News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

disneylandcm

I think eventually Paradise Park will be absorbed into Pixar Pier and Goofys will be knocked down and they'll put the entrance to a dark ride in its place that will lead to the showbuilding somewhere backstage.
Unfortunately there is no room behind Goofy’s for a show building.

Ismael Flores

well there is the original super large Parade building that runs behind Screamin. They could easily in the future add an indoor ride there.

As for screamin and the change, I'm looking forward to see what they have up there sleeves to add effects to the coaster. The Press release supposedly talks about new effects and character encounters which could be the reason for the tubes being enclosed.

I wish they had taken it a step further and enclosed the section from loading to Launch. It would have made for an interesting show scene. Even the whole launch could have been mostly enclosed and just themed with rockwork. giving the coaster and even more intense launch section with possible lighting and projections

mickEblu

well there is the original super large Parade building that runs behind Screamin. They could easily in the future add an indoor ride there.

As for screamin and the change, I'm looking forward to see what they have up there sleeves to add effects to the coaster. The Press release supposedly talks about new effects and character encounters which could be the reason for the tubes being enclosed.

I wish they had taken it a step further and enclosed the section from loading to Launch. It would have made for an interesting show scene. Even the whole launch could have been mostly enclosed and just themed with rockwork. giving the coaster and even more intense launch section with possible lighting and projections

They did enclsose the end though. Maybe an impressive AA or two before we deboard?

alias8703

This. There is a TON of room behind screamin where they could honestly fit 2 large E tickets. Imagine they put an actual Inside Out dark ride back behind the Inside Out spinner! And a Wall-E dark ride through space <3
I'm also excited to see exactly what the character encounters means and am hoping for some on ride effects in those tunnels. And I certainly agree about the beginning being enclosed. At least up until the bridge before the launch.

They did enclose the end though. Maybe an impressive AA or two before we deboard?

If that happens Pixar Pier as a whole is totally worth it. (I'm looking forward to it anyway.)

britain

I do suppose one could think of it this way:

Exec: "Single IP lands are what the public wants! A whole Cars LAND, a whole Star Wars LAND! A whole Marvel LAND!"
WDI: "So, at this rate, how long do you suppose we have before all available land is used up? Not in years, but in IP?"
Exec: "Well... Hmmm... Yeah, we don't want to blow through all our land on just five or six IP. We've got more and more IP coming down the pipeline. What if the next Frozen is right around the corner?"
WDI: "Exactly, that's why lands should have a theme designed to accommodate a range of properties."
Exec: "You're quite right. Very well then... In the past 16 years since it's opened, none of our studios have created any IP that takes place at a pier, or an amusement park, I declare Paradise Pier useless. So make it a catch-all Pixar land, just like you suggested."
WDI: Face palm

Last edited:

The_Bellringer

Meh, World of Color is the only thing I like about Paradise Pier. And Mickeys fun wheel. Yeah it's themed after a boardwalk, but it comes across like a weird, sterile, plastic copy of, say, the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.

Maybe it's too clean? Lmao.

The_Bellringer

Since they're making an effort to change everything else, perhaps we will get a fresh take on World of Color as well.
It seems due for a refurb. I was there last month and it was AMAZING but there is definitely a noticeable amount of fountains that are not working or lit compared to when I saw it a few years ago.

mickEblu

So what effect do we think Pixar Pier will have on Buzz and Nemo at DL? I think the long term plan is probably to move all Pixar to DCA (odd I know with the whole Pixar fest going on this year).... but Nemo and Buzz will probably stick around until TL gets renovated and who knows when that will be. However, due to how expensive it is to maintain, I could see Nemo getting shut down even before a TL renovation.

At DCA the writing is pretty much on the wall for Bugs Land. Less so for Monsters. I noticed that the new blog didn't mention Turtle Talk being moved to the Pier??

alias8703

So what effect do we think Pixar Pier will have on Buzz and Nemo at DL? I think the long term plan is probably to move all Pixar to DCA (odd I know with the whole Pixar fest going on this year).... but Nemo and Buzz will probably stick around until TL gets renovated and who knows when that will be. However, due to how expensive it is to maintain, I could see Nemo getting shut down even before a TL renovation.

At DCA the writing is pretty much on the wall for Bugs Land. Less so for Monsters. I noticed that the new blog didn't mention Turtle Talk being moved to the Pier??

I'll miss Buzz far more than the subs but it is definitely showing it's age. Boy the subs and autopia take up far to much space for being two of the worst rides in the park.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

One has to think, or at least believe, that once SW:GE is finished they will tackle TL and that question will be answered. So in a short year and a half at the 2019 D23 we could be hearing the first rumblings of a TL redo with a brilliant 20 year in the making plan.

mickEblu

One has to think, or at least believe, that once SW:GE is finished they will tackle TL and that question will be answered. So in a short year and a half at the 2019 D23 we could be hearing the first rumblings of a TL redo with a brilliant 20 year in the making plan.

Hmmm I don't think so. All rumors point to FL/ Toontown being tackled first. Haha @ 20 years.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hmmm I don't think so. All rumors point to FL/ Toontown being tackled first. Haha @ 20 years.
I didn't say they would announce actual plans and construction start dates. I said we'd start to hear rumblings. Just like this year we heard the first official rumblings of Marvel Land but no actual plans or construction start dates.

So if FL/TT project is first, we'd likely have plans in 2019 (maybe even D23) with construction starting in late 2019/early 2020. Then TL shortly after that with maybe the official announcement at D23 2021. Still not very far away.

BTW, I fully expect 2019 D23 to be all about DLR....

mickEblu

I didn't say they would announce actual plans and construction start dates. I said we'd start to hear rumblings. Just like this year we heard the first official rumblings of Marvel Land but no actual plans or construction start dates.

So if FL/TT project is first, we'd likely have plans in 2019 (maybe even D23) with construction starting in late 2019/early 2020. Then TL shortly after that with maybe the official announcement at D23 2021. Still not very far away.

BTW, I fully expect 2019 D23 to be all about DLR....

I don't think the rumblings, even if we hear any about TL in 2019 (which I doubt) will make much clear about TLs future. I think 2019 will be all about the new hotel, Marvel land and The new Mickey ride and /or FL expansion. I don't think we'll hear any TL rumblings until 2021/2023 at the earliest and maybe an official announcement in 2025. This is all just based off rumors and how I've seen Disney operate in the last decade or so. Not to mention the fact that that Disney doesn't view TL has having any issues. I think the biggest catalyst would be the capacity boost that can come from whatever they build where Autopia and the subs are. With that said, they don't necessarily have to close TL to develop those areas.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't think the rumblings, even if we hear any about TL in 2019 (which I doubt) will make much clear about TLs future. I think 2019 will be all about the new hotel, Marvel land and The new Mickey ride and /or FL expansion. I don't think we'll hear any TL rumblings until 2021/2023 at the earliest and maybe an official announcement in 2025. This is all just based off rumors and how I've seen Disney operate in the last decade or so.

Well no matter your timeline or mine, we are within 6-8 years away from getting a potential redo of TL. I would say that is a positive sign from an area that has been left in an incomplete dis-conjoined state for the last 20+ years (some would say longer).

mickEblu

Well no matter your timeline or mine, we are within 6-8 years away from getting a potential redo of TL. I would say that is a positive sign from an area that has been left in an incomplete dis-conjoined state or for the last 20+ years.

I think 2028 -2030 is the earliest we would see a new TL. So that's 10-12 years on my timeline. But ya a new TL would be amazing and I hope your timeline is right.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think 2028 -2030 is the earliest we would see a new TL. So that's 10-12 years on my timeline. But ya a new TL would be amazing and I hope your timeline is right.

Well I think they'd want it done before the 75th in 2030. Either way I think its coming. Time tends to fly by pretty quick, so it'll be here before you realize it. I mean look 2017 has flown by, 2018 will soon be here. And then 2019 with SW:GE will take up all the news cycles and forum posts lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom