News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They did put it to a guest vote. They actively survey guests all the time about these things and Mission Breakout is the clear winner. Much to everyone’s chagrin...

A clear winner based on what? It sure isn't theming which stops in certain places. If it's based on Mission: Bustamove having bigger screens than ToT then I would agree. Those 4k screens look amazing. Way better than an actual set...

No Name

We might hate it, but I promise you it'll be popular with the general public. Chapek is just giving the people what they know they want (which is the exact opposite of Walt's philosophy, but that's for another discussion).

The public never asked for shoddy storytelling and I can assure you they do not want it. We will see who's right when the ratings hit.
Exactly.

"No one wanted" Mission Breakout either.

Mission Breakout in itself isn't shoddy storytelling.

VJ

The public never asked for shoddy storytelling and I can assure you they do not want it. We will see who's right when the ratings hit.

Mission Breakout in itself isn't shoddy storytelling.
The public doesn't care about any sort of storytelling or else Six Flags wouldn't exist. The only people who do care about such things are the ones like us, the Disney fans who worship the ground Walt walked on. That's the hard truth but it's the truth. That's what I've been trying to say.

The general public (meaning the ones who don't refresh forums like these every 5 minutes for new posts) only cares about being spoon-fed their favorite movies. They don't care about nuances like "story" or "theme". Within the listed parameters, Chapek is knocking it out of the park because Mission Breakout is one of the most popular rides in DCA currently, and I'm pretty sure Pixar Pier will be along the same lines.

I'm not trying to attack anyone here, because I'm one of you guys and I hope I've shown that with my recent posts. I'm just saying Disney does not give a flying pig what we, the superfans, think. Only the public who'll eat up whatever Disney dishes out as if they needed it for survival.

Californian Elitist

Guest surveys are purposefully written to get the intended result. They are not trustworthy, third party, scientific surveys done to get impartial feedback from guests. When they need to get a result - like "highest rated attraction in the park for GOTG" - guess what the surveys will show?

Exactly. There’s nothing reliable about those surveys at all. And the average Disneyland guest is ignorant. But they’re reliable.

Please.

DanielBB8

Guest surveys are purposefully written to get the intended result. They are not trustworthy, third party, scientific surveys done to get impartial feedback from guests. When they need to get a result - like "highest rated attraction in the park for GOTG" - guess what the surveys will show?
You have to decide what they’re trying to accomplish to get their “intended result”. You assume Disney doesn’t want to hear that guests want classic Disneyland like attractions. They are way beyond that. They aren’t going to make attractions like that anymore. The attractions themselves aren’t what they were. If you want Pirates? Knock yourself out. There won’t be another version of Pirates in the classic style. So let’s move on.

Find out what today’s people want and enjoy. Seems like people are easily offended. Heavy animatronic attractions are already on the way out. They can’t be polite enough to sit through Trump at Hall of Presidents. Statues are coming down around the country including Ganhdi.

I suppose animals are safe if the context is right. But don’t make them wrong.

BrianLo

Dude, are you seriously saying that survey by the bubbling CM who waits for people getting off the ride and giggles about how fun MB is before she asks your opinion are reliable?

I’m not here to shill for Disney’s ability to run a survey. It’s the only practical means of guest reviews we have. Whether Disney is simply lying to us... or themselves. To what end I guess? If it was received as a piece of crap then they would not have the gall to say anything in the first place.

I doubt it’s the greatest ride ever, but I also doubt the public thinks it’s meaningfully worse. Disney instantly dropped the Soaring around the World talk when it didn’t hit well.

BrianLo

A clear winner based on what? It sure isn't theming which stops in certain places. If it's based on Mission: Bustamove having bigger screens than ToT then I would agree. Those 4k screens look amazing. Way better than an actual set...

Let’s not put the Tower on a pedestal here. It was Pressler hack job. Now it’s a Chapek hack job!

Curious Constance

I’m not here to shill for Disney’s ability to run a survey. It’s the only practical means of guest reviews we have. Whether Disney is simply lying to us... or themselves. To what end I guess? If it was received as a piece of crap then they would not have the gall to say anything in the first place.

I doubt it’s the greatest ride ever, but I also doubt the public thinks it’s meaningfully worse. Disney instantly dropped the Soaring around the World talk when it didn’t hit well.
I honestly have no idea what the general public thinks about MB or which version they prefer, I just know I'm not trusting a Disney survey to tell me either.

DanielBB8

I honestly have no idea what the general public thinks about MB or which version they prefer, I just know I'm not trusting a Disney survey to tell me either.
Will you trust this? MB 110 minutes and RSR 120 minutes wait standby at this minute.

Attachments

• 2605D94A-85E8-425F-9CB8-39BA86BC6A66.jpeg
    2605D94A-85E8-425F-9CB8-39BA86BC6A66.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 35

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom