News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

FigmentForver96

You guys act like Pixar Pier is going to ruin Disney and make them lose money... it's not, it's only going to bring in more money for them. Don't know why people think Chapek is making bad decisions that will hurt the company, because new things such as Mission Breakout (far exceeded expectations, by the way) will only attract more. Also, you may have hated announcement of Mission Breakout and thought that Chapek is ruining the company.. Well not only did it bring more money for them, it's supper popular and wait times are usually way longer than ToT. Same thing will happen with Pixar Pier. I think Disney is going into the right direction (new offerings, changing things up) and while you may think what they're doing is wrong, I'm sure they have some kind of master plan for the future of DCA so in the long run it will all play out smoothly.

trust the imagineers, they know how to make pixar pier 100x better than paradise pier, they'll know how to make it fit in. also, they know the future of DCA and we don't so stop making assumptions.
Nobody realistically thinks Disney will be ruined by this choice but it is not what the company was known for. This isn't quality, this is cheap overlays to increase sales and turnstyle clicks. A quick solution to the capacity nightmare Star Wars will cause. If the same people running Disney ran it back in the day, there would be NO classics like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Carosuel of Progress, EPCOT Center, Great Movie Ride etc.

When this opens there will be a line a mile long of APs and bloggers who drool over ANYTHING Disney offers so they can upload their latest YouTube video and get clicks to prove their worth as the "ULTIMATE DISNEY LOVER OMGGGGG!!!!"""". That doesn't mean anything. But if people like mediocrity if they like **** then they can have at it because that is what Disney is giving them and it seems people are just fine with it.

mickEblu

I'm disappointed in you. ;) Winnie the Pooh meets Davey Crockett meets Song of The South. Ugh.

Lol cmon It's not that bad. The canoes are only Davy Crockett in name. Poohs queue is nice and works well with the land. The ride isn't great but I also don't think it's as terrible as most think it is. Critter Country has always been cartoon animal land. The setting for Pooh is still the woods even though it's not the American south. Aside from that the land has a nice ambiance. It's too bad we had to lose the Hungry Bear being right on the water and in the foreground of that huge wall of trees.

D

Deleted member 107043

Lol cmon It's not that bad. The canoes are only Davy Crockett in name.

Except the attendants are dressed like Davey Crockett.

Poohs queue is nice and works well with the land.

It works because it's the leftover queue from the Country Bear Jamboree dating back to when the land was Bear Country in the 70s.

The setting for Pooh is still the woods even though it's not the American south.

Which raises the question that if Critter Country isn't meant to reference the South then why is the land's signature attraction based on characters from Song of The South?

I'm personally OK with Disney taking a few liberties with storytelling in a theme park, but Critter Country goes too far in its lazy carefree approach to theming. I have no idea what the land is supposed to be, and apparently nobody else does either.

mickEblu

It works because it's the leftover queue from the Country Bear Jamboree's dating back to when the land was Bear Country in the 70s.

Which raises the question that if Critter Country isn't meant to reference the South then why is the land's signature attraction based on characters from Song of The South? I'm completely OK with Disney taking liberties with storytelling in a theme park, but Critter Country goes too far in it's lazy approach to theming. I have no idea what that land is supposed to be, and apparently nobody else does either.

Oh ya forgot about the hats. Tells you how long it's been since I've been on those.

Oh the little brook was already there from CBJ? Either way it works.

I dunno. If you took that level of analysis to every land a lot of things wouldn't make sense. Like the lagoon near the Matterhorn. Or how we enter a Bayou and end up in the Carribean.

My take is it's a land themed to the American South/ country. The just put Pooh there because it fit the woodsy theme and because they didn't want to Ax the original Toad. What if Bambi replaced Pooh and the canoes were rethemed to Brother Bear or something? Would that solve it or do your issues with it run deeper?

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm gonna second Critter Country. It's so sad and just...there. Pooh is a joke. Splash is the only thing worth your time, and as MiceChat likes to frequently point out, its in serious need of a refurb. They might as well just call it what it is...the gateway to SWL.

The overall land of Critter Country is fine. And yes SM needs constant fixing, but really, it is 28 years old and surrounded by moisture that creates a maintenance issue. Now I don't have any love for Pooh itself, but for being a dark ride its pretty similar to whats in FL. Pooh only gets hate because of what they did with Hunny Hunt over in TDL. If that didn't exist it would be accepted as a fine dark ride.

lazyboy97o

Nobody realistically thinks Disney will be ruined by this choice but it is not what the company was known for. This isn't quality, this is cheap overlays to increase sales and turnstyle clicks. A quick solution to the capacity nightmare Star Wars will cause. If the same people running Disney ran it back in the day, there would be NO classics like Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Carosuel of Progress, EPCOT Center, Great Movie Ride etc.

When this opens there will be a line a mile long of APs and bloggers who drool over ANYTHING Disney offers so they can upload their latest YouTube video and get clicks to prove their worth as the "ULTIMATE DISNEY LOVER OMGGGGG!!!!"""". That doesn't mean anything. But if people like mediocrity if they like **** then they can have at it because that is what Disney is giving them and it seems people are just fine with it.
The direct-to-video sequels sold well enough.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm disappointed in you. ;) Winnie the Pooh meets Davey Crockett meets Song of The South. Ugh.

It works because it's the leftover queue from the Country Bear Jamboree dating back to when the land was Bear Country in the 70s.

Which raises the question that if Critter Country isn't meant to reference the South then why is the land's signature attraction based on characters from Song of The South?

I'm personally OK with Disney taking a few liberties with storytelling in a theme park, but Critter Country goes too far in its lazy carefree approach to theming. I have no idea what the land is supposed to be, and apparently nobody else does either.

Davy Crockett predates Critter Country. In fact it predates Bear Country that came before it. The only reason it was/is part of either was because of its location. They could have easily just said it was still part of Frontier Land when the Indian Village closed.

Critter Country is not really suppose to represent any specific American area, though with a nod to the south with SM its just assumed that's where its themed. Really with Bear Country it was themed to the forests of the Pacific Northwest. So you could say it now represents all forested areas in America. And with the new waterfalls on the river near Critter Country being an homage to the Pacific Northwest, you could also say it hearkens back to the Bear Country days...

TROR

Even if we just want to say Critter Country is about America's backwoods and forests instead of just the South's (which I don't mind), it still means a fantasy book about a British boy and his toy bear doesn't belong.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh the little brook was already there from CBJ? Either way it works.

Yup. Most if not all of the infastructure there is from Bear Country, including the Hungry Bear Restaurant. I think the Briar Patch shop dates all the way back to when the land was the Indian Village.

I dunno. If you took that level of analysis to every land a lot of things wouldn't make sense.

Wait a minute, we both do that here everyday.

GetridofMBbecauseitdoesntfit.com

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Even if we just want to say Critter Country is about America's backwoods and forests instead of just the South's (which I don't mind), it still means a fantasy book about a British boy and his toy bear doesn't belong.

They just took some liberties since a bear and the other critters in the Hundred Acre woods all fit in a Critter Country, American/British or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom