News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Well I think they'd want it done before the 75th in 2030. Either way I think its coming. Time tends to fly by pretty quick, so it'll be here before you realize it. I mean look 2017 has flown by, 2018 will soon be here. And then 2019 with SW:GE will take up all the news cycles and forum posts lol.

I agree there haha. Time flies. I didn't realize 2030 would be the 75th. Wouldn't that be the perfect year to open the new TL?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree there haha. Time flies. I didn't realize 2030 would be the 75th. Wouldn't that be the perfect year to open the new TL?

I would think they wouldn't want to introduce a revamped land during a year that is already expected to be packed to the gills. I mean just look at the 60th and they didn't really introduce much, what a new parade and fireworks and a couple enhancements to FL attractions.

mickEblu

I would think they wouldn't want to introduce a revamped land during a year that is already expected to be packed to the gills. I mean just look at the 60th and they didn't really introduce much, what a new parade and fireworks and a couple enhancements to FL attractions.

I think THEY have no problem with it. Lol. More like WE do.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think THEY have no problem with it. Lol. More like WE do.

Granted... However 2015 was a smash hit attendance wise because of the 60th. 2016 attendance dropped with nothing new to anchor the guests. My point is they would likely want to introduce a new land (SE:GE) or a revamped land (FL/TT and TL) on non-major anniversary years to boost that attendance to anniversary year levels.

mickEblu

Granted... However 2015 was a smash hit attendance wise because of the 60th. 2016 attendance dropped with nothing new to anchor the guests. My point is they would likely want to introduce a new land (SE:GE) or a revamped land (FL/TT and TL) on non-major anniversary years to boost that attendance to anniversary year levels.

Ahhh I see. Makes sense. But what if they only promoted the new TL for the 75th with none of the other hoopla? Doubt there wouldn't be all sorts of new entertainment though. 75 is a big one.

Disneylover152

Going to DLR for the first time in June 2018.
Any ideas if Pixar Pier will be fully open?

Thanks and have a Disney Day!!!

Nope. My guess is that the physical pier (Street entertainment, restaurants, shops and TSM) will be open for Pixar Fest on April 13. The Incredicoaster, new carousel. and the Pixar Fun Wheel for Memorial Day Weekend, and the Inside Out Ride for the holidays.

TJK5

Nope. My guess is that the physical pier (Street entertainment, restaurants, shops and TSM) will be open for Pixar Fest on April 13. The Incredicoaster, new carousel. and the Pixar Fun Wheel for Memorial Day Weekend, and the Inside Out Ride for the holidays.
Thanks for your insight.

No Name

I find it funny that BLAB was built in DL a mere three years before TSMM. So the ride opened and shortly after someone said "Heh Heh. Now build a better one. Heh heh." But my biggest takeaway is, they understood that the theme of a ride is in its content, not the name of its franchise. The theme of both rides is not Toy Story. No, in fact, they have very different themes, which is why they're in two completely different lands.

If only a decade ago the company was able to understand that, did something happen since? That's an awful short time for them to plunge.

Anyway, apparently there are no plans for the ride to be replaced on the other coast, even though it won't be in Toy Story Land. And they built a Buzz ride in Tomorrowland in Shanghai, even though they had TSL in the plans. So maybe someone understands. Although, Hong Kong's is indeed being replaced. Now I give up.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

I find it funny that BLAB was built in DL a mere three years before TSMM. So the ride opened and shortly after someone said "Heh Heh. Now build a better one. Heh heh." But my biggest takeaway is that they understood that the theme of a ride is in its content, not the name of its franchise. The theme of both rides is not Toy Story. No, in fact, they have very different themes, which is why they're in two completely different lands.

If only a decade ago the company was able to understand that, did something happen since? That's an awful short time for them to plunge.

Anyway, apparently there are no plans for the ride to be replaced on the other coast, even though it won't be in Toy Story Land. And they built one in Tomorrowland in Shanghai, even though their TSL was in the plans all along. So maybe someone understands.
BLAB is that new!? I remember riding it in my pre teen years. I remember liking it enough to buy a lot of merch from it, some of it I still have. Man I feel old.

No Name

BLAB is that new!? I remember riding it in my pre teen years. I remember liking it enough to buy a lot of merch from it, some of it I still have. Man I feel old.

Well, it opened in 1998 in MK, maybe you rode it there?

Fun fact... it is the most "cloned" dark ride in Disney history (even though the versions differ).
Fun fact #2... the most cloned ride at any park is Six Flags's Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. Another shooting ride. They're clearly popular.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Well, it opened in 1998 in MK, maybe you rode it there?
Nope disneyland first. I also rode honey I shrunk the audience the same day. That was...traumatic.
edit:
. being born in california helped
. hista wasn't nearly as traumatic as backdraft at universal hollywood however in the trauma ride scale.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ahhh I see. Makes sense. But what if they only promoted the new TL for the 75th with none of the other hoopla? Doubt there wouldn't be all sorts of new entertainment though. 75 is a big one.

Well lets use the 50th for comparison. The 50th was the Happiest Homecoming on Earth... It lasted 18 months and included a new fireworks show and was celebrated at all parks around world. Attendance was 14.5 Million, an 8.5% increase over the year prior.

And speaking of Buzz, it opened in TL in 2005 with the 50th. Other than that and a few refurbs including SM and a new fireworks show, not much else was introduced.

So the 75th while a "major" milestone, I expect it to be just about the anniversary and not about a new/updated land. Although I could be wrong, it has happened in the past lol....

Ismael Flores

Nope disneyland first. I also rode honey I shrunk the audience the same day. That was...traumatic.
edit:
. being born in california helped
. hista wasn't nearly as traumatic as backdraft at universal hollywood however in the trauma ride scale.
BLAB in Disneyland opened for the 50th anniversary if I remember correctly

TwilightZone

BLAB in Disneyland opened for the 50th anniversary if I remember correctly
I don't think I was there for the 50th, but perhaps the year after or so. I was quite young at the time so I can't fully remember. Just remember having great fun on buzz and loving how close we were to him in the line.

SuddenStorm

I'll miss Buzz far more than the subs but it is definitely showing it's age. Boy the subs and autopia take up far to much space for being two of the worst rides in the park.

I love the history those rides contain, but with the new Honda Trashimo additions to the Autopia, I vowed not to ride it again until a new sponsor takes over. I also think the subs could use another update, the Nemo theme doesn't appeal to me beyond the two seagulls in the lagoon.

JD2000

I'd prefer to see all of Paradise Pier demolished and something of Disneyland caliber built in it's place; but the first concept art actually looked pretty neat and detailed, yet unnecessary, other than to really finish the area this go around, but the new concept art has me worried that the budget was gutted and it will more than less just be a change of paint color and/or only some minor physical changes (similar to what the pier shops, hollywoodland, etc received). Anyone else feel the same way?

Jedi Stitch

Not sure what you mean. Other than Midway Mania nothing is currently Pixar.
Huh...Midway Mania, Cars land, Monsters Inc, A bugs Land, Turtle talk with crush, and Condor flats has a Planes Retheaming for the most part. IDK, two lands and pretty every area has a Pixar IP in it, so Yah, it would not be stretch. But hey, that is just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom