News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

djlaosc

Hopefully we will here some dates for the change soon - is it thought that it will be announced earlier than the one months notice that other 'refurbishments' seem to get at Disneyland?

Curious Constance

I can barely stand to think of the Screamin theme/music being taken away for a stupid PIxar theme.

June was literally the first time we rode the thing, and it became an instant hit with me and both of my kids.

We listen to the theme music in the car now and laugh about how I almost puked after my third time in a row.

Now they're going to replace it with a dumb character.

Something in me snapped this year. I used to be pretty cool about changes, but the more they change things strictly for publicity sake, the more fed up I"m becoming. I'd be fine with a new Pixar ride, I'm not okay with one of my favorite rides changing into a Pixar ride.

George Lucas on a Bench

We're lamenting alterations to Screaming? Just goes to show Disney people can become attached to anything. If this were a classic attraction, I'd likely agree. However, this is a bogus area with carnival theming that's always been one of DCA's biggest issues. Screaming isn't even a good coaster. It's boring. I'm not saying they're going about it in the right way. I'd just demolish everything.

mickEblu

I can barely stand to think of the Screamin theme/music being taken away for a stupid PIxar theme.

June was literally the first time we rode the thing, and it became an instant hit with me and both of my kids.

We listen to the theme music in the car now and laugh about how I almost puked after my third time in a row.

Now they're going to replace it with a dumb character.

Something in me snapped this year. I used to be pretty cool about changes, but the more they change things strictly for publicity sake, the more fed up I"m becoming. I'd be fine with a new Pixar ride, I'm not okay with one of my favorite rides changing into a Pixar ride.

I hear ya. It's pretty dumb.

Now multiply that by 10 for me for TOT turning into GOTG. At least Screamin is an unthemed roller coaster (albeit a really fun one) getting a "theme" as opposed to a classic theme being replaced.

My problem with this overlay has less to do with the ride/ ride experience itself and more to do with the general unnecessary IPification of everything (whether it needs it or not) and the lack of attention to cohesive theming. I also worry about the PP skyline and what Screamin and the Fun Wheel will look like when it's all said and done.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I love the current music but Giacchino is quite a mastermind (see Space Mountain music) so I could get on board with that. I just really, REALLY hope they don't paint the whole thing red or something atrocious like that.

Same here. It's hard to imagine the predominant color being anything but white. I could see some accents here and there but anything too colorful would fight with the Fun Wheel. But then again who knows what that's going to look like.

mickEblu

Magic Mountain is gross. The best Six Flags parks are the most charming ones. And yes, charm is a thing that can be found at Six Flags. Many of them are basically like Knott's in that they're older parks featuring classic charming elements with big steel roller coasters and puke machines plopped in them. Unfortunately for Magic Mountain, it seems to be the worst of all the Six Flags parks I've seen. The place is a hot sweaty dump with a huge roster of roller coasters, the majority of which are headache-inducing anyway.

Unfortunately for me, it's the only Six Flags park I've seen. When I was a kid, it kind of had some charm. The log jammer/ Moose burger lodge (when it first opened) in particular. Also the roaring rapids area. Basically the areas with pathways going through all the trees.

mickEblu

So has Disney announced what they are doing with the Simba lot next to the Paradise Pier hotel? I'm still waiting for my DCA expansion / Flying Aladdin E Ticket that you can get to from a themed bridge from DCA proper.

lazyboy97o

We're lamenting alterations to Screaming? Just goes to show Disney people can become attached to anything. If this were a classic attraction, I'd likely agree. However, this is a bogus area with carnival theming that's always been one of DCA's biggest issues. Screaming isn't even a good coaster. It's boring. I'm not saying they're going about it in the right way. I'd just demolish everything.
Not wanting things to be worse is not the same as thinking they are good to begin with.

George Lucas on a Bench

Realistically, I don't see it getting worse and I'm pretty pessimistic about everything. Unlike other baffling awful changes to existing popular beloved attractions that have delighted audiences for decades and keep them coming back for more despite being the same as they ever were and utilizing many low tech charming effects like automated door knockers and a skull popping out of a coffin making an audible blasting sound while tombstones rock back and forth nearby, changing Screaming and the surrounding area is necessary to me.

Screaming is a mild coaster offering sights of the Anaheim Convention Center. The park is becoming less and less about California, which is a good thing. I just see this being a trade of generic boardwalk theme with lame music for generic Pixar theme with lame music. It will likely be no better or worse. It will be the same experience, maybe with some cutesy Pixar features. At the very least, I see them upgrading the waiting line, which looks like the old line for Back to the Future: The Ride with different colored railings and no TV sets. That's my theory.

Phroobar

Magic Mountain is gross. The best Six Flags parks are the most charming ones. And yes, charm is a thing that can be found at Six Flags. Many of them are basically like Knott's in that they're older parks featuring classic charming elements with big steel roller coasters and puke machines plopped in them. Unfortunately for Magic Mountain, it seems to be the worst of all the Six Flags parks I've seen. The place is a hot sweaty dump with a huge roster of roller coasters, the majority of which are headache-inducing anyway.
When was the last time you were there?

mickEblu

Realistically, I don't see it getting worse and I'm pretty pessimistic about everything. Unlike other baffling awful changes to existing popular beloved attractions that have delighted audiences for decades and keep them coming back for more despite being the same as they ever were and utilizing many low tech charming effects like automated door knockers and a skull popping out of a coffin making an audible blasting sound while tombstones rock back and forth nearby, changing Screaming and the surrounding area is necessary to me.

Screaming is a mild coaster offering sights of the Anaheim Convention Center. The park is becoming less and less about California, which is a good thing. I just see this being a trade of generic boardwalk theme with lame music for generic Pixar theme with lame music. It will likely be no better or worse. It will be the same experience, maybe with some cutesy Pixar features. At the very least, I see them upgrading the waiting line, which looks like the old line for Back to the Future: The Ride with different colored railings and no TV sets. That's my theory.

Dude, I love your run on sentences and how everything always goes back to the Haunted Mansion.

I doubt the view of the Convention center is going anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom