News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TROR

Not related to the mirror scene, but just an explanation of how the ghost effect works. If you're familiar with the Tupac hologram from a years ago, this probably isn't anything too surprising but it's always interesting to see how the magic is created.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I saw Frozen, never saw Aladdin (but I have watched it online).

The entire Aladdin show makes me cringe and its not good compared to the Broadway production. Sure you can enjoy it more, but that doesn't mean its better. The costumes, the sets, the new song, everything about it is just okay. Aladdin's sets at DCA was 2D cardboard cut outs. My high school makes better sets. Nothing wowing like Broadway, where everything is spectacular.

vs.

Neither one is bad, but you can obviously tell that one is far worse than the other.

I really think this should be the last time you offer your opinion on the show... because you are pretty damn far off.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Not related to the mirror scene, but just an explanation of how the ghost effect works. If you're familiar with the Tupac hologram from a years ago, this probably isn't anything too surprising but it's always interesting to see how the magic is created.

They should do a behind the scenes video of Mission: Blow Out.

Imagineer:
"This scene is basically a big tv screen that plays the ride video. We had a lot of fun figuring out where to plug it in."

SMLR

they must be stopped
011FCEF0-94C7-4FA7-BF5A-32925438F4D0.jpeg

FigmentForver96

Nope. There's even pictures of the empty elevator car with the words reversed from CMs. The effect had our car looking through a two way mirror to a duplicate car. When the lights are on us, the mirror reflects our image. When the projection is shot onto the mirror and lights go down on us, the ghost imagery appears. Lastly, the lights shift a third time to light the empty car behind the mirror so it appears as if we are looking at the reflected image of our now empty car.

And the reason they did this wasn't a lack of room, it was that Imagineers always felt the 5th Dimension Room was a failure overall. It was expensive, it slowed down the pace of the first half of the ride, it was prone to error, and it caused some unfortunate pauses in the story. This newer design fixed it so well that when Tokyo Disney Seas had their choice of which Tower design to utilize for their park, they selected the updated design seen in Paris and California.
Wrong again. First it should be noted that the second edition of the tower was designed for Disneyland Paris and was added to Anaheim first to help the bleeding park. The 5th dimension scene was cut for two reasons.

1) Budget

2) Capacity, the Paris park needed a headliner that would eat up people and so they added a third shaft. Anaheim followed the same design because it was cheaper and they also needed another big ride with big capacity.

The result is a half hearted experience that couldn't top the original simply because it was a watered down version. Anyone who rode both knew that as well.

I'm going to leave the conversation here so you don't have to worry about telling us how when you rode the Orlando version everyone laughed at the cheesiness of it.

GiveMeTheMusic

Wrong again. First it should be noted that the second edition of the tower was designed for Disneyland Paris and was added to Anaheim first to help the bleeding park. The 5th dimension scene was cut for two reasons.

1) Budget

2) Capacity, the Paris park needed a headliner that would eat up people and so they added a third shaft. Anaheim followed the same design because it was cheaper and they also needed another big ride with big capacity.

The result is a half hearted experience that couldn't top the original simply because it was a watered down version. Anyone who rode both knew that as well.

I'm going to leave the conversation here so you don't have to worry about telling us how when you rode the Orlando version everyone laughed at the cheesiness of it.

And in addition, OLC went with DCA/WDS TOT for TDS specifically because it wasn't as thrilling and scary as DHS TOT. The drop profile for TDS TOT is weak sauce compared to DCA/WDS, and absolutely nothing compared to GOTG.

Disneylover152

I really think this should be the last time you offer your opinion on the show... because you are pretty damn far off.

Why? Because I've never seen the show at DCA (when with the exception of a few sets, the DCL version is exactly the same)? Many people here haven't seen Pixar Pier in real life, yet your not telling them to stop giving their opinion on the show.

Or maybe its because my opinion on its different from yours. We can all have our opinions. I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything, I'm just stating my opinion that comparing Aladdin or Frozen at the Hyperion to Broadway shows is not right because they are so far off from each other. I never said you can't have an opinion on it, I just gave mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom