News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Californian Elitist

When I was a "tween" and young teen, most movies being released were garbage like Frogs, Airport 75 and Towering Inferno. And we'd go see them 3 times. :D

Absolutely! And this goes for stimulation, too. I remember summer days when we would put on our bathing suits and my mom would get the water hose and water us down. That was enough fun for me. But then again, I was a child.

I don’t have much faith in the interests of children.

DanielBB8

Disney is doubling down on Pixar with Pixar Pal Parking Structure. Looks like any hope of changing out Pixar Pier is less likely to happy within the next 20 years.

mickEblu

Disney is doubling down on Pixar with Pixar Pal Parking Structure. Looks like any hope of changing out Pixar Pier is less likely to happy within the next 20 years.

They re completely unrelated. Not to say Pixar Pier wont be around for 20 years (hope not). If a better idea comes along where they feel they can make more $$$ they won’t let the name of a parking structure stop them.

DanielBB8

They re completely unrelated. Not to say Pixar Pier wont be around for 20 years (hope not). If a better idea comes along where they feel they can make more $$$ they won’t let the name of a parking structure stop them.
It's the name of the parking structure that supports Pixar Pier especially the wheel ride that's also named Pixar Pal Around. Each level of the parking structure supports a Pixar Pier attraction. This is advertising in the simplest way without spending a lot of money. It takes money to make more money. How exactly will they earn back more money by outlaying a lot more money on a new investment? They can certainly add IP to Grizzly Peak for example. These untouched attractions could get the Disney/Pixar sparkle.

mickEblu

It's the name of the parking structure that supports Pixar Pier especially the wheel ride that's also named Pixar Pal Around. Each level of the parking structure supports a Pixar Pier attraction. This is advertising in the simplest way without spending a lot of money. It takes money to make more money. How exactly will they earn back more money by outlaying a lot more money on a new investment? They can certainly add IP to Grizzly Peak for example. These untouched attractions could get the Disney/Pixar sparkle.

It’s not supporting Pixar Pier... directly. It’s promoting their Pixar brand in general.

dlr74

That’s a bit of a stretch. There are no attractions based on Monsters Inc, Nemo, Cars, or Coco on Pixar Pier. The only IP with two Attractions is Toy Story which isn’t even represented in the parking structure because it has its own lot

Disney Irish

Premium Member

You're conflating two separate things just because they happen to both be related to Pixar. If they had named the parking structure Pixar Pier and each level an attraction from Pixar Pier, then I would agree with you. But they didn't so there is no connection between the Pier and the parking structure other than they happen to use some of the same Pixar brand characters. In fact as mentioned other than Incredibles there is not one reference to the Pier in the structure other than again it being Pixar themed.

DanielBB8

It’s not supporting Pixar Pier... directly. It’s promoting their Pixar brand in general.
Which was what I said in the first place... "Disney is doubling down on Pixar". You slowly changed the subject to make it a direct argument about the relationship between the Pier and Parking Structure, when it was always about Pixar.

DanielBB8

You're conflating two separate things just because they happen to both be related to Pixar. If they had named the parking structure Pixar Pier and each level an attraction from Pixar Pier, then I would agree with you. But they didn't so there is no connection between the Pier and the parking structure other than they happen to use some of the same Pixar brand characters. In fact as mentioned other than Incredibles there is not one reference to the Pier in the structure other than again it being Pixar themed.
There was only one issue and that is Pixar. Pixar Pier isn't going away because Pixar is here to stay. As proof, Pixar Pals Parking Structure.

Californian Elitist

No.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There was only one issue and that is Pixar. Pixar Pier isn't going away because Pixar is here to stay. As proof, Pixar Pals Parking Structure.

I don't think anyone is thinking that Pixar itself in the parks is going away. Whether the Pier stays long term (meaning 20+ years) remains to be seen but is a different topic.

So at this point I don't know why you think them naming a parking structure after Pixar characters at all relates to proof about the Piers long term viability in DCA. Its not proof, its you again conflating two very different things just because you see relation between them.

Now my personal opinion is that the Pier will stick around for about 10-15 years until DL proper finishes up things like FL expansion, TT overhaul with MMRR being added, and TL redo. And in DCA with Marvel expansion. Once all that is done I expect them to redo the Pier again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom