News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Antaundra

I'd prefer to see all of Paradise Pier demolished and something of Disneyland caliber built in it's place; but the first concept art actually looked pretty neat and detailed, yet unnecessary, other than to really finish the area this go around, but the new concept art has me worried that the budget was gutted and it will more than less just be a change of paint color and/or only some minor physical changes (similar to what the pier shops, hollywoodland, etc received). Anyone else feel the same way?
I pretty much feel exactly the same way.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

g600616996.gif

Another article....
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...uct-detailed-by-disney-pixar-insiders-1059594

TROR

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I always thought as an executive at a Fortune 500 company he came across as annoying and slightly creepy. Maybe those loud shirts were a hint at his douchebaggery.
As someone who wears the occasional "loud" shirt, I take mild offense!!
It's not the shirt itself...its what's underneath that...wait...I don't think that statement works in this case :)

TROR

Really? Whatever he did wasn’t even bad enough for Disney to can him. I don’t think this will have any effect on Coco at all. Most folks don’t have a clue who Lasetter is or care.
John Lasseter is a pretty household name, I've always thought. Even if he isn't, all of the stories pretty clearly say who he is and people who know the story will know who he is. The fact Disney didn't can him seems to only be because Lasseter willingly took a step back to focus on his problem which, honestly, should be honored. Anyone who is willing to look in the mirror and try to make changes, and even admit without any public allegations, deserves a second chance.

mickEblu

John Lasseter is a pretty household name, I've always thought. Even if he isn't, all of the stories pretty clearly say who he is and people who know the story will know who he is. The fact Disney didn't can him seems to only be because Lasseter willingly took a step back to focus on his problem which, honestly, should be honored. Anyone who is willing to look in the mirror and try to make changes, and even admit without any public allegations, deserves a second chance.

Maybe he just really wanted some time off? Lol

Rich T

...then hoo boy there goes pixar.
No. That's like saying Marvel Comics would be dead as a franchise if Stan Lee were accused of something like that (and thank goodness he hasn't been). Good art is greater than bad behavior, and most people can separate the two. This is a really disheartening development for Pixar, but their films and characters will live on.

Look at Bill Clinton. The public can be very forgiving if they see enough there to save.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom