News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

DanielBB8

I don't think anyone is thinking that Pixar itself in the parks is going away. Whether the Pier stays long term (meaning 20+ years) remains to be seen but is a different topic.

So at this point I don't know why you think them naming a parking structure after Pixar characters at all relates to proof about the Piers long term viability in DCA. Its not proof, its you again conflating two very different things just because you see relation between them.

Now my personal opinion is that the Pier will stick around for about 10-15 years until DL proper finishes up things like FL expansion, TT overhaul with MMRR being added, and TL redo. And in DCA with Marvel expansion. Once all that is done I expect them to redo the Pier again.
DCA was opened in 2001 and they’re barely putting in the finishing touches to Pixar Pier, nearly 18 years after the park opened, and they haven’t yet begin to update Hollywood Pictures Backlot, which they won’t until the Eastern Gateway project begins after hiatus. Then another 5 years or so for the whole thing to finish. They still haven’t touched Grizzly Peak and Pacific Wharf. So you think they will get to another fix for Pixar Pier in 10 to 15 years? Why?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
DCA was opened in 2001 and they’re barely putting in the finishing touches to Pixar Pier, nearly 18 years after the park opened, and they haven’t yet begin to update Hollywood Pictures Backlot, which they won’t until the Eastern Gateway project begins after hiatus. Then another 5 years or so for the whole thing to finish. They still haven’t touched Grizzly Peak and Pacific Wharf. So you think they will get to another fix for Pixar Pier in 10 to 15 years? Why?

Not everything will be done piecemeal. So just because they did Pixar Pier nearly 18 years after opening has no bearing on how they will progress with the rest of the park or the resort as a whole. Again you're conflating too many things to try and prove a point.

Bottom line we will see what happens, it could be gone in 5 years it could stick around for 30+. But my personal opinion is that after the projects I listed previously they will come back and update the Pier again. Will it remain Pixar, I don't know. But I do believe they will update it again in about 15 years if not before.

DanielBB8

Not everything will be done piecemeal. So just because they did Pixar Pier nearly 18 years after opening has no bearing on how they will progress with the rest of the park or the resort as a whole. Again you're conflating too many things to try and prove a point.

Bottom line we will see what happens, it could be gone in 5 years it could stick around for 30+. But my personal opinion is that after the projects I listed previously they will come back and update the Pier again. Will it remain Pixar, I don't know. But I do believe they will update it again in about 15 years if not before.
I haven’t conflated anything. I merely said Disney has complete confidence in the Pixar brand as demonstrated by giving the new parking structure the brand name as it did Pixar Pier. This isn’t difficult. Yet you somehow think they will fix the Pier as if there’s something better waiting in the wings. 15 years isn’t much time to enjoy such an investment in the changeover that they still haven’t finished yet. ITS NOT DONE YET.

In any case, what are the chances they will make that section Ice Age or Simpsons? Or what else is on your wishlist no matter how far fetched.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I haven’t conflated anything. I merely said Disney has complete confidence in the Pixar brand as demonstrated by giving the new parking structure the brand name as it did Pixar Pier. This isn’t difficult. Yet you somehow think they will fix the Pier as if there’s something better waiting in the wings. 15 years isn’t much time to enjoy such an investment in the changeover that they still haven’t finished yet. ITS NOT DONE YET.

In any case, what are the chances they will make that section Ice Age or Simpsons? Or what else is on your wishlist no matter how far fetched.
You are conflating things.

The fact they named a parking structure after some Pixar characters gives no indication on the future of the Pier. Yet again I have to point out no here one is saying they don't have confidence in the Pixar brand. Obviously they will promote it any chance they get, it makes business sense. But again this has nothing to do with the future of the Pier, again no actual indication of anything.

If your personal opinion is that Pixar Pier exactly how it is now will be here for 30-40 years, that is fine more power to you. But some of us believe it'll be redone at some point in the next 15 years. Maybe not a full blown redo, but at least improve upon what is currently there.

As far what I personally want, there isn't something that I specifically want for the area. Maybe a dark ride, since DCA needs it. But really I want them to further improve what is already there. Remove the cheap aspects of the overall land and put some more effort into it.

D.Silentu

At long last, a way to enjoy Pixar Pier! Grab a libation from the nearby venue of your choice. Hop on the Critter Carousel and take a drink every time they yell "Hey , howdy." Your beverage will be empty, guaranteed, and after all that spinning you'll be in prime shape to appreciate your surroundings!

DanielBB8

The fact they named a parking structure after some Pixar characters gives no indication on the future of the Pier. Yet again I have to point out no here one is saying they don't have confidence in the Pixar brand. Obviously they will promote it any chance they get, it makes business sense. But again this has nothing to do with the future of the Pier, again no actual indication of anything.

If your personal opinion is that Pixar Pier exactly how it is now will be here for 30-40 years, that is fine more power to you. But some of us believe it'll be redone at some point in the next 15 years. Maybe not a full blown redo, but at least improve upon what is currently there.

As far what I personally want, there isn't something that I specifically want for the area. Maybe a dark ride, since DCA needs it. But really I want them to further improve what is already there. Remove the cheap aspects of the overall land and put some more effort into it.
Sorry, you’re getting the argument wrong and doing it repeatedly after I explained it to you. The fact that you’re unable to understand is inexplicable. I haven’t said 30 to 40 years either. I said it should last over 20 years. So getting hopes up that they will do it sooner makes no sense. This place thrives on rumors and reads the tea leaves, yet cannot read the tea leaves on how Disney is willing to keep its Pixar branding on attractions and parking structures. Since you have a dispute about the Pier itself, which is your effort of conflating, it’s quite comical that you fail to see that the pier is quite far along in construction on its conversion from Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier. A 1.5 year effort that we lead to believe was only 6 months. But before the last construction worker left for both the pier and the announced new parking structure with the same name and evoking the name of the wheel ride, I wonder where that came from, it is quite clear that Pixar will have a long presense in the parks.

Your conflation counter argument relies completely in the Pier changing, but I am offering the parking structure naming as strengthening the case for the Pixar Pier theming.

Californian Elitist

Don’t even bother anymore.

DanielBB8

This is where I am as well when it comes to changes. Though I do find some changes more interesting than others, Galaxies Edge/Marvel. But in the end Disney is going to do whats in the best interest of Disney, not the fans. So in my opinion I might as well accept they are going to make changes and just try to enjoy what is offered.

As for Pixar Pier, there have been rumors for years that an overhaul was coming. Its been discussed on many fan sites for years ever since DCA 2.0 was started. With the TSMM being added it was not a huge leap to see more and more Pixar being added. So in my mind its been telegraphed for almost 10 years.
So what have you heard that caused you to hint there’s Pier 3.0?

mickEblu

Sorry, you’re getting the argument wrong and doing it repeatedly after I explained it to you. The fact that you’re unable to understand is inexplicable. I haven’t said 30 to 40 years either. I said it should last over 20 years. So getting hopes up that they will do it sooner makes no sense. This place thrives on rumors and reads the tea leaves, yet cannot read the tea leaves on how Disney is willing to keep its Pixar branding on attractions and parking structures. Since you have a dispute about the Pier itself, which is your effort of conflating, it’s quite comical that you fail to see that the pier is quite far along in construction on its conversion from Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier. A 1.5 year effort that we lead to believe was only 6 months. But before the last construction worker left for both the pier and the announced new parking structure with the same name and evoking the name of the wheel ride, I wonder where that came from, it is quite clear that Pixar will have a long presense in the parks.

Your conflation counter argument relies completely in the Pier changing, but I am offering the parking structure naming as strengthening the case for the Pixar Pier theming.

Dude don’t worry. Pixar Pier isn’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future. You ll get to enjoy it in all its splendor for a very long time

Disney Irish

Premium Member

You seem to miss the point over and over, so let me make it clear.

1. Again, no one here is saying that Disney is going to rip out Pixar from DCA or any other Disney Park.
  2. No one here is saying that Disney is going to actually rip out Pixar Pier from DCA and replace it with something else any time soon. It might be a hope of some but no one is actually saying they will do it. And no one is actually providing an actual timeline of when it might happen.
  3. I am of the OPINION that Pixar Pier will get another round of updates in the future, my thought is sometime in the next 15 years. At this point I have no indication that during that update it will be to remove Pixar. But I do expect it will be an update of some kind. However it wouldn't surprise me if they did remove Pixar.
  4. No one here, especially you, have any idea what Disney will do in the future. So for you to actually say that by naming a parking structure Pixar Pals is proof of something is not only wrong its down right delusional.
  5. Disney has in the past and will in the future change directions on a whim to meet the needs of business, even if they've already spent money on an investment. Disney has even announced plans, started clearing things for construction, and ended up canceling it (Cough 4th Hotel Cough). So there is no proof of anything when it comes to Disney and its decisions regarding the parks. They are going to do whatever they are going to do, no matter what anyone here says about it.
So at this point, just enjoy Pixar Pier.

So what have you heard that caused you to hint there’s Pier 3.0?

The fact that you have to pull out a post of mine from a year and half ago as a way to respond to a current discussion is not only sad and pathetic but also borderline trolling. So back on ignore you go....

Last edited:

DanielBB8

You seem to miss the point over and over, so let me make it clear.

1. Again, no one here is saying that Disney is going to rip out Pixar from DCA or any other Disney Park.
  2. No one here is saying that Disney is going to actually rip out Pixar Pier from DCA and replace it with something else any time soon. It might be a hope of some but no one is actually saying they will do it. And no one is actually providing an actual timeline of when it might happen.
  3. I am of the OPINION that Pixar Pier will get another round of updates in the future, my thought is sometime in the next 15 years. At this point I have no indication that during that update it will be to remove Pixar. But I do expect it will be an update of some kind. However it wouldn't surprise me if they did remove Pixar.
  4. No one here, especially you, have any idea what Disney will do in the future. So for you to actually say that by naming a parking structure Pixar Pals is proof of something is not only wrong its down right delusional.
  5. Disney has in the past and will in the future change directions on a whim to meet the needs of business, even if they've already spent money on an investment. Disney has even announced plans, started clearing things for construction, and ended up canceling it (Cough 4th Hotel Cough). So there is no proof of anything when it comes to Disney and its decisions regarding the parks. They are going to do whatever they are going to do, no matter what anyone here says about it.
So at this point, just enjoy Pixar Pier.

The fact that you have to pull out a post of mine from a year and half ago as a way to respond to a current discussion is not only sad and pathetic but also borderline trolling. So back on ignore you go....
I am countering your nonsense. This is more nonsense and a diversion of what I meant. You’re just responding to try to sound informed, but offered nothing. Interesting that you had to write 5 points to counter your OWN OPINIONS that have nothing to do with me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom