News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I am countering your nonsense. This is more nonsense and a diversion of what I meant. You’re just responding to try to sound informed, but offered nothing. Interesting that you had to write 5 points to counter your OWN OPINIONS that have nothing to do with me.
18rbfr.jpg

Professortango1

I haven’t conflated anything. I merely said Disney has complete confidence in the Pixar brand as demonstrated by giving the new parking structure the brand name as it did Pixar Pier. This isn’t difficult. Yet you somehow think they will fix the Pier as if there’s something better waiting in the wings. 15 years isn’t much time to enjoy such an investment in the changeover that they still haven’t finished yet. ITS NOT DONE YET.

In any case, what are the chances they will make that section Ice Age or Simpsons? Or what else is on your wishlist no matter how far fetched.

I could definately see Pixar Pier being replaced in 15 years or so. They didn't spend a ton on it and it has a temporary feeling already. I think Disney's new strategy is similar to Universal, build new IP generated experiences meant to last about 15-20 years. Crop rotation in a theme park setting. Bug's Land was a quick fix placeholder until something better came along. I feel the same about Pixar Pier. Permanent overlays is the new status quo for Disney.

DanielBB8

I could definately see Pixar Pier being replaced in 15 years or so. They didn't spend a ton on it and it has a temporary feeling already. I think Disney's new strategy is similar to Universal, build new IP generated experiences meant to last about 15-20 years. Crop rotation in a theme park setting. Bug's Land was a quick fix placeholder until something better came along. I feel the same about Pixar Pier. Permanent overlays is the new status quo for Disney.
Lets be practical in this discussion. The most that can possibly happen is swapping out one Pixar IP for another. They aren’t going to remove proven attractions that have no operational issues. Toy Story Mania was added to the pier. It didn’t replace an attraction. The Maliboomer was removed a long time ago because of poor operational issues. They only recently begin replacing it with the former Bug’s Flick’s Flyer. It’s another proven attraction.

The easiest IP replacement is the Pixar Pal-A-Round carriages. The money ran out on the other side of the pier. The swings, jellyfish, and zephr can use some Pixar IP. They can let Pixar infiltrate the rest of Paradise Place. This is most certainly a gradual process in the next 20 years or so.

I do feel like the whole pier feels temporary like a parking lot carnival. Unfortunately, it’s been around for almost 20 years and then for another 20 years as Pixar Pier, making 40 years total or more. Then, it is more or less is the status quo for DCA. Let’s see how far DCA is built out in 20 years.

TROR

Lets be practical in this discussion. The most that can possibly happen is swapping out one Pixar IP for another. They aren’t going to remove proven attractions that have no operational issues. Toy Story Mania was added to the pier. It didn’t replace an attraction. The Maliboomer was removed a long time ago because of poor operational issues. They only recently begin replacing it with the former Bug’s Flick’s Flyer. It’s another proven attraction.
Pixar Pier is literally evidence they would

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom