grins on their faces and piercing stares. They asked each person, “Did you like it?!?!” while offering a thumbs-up. I didn’t want to be impolite, so I reluctantly gave a thumbs up. They cheered.

Now I wonder if I inadvertently doomed Universe of Energy.

D

Deleted member 107043

I certainly hope Guest Satisfaction statitistics aren’t determined how I fear they are. No, I know they aren’t.

I rope dropped M:B on opening day eager to give it a chance. I mildly enjoyed it, but there was plenty I didn’t like about it. At the exit, a couple of higher-level Disney employees stood by with grins on their faces and piercing stares. They asked each person, “Did you like it?!?!” while offering a thumbs-up. I didn’t want to be impolite, so I reluctantly gave a thumbs up. They cheered.

Literally the only way to show Disney your dissatisfaction is stop buying admission tickets. Every person who repeatedly visits on a purchased ticket or pass is signaling to Disney that they approve their business decisions.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Because there are political agendas in EVERYTHING. I don't need Hollywood to tell me how to think or feel. And the longer they try to do just that, the less I care about participating. Hollywood is full of people that all think exactly the same. They're so desperate to get their message across they don't even care about reality. They just want to label anyone who doesn't think just like them as bad, horrible people that don't deserve to even be heard.

The women/men issue is just one example.
Now I will still see this movie. And I'm sure it will be enjoyable to some degree. But to say there isn't a political agenda in just about every movie/TV show/commercial that exists anymore is not true. And it makes my enjoyment of them much less. I mean this is what they come up with for Incredibles 2? Political agenda aside, how many times has this been done already? Can they think of nothing else?

Sorry to say but there has been political or business related agendas in Hollywood since the beginning. From product placements to monologues, this is not new. Hollywood has been trying to tell you how to think and feel since the beginning. Its up to you whether you listen or not.

And as for how many times has this been done? Here is a quote from Mark Twain that is relevant:

“There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.”

Mark Twain

My suggestion, go into any movie and just enjoy it for what it is, entertainment.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

The Incredibles 2 trailer is finally here

Color me...mildly interested?
giphy.gif

Nextinline

When Ariel's Undersea Adventure opened I took a post-ride survey. I don't remember the exact questions that they asked, but I remember telling them that I didn't like the CGI looking Ariel in the animated scenes, nor did I think the ice cream cone hair was working in the Under the Sea room (even though I get what they were going for) and eventually both were changed. Needless to say I was stunned. It probably took an army of people complaining to make it happen, but can't argue with results!

TROR

For me, personally, the reason "Mrs Incredible goes off and fights crime while Bob stays home with the kids" is such a terrible plot isn't because of a forced political agenda that may or not be there, it's just a terribly boring plot. I want to see the family fight crime together, not a highlight of Elastigirl. Let's be honest here, Pixar sequels that shift the focus from the main character to a side character (Cars 2, Monsters University, and Finding Dory) have been significantly lower in quality than the original.

DarkMetroid567

For me, personally, the reason "Mrs Incredible goes off and fights crime while Bob stays home with the kids" is such a terrible plot isn't because of a forced political agenda that may or not be there, it's just a terribly boring plot. I want to see the family fight crime together, not a highlight of Elastigirl. Let's be honest here, Pixar sequels that shift the focus from the main character to a side character (Cars 2, Monsters University, and Finding Dory) have been significantly lower in quality than the original.

I'm with you. It's less about whining about a forced political agenda and more because we've pretty clearly seen this before.

My hope? Pixar just really doesn't wanna give away the actual plot. Bob Odenkirk's character has a clear purpose to the story (along with his choice of Elastigirl over Mr. Incredible, and not both) and Pixar trailers in the past have been notoriously obtuse.

Phroobar

Didn't you get the memo? Men are stupid, incompetent nincompoops. The world would be much better run by women. That is why all of our movie heroes are being replaced with 'strong' feminist women.

mickEblu

Literally the only way to show Disney your dissatisfaction is stop buying admission tickets. Every person who repeatedly visits on a purchased ticket or pass is signaling to Disney that they approve their business decisions.

But that doesn’t really tell the whole story. It’s tells them nothing on if the direction they are going is good. If someone isn’t happy with Pixar Pier but enjoys the other 90%.... POTC, HM, BTM, Indy, Soarin etc. why would that person not continue to buy passes/ tickets? Enough Pixar Piers and MB overlays later that might happen though. What they need to do is ask Better questions and not frame them in a way to get the answer they want to hear.

Besides, couldn’t they hear the crickets at D23 when they announced Pixar Pier?

Last edited:

Phroobar

But that doesn’t really tell the whole story. It’s tells them nothing on if the direction they are going is good. If someone isn’t happy with Pixar Pier but enjoys the other 90%.... POTC, HM, BTM, Indy, Soarin etc. why would that person not continue to go to buy passes/ tickets? Enough Pixar Piers and MB overlays later that might happen though.

There was literately boos when MB was presented at D23. Still the ride is even more popular than it has ever been.

EPCOTCenterLover

SO... let's reverse this. Mrs. Incredible is the buffoon, and Mr. Incredible the wise hardworking one. How offensive, right? Yet, we've moved to the total reverse of the television shows and movies of the 50s and 60s when Father Knows Best and mom needed to be enlightened and given his wisdom. It's time to turn a corner and tell a story with a balanced viewpoint. The real truth? Female AND Male characters can be wise, loving, hard working, and focused in the family system. Of course, Hollywood has an agenda- moving everyone to a selfish lifestyle- which in the nth degree results in anarchy. Also, TROR is right- the plot line is very tired and overused.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

SO... let's reverse this. Mrs. Incredible is the buffoon, and Mr. Incredible the wise hardworking one. How offensive, right? Yet, we've moved to the total reverse of the television shows and movies of the 50s and 60s when Father Knows Best and mom needed to be enlightened and given his wisdom. It's time to turn a corner and tell a story with a balanced viewpoint. The real truth? Female AND Male characters can be wise, loving, hard working, and focused in the family system. Of course, Hollywood has an agenda- moving everyone to a selfish lifestyle- which in the nth degree results in anarchy. Also, TROR is right- the plot line is very tired and overused.
My question is why does one of them have to be a buffoon? Why is Hollywood so afraid of showing two, strong parents?

how do we know that ISN"T what's happening in this film? The trailer seems to indicate Elastigirl was chosen specifically for whatever adventure. They didn't ask for Mr. Incredible. So he HAS to stay home, so she can do her thing. But maybe things to go well for her, so he and friends have to come to her aid. That's a co-parenting. A couple working together.

D

Deleted member 107043

But that doesn’t really tell the whole story. It’s tells them nothing on if the direction they are going is good. If someone isn’t happy with Pixar Pier but enjoys the other 90%.... POTC, HM, BTM, Indy, Soarin etc. why would that person not continue to buy passes/ tickets? Enough Pixar Piers and MB overlays later that might happen though.

I guess that's my point - the complaining about the direction Disney is going here may be overstated. In other words, the issue isn't so severe as to cause enough fans to call it quits. In fact, it's the opposite: more people are going to Disneyland than ever, so the good is far outweighing the bad, at least in the eyes of its core customers.

What they need to do is ask Better questions and not frame them in a way to get the answer they want to hear.

I would buy this if attendance and guest spending began to trend down, however, if the responses are indeed guiding the company's actions then they should probably continue the strategy because people are responding positively by coming back again and again.

Corporations and brands are not dumb. They heard the crickets and boos knowing with confidence that DCA will be packed this summer because their customers can't break their addiction.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I would buy this if attendance and guest spending began to trend down, however, if the responses are indeed guiding the company's actions then they should probably continue the strategy because people are responding positively by coming back again and again.
I think what you also have is a corporation who has a mandate to do X, and so they tailor guest surveys to ensure that X is looked at as the favorable course of action. Personally, I don't think Disney has the guts to actually guest survey whether people would want original attractions anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom