News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Californian Elitist

One reason why Disneyland Paris is so wonderful is that because of financial troubles from the very beginning that park has largely remained untouched. They didn't have the budget to tinker with it other than a few exceptions.

And that’s just sad. Sad that the parks would be better if current management just refused to touch them.

TROR

One reason why Disneyland Paris is so wonderful is that because of financial troubles from the very beginning that park has largely remained untouched. They didn't have the budget to tinker with it other than a few exceptions.
Really a shame because actually does need an expansion. I’m glad WDS is getting theirs first, but that long awaited Indiana Jones ride will have to be added within the next 5 years I would hope.

BrianLo

They also spent a boatload of money refurbishing the entire park from pretty much top to bottom though.

It was certainly not a wonderful park circa 2012. Untouched perhaps, but rotting.

I think DLP right now is a bit reminiscent of DL at its 50th.

truecoat

It's Sporky, the hot new 'toy' in Toy Story 4. From early reports, the spork is made by Bonnie (the new Andy) in school, and becomes sentient since she views it as a 'toy'. Sporky suffers an existential crisis in the film struggling to grasp his existence and newfound role as a toy (which too me, sounds like a generic rehash of Buzz's Toy Story arc but that's just me).

Same here but it’s getting good reviews so far.

Meta critic 84

Rotten Tomatoes 98

Still early, let’s see those numbers after Friday.

SuddenStorm

Same here but it’s getting good reviews so far.

Meta critic 84

Rotten Tomatoes 98

Still early, let’s see those numbers after Friday.

Incredibles 2 also got excellent reviews (currently 94% rotten tomatoes) but I found it to be a lazy rehash of the first film that recycled many story tropes prevalent and overused by Lasseter era Pixar and WDA- namely the "hero ends up being a villain" twist that every movie Disney puts out now seems to rely on. I'm cautiously optimistic about Toy Story 4- since the original trilogy is phenomenal, but I'm not overly excited for it just yet.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the film ends up being amazing- Pixar certainly needs a few wins in the next few years to prove they can be successful without Lasseter's guidance.

truecoat

Incredibles 2 also got excellent reviews (currently 94% rotten tomatoes) but I found it to be a lazy rehash of the first film that recycled many story tropes prevalent and overused by Lasseter era Pixar and WDA- namely the "hero ends up being a villain" twist that every movie Disney puts out now seems to rely on. I'm cautiously optimistic about Toy Story 4- since the original trilogy is phenomenal, but I'm not overly excited for it just yet.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the film ends up being amazing- Pixar certainly needs a few wins in the next few years to prove they can be successful without Lasseter's guidance.

Well, not that it means a lot but this one is the lowest rated Toy Story movie on Meta critic which tends to be a less star struck with their scoring.

Last edited:

wityblack

I got to see Toy Story 4 about a week ago. I came out of the theatre feeling that the movie was just as good as the other Toy Storys, and after reading reviews and letting it settle, I see a few flaws, but it's still better than any non-Toy Story Pixar sequel. I'd put it at close to the level of Inside Out. I was very surprised at the quality of the film.

Rich T

I'm so DONE with the TS characters. I'm sure it will be a solid, entertaining film that had no reason to be made except to fill Disney's money vault. I'll probably check it out on home video/streaming. But for me the series peaked with TS2. TS3 had a fantastic first and final act--and a wonderful ending--but its middle section was very average and inferior to the first two films. And How To Train Your Dragon was the best animated film of that year, not TS3, ya dumb Academy voters...

Mac Tonight

I got to see Toy Story 4 about a week ago. I came out of the theatre feeling that the movie was just as good as the other Toy Storys, and after reading reviews and letting it settle, I see a few flaws, but it's still better than any non-Toy Story Pixar sequel. I'd put it at close to the level of Inside Out. I was very surprised at the quality of the film.
Great... so I'm gonna hate it.

Disneylover152

Speaking of Toy Story...

Señor Buzz’s Churros is peeling. Hasn’t even been a year and the lands falling apart.
B20DBB5C-872F-41A6-828C-E41A9CF48AD6.png

Photo: FreshBaked

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Speaking of Toy Story...

Señor Buzz’s Churros is peeling. Hasn’t even been a year and the lands falling apart.View attachment 382441
Photo: FreshBaked
I wouldn't say its falling apart. This is an example of kids not having respect for property, looks like some jerk decided to peel it. And the fact that the sticky side doesn't have discoloration, like its been exposed for a long period of time, its recent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom