News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TROR

Yep, that's a tube alright. I wonder what's going to be in this initial one? Probably just projections. I also just realized that the coaster vehicles are probably going to play dialogue as well as music during the ride. Can Disney pull this off?
To answer your question: No.

What I'd like to see in this tube, and all the tubes truthfully, is a laser show like that of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It can be considered a throwback to the park's opening year and would really add something for the guests doing the pot.

Curious Constance

I imagine the first loop will be the stretched Mrs Incredible they've been showing. Whether that's an actual physical object or a projection, I don't know, but I'm going to guess a real object.

vancee

We got into it because you were like, "so what? what could possibly go wrong?!" with Mission: Breakout and I freaked out and said that you were allowing Disney to get away with mediocrity. But now I adore you, and everyone else here. Really humorous bunch and I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we had a meetup at the parks. Would all of our forum personas play out? would we all be in endless conversations with ourselves, talking over one another, never fully hearing anything that anybody else is saying? LOL
There would be a fist fight between those who like Pixar Pier and those who absolutely hate it.

NobodyElse

The 5th photo :eek:

1518627467923.png

Professortango1

That would be strange, if they had a legal issue wouldn’t you think that they would not add it to other places like the ones in the concept art for Pixar Pier. Also wouldn’t it also be a legal issue being used as a studio icon?

Would be interesting to know the real reason but I’m guessing cost and TDO not wanting to maintain something that didn’t make them money
OR maybe it was a placed in an area that’s guests didn’t notice and/or just created traffic so close to that parks most popular ride and TDO didn't want the crowding

They did settle. My guess is Disney agreed to stop making real world physical versions of Luxo Jr, but could still use him in image or representational form. Nothing to do with the Animatronic nor Disney not wanting it. They had to play nice so the Pixar icon could remain so.

https://www.inverse.com/article/19873-disney-pixar-luxo-jr-lamp-lawsuit

Curious Constance

Can't people go to the movies anymore to JUST be entertained? Why do we have to SEE political agendas in everything?

Sometimes a scene is just funny or dramatic or whatever and doesn't need to be analyzed as to what the writers/directors political agenda was.

But I digress.

Because there are political agendas in EVERYTHING. I don't need Hollywood to tell me how to think or feel. And the longer they try to do just that, the less I care about participating. Hollywood is full of people that all think exactly the same. They're so desperate to get their message across they don't even care about reality. They just want to label anyone who doesn't think just like them as bad, horrible people that don't deserve to even be heard.

The women/men issue is just one example.
Now I will still see this movie. And I'm sure it will be enjoyable to some degree. But to say there isn't a political agenda in just about every movie/TV show/commercial that exists anymore is not true. And it makes my enjoyment of them much less. I mean this is what they come up with for Incredibles 2? Political agenda aside, how many times has this been done already? Can they think of nothing else?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom