News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

I think you may underestimate the "internet court of justice". Word will get around.

I doubt it really. If the movie is good, people will go see it. Do the other 5,000 people who worked on the movie not count? Now if Lasetter were a live actor in a movie and it comes out that he committed more than aggressive hugging I could see how that could make a dent. To most he’s some guy behind the scenes, if they know who he is at all. Besides, why punish the very people he supposedly committed these acts against by boycotting the movie?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I doubt it really. If the movie is good, people will go see it. Do the other 5,000 people who worked on the movie not count? Now if Lasetter were a live actor in a movie and it comes out that he committed more than aggressive hugging I could see how that could make a dent. To most he’s some guy behind the scenes, if they know who he is at all. Besides, why punish the very people he supposedly committed these acts against by boycotting the movie?
He's accused of more than aggressive hugging, that is just what he apologized for.

Rich T

CNN and most other news media are headlining Lasseter as a "Disney Executive." I can't imagine a world in which any significant number of people stop going to Disney parks or viewing Disney films because of the stupid and inappropriate actions of one executive.

Man. What a week.

TwilightZone

CNN and most other news media are headlining Lasseter as a "Disney Executive." I can't imagine a world in which any significant number of people stop going to Disney parks or viewing Disney films because of the stupid and inappropriate actions of one executive.

Man. What a week.
hey, less lines for us uber fans.

No Name

John Lasseter is not some widely-known face of Pixar like good friend Steve Jobs was of Apple. I think few really know and fewer really care what exactly Pixar is, much less who founded it. Sorry John! Obviously with Bob Iger being a studio supremacist, he overestimates the value, not unlike we overestimate some value of the parks. Enough to cancel Pixar Pier, I don't think so.

If only the timing was different...

GiveMeTheMusic

I imagine it's bad everywhere in Disney.

Disney as a whole is a toxic nightmare, an example of the worst mores of American corporate culture run amuck.

Not surprised they covered Lasseter’s tracks for years, no doubt paying out to victims to try to keep them quiet along the way. And instead of doing anything to protect their Cast Members, they let John feel ‘em up, get drunk off his at press events and take expense account trips to strip joints.

TP2000

Disney as a whole is a toxic nightmare, an example of the worst mores of American corporate culture run amuck.

Not surprised they covered Lasseter’s tracks for years, no doubt paying out to victims to try to keep them quiet along the way. And instead of doing anything to protect their Cast Members, they let John feel ‘em up, get drunk off his *** at press events and take expense account trips to strip joints.

A quick Google search tells me that Disney's top HR chief is a woman named Jayne Parker. She's been the Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer (what a title!) since 2009. https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/leaders/jayne-parker/

If she allowed a corporate culture where senior execs like John Lasseter were allowed to grope women and engage in drunken public behavior of various ills for years if not decades, she has some explaining to do.

And this slurred and weird performance just got even more embarrassing than it was last summer...

Rich T

Sad to hear that. Might be time for me to find a new interest.
For quite a while now, I've been slowly accepting the fact that "my" Disney is gone and never coming back. Yet, the great stuff that's already been created is still great. That's what I'm a fan of now, not the company itself. Things like classic animation, the best of the new Disney/Pixar films, great rides, decades of GREAT music and the optimism of old "New" Tomorrowland sit alongside the best of Nintendo, Studio Ghibli, the BBC, great old films from every studio and the one franchise at Dreamworks that doesn't suck (it's got dragons and vikings) in my mind as one big category of "life-affirming awesomeness."

The last time I felt any real pride toward the company itself was when Cars Land and Buena Vista Street opened. Maybe Zootopia.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Not surprised they covered Lasseter’s tracks for years, no doubt paying out to victims to try to keep them quiet along the way. And instead of doing anything to protect their Cast Members, they let John feel ‘em up, get drunk off his *** at press events and take expense account trips to strip joints.
WDAS employees are being told they'll get more information next week. But I agree with you that things are a mess. It's not encouraging when you talk to people recently and hear "WDI is a mess" and "When I asked people what's going on, they just shake their heads"
Those of course are unrelated disparaging comments, but reflect more on Disney in general.

That said, I'm not ready to abandon ship just yet.

SSG

Moving from JL's perviness, this just filed permit gives a bit of insight in the planned changes to Ariels Grotto

Received BLD2017-05253 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1616 S DISNEYLAND DR 501 (Ariels Grotto) DCA - Paradise Pier - Building 501 - Non Residential Addition: 192 s.ft new private dinning room. Gazebo 1,169 s.ft, dock canopy 1,758, south canopy 405 s.ft for existing outdoor dinning. Interior improvements lower lever 7,092, upper level 560 s.ft. and facade renovation 1,200.

Ismael Flores

I Wish they would enclose the lower outside eating area. I hadn’t eaten there but had to because that was The only place the had reservations open.
I was pleasantly surprised on the lobster and tri tip plate. The problem was that the outside seating area felt dirty and sleepy and gave the wrong vibe. The small Indoor area seemed loud and cramped.
They should just make the majority of the downstairs one large indoor seating with only a small outcropping outdoor if necessary.
Even if they Extend the upper cove bar sitting area over the existing lower floor outdoor sitting area and then added arched walls facing water. Include a small one person walkway around the structure to allow custodial CM to clean windows in morning in case the hot wet from WOC.

It would solve the issue with the cove bar wait queue by doing more tables and would beautify the lower dining area to fit with the high prices

Last edited:

disneylandcm

I Wish they would enclose the lower outside eating area. I hadn’t eaten there but had to because that was Thebes only place the had reservations open.
I was pleasantly surprised on the lobster and tri tip plate. The problem was that the outside seating area felt dirty and sleepy and gave the wrong vibe. The small Indoor area seemed loud and cramped.
They should just make the majority of the downstairs one large indoor seating with only a small outcropping outdoor if necessary.
Even if they Extend the upper cove bar sitting area over the existing lower floor outdoor sitting area and then added arched walls facing water. Include a small one person walkway around the structure to allow custodial CM to clean windows in morning in case the hot wet from WOC.

It would solve the issue with the cove bar wait queue by doing more tables and would beautify the lower dining area to fit with the high prices
Oh my! I didn’t even know that an ancient Egyptian City was even an option for full service dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom