News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disneylover152

Honestly I get all the sadness about the lack of California news at D23, but the Florida parks had the same parade floats for 14 years, and in the span of 10 years only opened Expedition Everest and Toy Story Mania and Soarin’. They were in a stagnant period for years, they need all and more love that they’re getting. Meanwhile even though DCAs in an identity crisis, it’s still constantly changing and updating unlike most of WDW.

TROR

Honestly I get all the sadness about the lack of California news at D23, but the Florida parks had the same parade floats for 14 years, and in the span of 10 years only opened Expedition Everest and Toy Story Mania and Soarin’. They were in a stagnant period for years, they need all and more love that they’re getting. Meanwhile even though DCAs in an identity crisis, it’s still constantly changing and updating unlike most of WDW.
I'd have preferred the DLR to remain stagnant after 2015 than most of the changes made since then.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You know what they REALLY should have done to Pixar Pier instead of making it Pixar Pier in order to bring life and a real theme on a already exisiting ip to DCA? The answer lies with what they do to my beautiful mansion for half the year. They should have demolished the pier and turned that area in to HALLOWEEN TOWN from Nightmare Before Christmas. Think about it. A money printing IP. The layout of Halloween Town is well known from the movies you could build that whole town in that space with some great dark rides and maybe a indoor coaster or trackless ride or something. "mommy there is Jack's house! let's go inside!" "mommy there is the cemetary and there is the spot where Sally and Jack kissed at the end lets go see it!" THAT would have been better than any pier. and you could have the maYor and werewolf and other characthers from the movie walking around the land. Imagine having a dark ride in OOGIE BOOGIES LAIR.

SteamboatJoe

Bingo. WDW parks were seriously neglected for a long time; themeless parks, vacant buildings, underutilized tracts of land, laughably dated attractions. Not to mention the serious crowd and transportation problems which were/are not just negatively affecting guest experiences but probably interfering with ops and potentially jeopardizing safety. DLR definitely deserves love but it does not need it as badly as WDW. There are 4 parks and no nighttime parades. Fantasmic! is still stuck in 1995. Many of the upgraded ride effects have not found their way east.

Californian Elitist

1. Did D23 pass already and I just didn’t know? What news has come out?

2. Who is sad about the apparent lack of attention the DLR is getting?

3. What TROR said. At the point, I’d rather they not do anything until they can get it together.

Professortango1

You know what they REALLY should have done to Pixar Pier instead of making it Pixar Pier in order to bring life and a real theme on a already exisiting ip to DCA? The answer lies with what they do to my beautiful mansion for half the year. They should have demolished the pier and turned that area in to HALLOWEEN TOWN from Nightmare Before Christmas. Think about it. A money printing IP. The layout of Halloween Town is well known from the movies you could build that whole town in that space with some great dark rides and maybe a indoor coaster or trackless ride or something. "mommy there is Jack's house! let's go inside!" "mommy there is the cemetary and there is the spot where Sally and Jack kissed at the end lets go see it!" THAT would have been better than any pier. and you could have the maYor and werewolf and other characthers from the movie walking around the land. Imagine having a dark ride in OOGIE BOOGIES LAIR.

I don't know if NMBC is getting a ton of play with the meet and greet crowd. Personally, if they took DCA to be Disney's Adventures or something like that and themed the lands after famous Disney locales, I could see a Pleasure Island themed pier. Midway Mania's basic ride works with the idea of smashing plates and such. Just add some cigar Indian statues and such and enclose the ending of Screamin' to include a sequence of kids being transformed into donkeys.

Then you turn Grizzly Peak into Neverland or Paradise Falls or both, add a Hercules or Mulan area on the other side of the pier...

planodisney

I really think they should have bulldozed the wharf area, expanded into the Paradis Pier Hotel lot and divide the park into 2 lands. The Golden State and
Hollywood Studios. You could have had Carsland, Marvel and 1 or 2 more IP’s and then plenty of land left for more Golden State expansion.
Rename the park California Adventures. Subtle name change but it implies something different than the current name.
I love the wharf area but DCA has to many food courts.

SuddenStorm

Not sure if this has been shared already (most of the time, I'm way late to news) but there's been a NEW addition to the pier:

TP2000

Not sure if this has been shared already (most of the time, I'm way late to news) but there's been a NEW addition to the pier:

View attachment 382264

Could someone who knows minor Pixar characters explain this to me, or which Pixar cartoon this is from?

I have no idea what that is, other than a large plastic Spork that has been decorated to look like a... snowman? Or Gumby? And why is he hanging out beneath a streetlamp with a knowing smirk? Is he a gay street hustler Spork?

Rich T

Could someone who knows minor Pixar characters explain this to me, or which Pixar cartoon this is from?

I have no idea what that is, other than a large plastic Spork that has been decorated to look like a... snowman? Or Gumby? And why is he hanging out beneath a streetlamp with a knowing smirk? Is he a gay street hustler Spork?
He's the new character from Toy Story 4. Makes me NOT want to go see the film even more than I already wanted to NOT go.

SuddenStorm

It's Sporky, the hot new 'toy' in Toy Story 4. From early reports, the spork is made by Bonnie (the new Andy) in school, and becomes sentient since she views it as a 'toy'. Sporky suffers an existential crisis in the film struggling to grasp his existence and newfound role as a toy (which too me, sounds like a generic rehash of Buzz's Toy Story arc but that's just me).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom