News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

shortstop

80E63D61-5D6C-4FC9-B8D4-D58E156CAEFA.jpeg

Two weeks later and Lasseter’s Lair still hasn’t had its neon lighting installed. Good work team!

Travel Junkie

With Incredibles 2 now the highest grossing animated feature of all time, do we look at the Incredicoaster in the same vein as the Maelstrom to Frozen redo at Epcot? I sure do.

An absolute missed opportunity to build a quality attraction from the ground up that would promote the franchise in a logical manner instead of forcing it in where it doesn't belong.

dlr74

With Incredibles 2 now the highest grossing animated feature of all time, do we look at the Incredicoaster in the same vein as the Maelstrom to Frozen redo at Epcot? I sure do.

An absolute missed opportunity to build a quality attraction from the ground up that would promote the franchise in a logical manner instead of forcing it in where it doesn't belong.

What’s even worse is Disney’s willingness to take an already lazy retheme of an attraction that existed in only one park worldwide and duplicate it elsewhere in the world. Frozen Ever After is being duplicated in Asia.. so they’re actually building the Maelstrom track/ride system in another park and using it as a Frozen attraction. And there are rumors of Rock N Roller Coaster at DHS getting an identical Incredicoaster retheme as Screamin did. Truly unbelievable

shortstop

I seem to recall that 2 of the 4 rides recently opened are dark rides (Pandora) and the next 5 under construction are as well (both SWLs, Rat, Tron, and GofG. But if you ignore those, I guess you have a point.
Only RoL, Rat, and Alcatraz are dark rides. The others are simulators or coasters, which aren’t what people are referring to when they talk about dark rides.

Disney Analyst

What’s even worse is Disney’s willingness to take an already lazy retheme of an attraction that existed in only one park worldwide and duplicate it elsewhere in the world. Frozen Ever After is being duplicated in Asia.. so they’re actually building the Maelstrom track/ride system in another park and using it as a Frozen attraction. And there are rumors of Rock N Roller Coaster at DHS getting an identical Incredicoaster retheme as Screamin did. Truly unbelievable

I've heard the new Frozen attractions will differ from the Norway version.

GiveMeTheMusic

While the HKDL and WDS Frozen rides will be similar to FEA, they are not building the Maelstrom ride system anywhere else. The new Pirates ride system is easier to duplicate and far more versatile while offering higher capacity.

George Lucas on a Bench

I wouldn't think it was true. The Frozen ride was slapped together using an existing 80s EPCOT Center boat ride for some reason. More than likely the loose thematic connection and some Disney exec riding it and wondering why there's a weird boat ride with trolls and a polar bear that isn't themed to Frozen and selling dolls instead of charming weird Norwegian trinkets in the gift shop. Frozen doesn't even have a boat scene as I recall. It seems highly unlikely they'd clone it.

lazyboy97o

No, because this is still being focused on box office, and not story, which is the same faulty thinking that leads to Frozen Ever After and the Incredicoaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom