News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Stevek

Uh oh....

Robert%20McMahan%20-%20LC1161-600.jpg

Apparently Constance left the iron plugged in. Well done rookie.

mickEblu

It's not the best Mexican I've had, but I think it's decent for theme park food. It's better than Rancho del Zocalo over at Disneyland.

I have to admit it's been a minute since I've eaten there. However I would most definitely visit there before heading to Award Wieners or Lucky Fortune. LOL. Pretty much every time I eat at the parks, it's somewhere in Disneyland; rarely do I eat in California Adventure.

My sister lives for those chimichangas. They're good, but I can't pick a chimichanga over a corn dog. That's my go-to snack/meal. Anything but those giant turkey legs.

Oh well how about the chimichanga AND the corn dog? Seems like the right thing to do. I like the turkey legs but rarely buy one as my wife can't stand them and it's too much turkey meat for me in one sitting. Oh and did I mention sodium?

I also usually eat at DL which is funny because I feel like DCA somehow has the reputation for having better food.

Californian Elitist

Oh well how about the chimichanga AND the corn dog? Seems like the right thing to do. I like the turkey legs but rarely buy one as my wife can't stand them and it's too much turkey meat for me in one sitting. Oh and did I mention sodium?

I also usually eat at DL which is funny because I feel like DCA somehow has the reputation for having better food.

I've never gotten both in one day. My sister has though haha. The turkey legs have WAY too much salt and meat, and this is coming from a serious carnivore. The first and only time I had one, after maybe 10 minutes into it, I started gagging. I'm sure those things are injected with growth hormones and steroids. Had to throw it away. I agree with your wife.

I feel the opposite. Everyone I talk to who regularly visits the parks always talk about food at Disneyland. But you're right, DCA does have a good reputation in terms of its food. It does have Ghiradelli's, which has the best ice cream between the two parks, easily. Since it opened, I almost never go to Gibson Girl.

mickEblu

I've never gotten both in one day. My sister has though haha. The turkey legs have WAY too much salt and meat, and this is coming from a serious carnivore. The first and only time I had one, after maybe 10 minutes into it, I started gagging. I'm sure those things are injected with growth hormones and steroids. Had to throw it away. I agree with your wife.

I feel the opposite. Everyone I talk to who regularly visits the parks always talk about food at Disneyland. But you're right, DCA does have a good reputation in terms of its food. It does have Ghiradelli's, which has the best ice cream between the two parks, easily. Since it opened, I almost never go to Gibson Girl.

Lol @ gagging.

Yeah, Ghiradellis is legit, I go there for all of my ice cream needs. Never buy a corn dog at DCA though because it seems sacrilegious.

D

Deleted member 107043

Getting a bowl from the Lucky Fortune and listening to the Mariachi Divas while sitting on the wharf under the sun has almost become my DCA tradition. :)

I've had a long tough day at work and that sounds so nice right now. I've seen the Divas at DCA and their great.

I think PW is one of the more underrated areas of DLR.

lazyboy97o

Ugh! The retro-modern Incredibles do not belong on a Victorian pier! Unless the new Screamin' is decked out in googie archticture OR some villain tries to attack the Parrs while they are on vacation at Pixar Pier...

Oh no...

Disney would do something like that, wouldn't they? :(
None of the Pixar films have an aesthetic or setting or anything related to the early 20th century.

britain

None of the Pixar films have an aesthetic or setting or anything related to the early 20th century.

I know, but the toy story gang can be placed in any sort of situation, by virtue of them being a part of some imaginary scenario that Andy came up with. In other words, I'm fine with Mr. potato head as a barker.

Up could fit with little boy Carl.

As I said earlier I am also fine with Bing Bong running a candy store.

You can also have a lot of flexibility simply by virtue of a vaudeville theater showing something totally unrelated and modern.

But Incredibles on screamin?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

nevol

yea, but buildings built in the 20s still stand today, so they can make a victorian pier and call it present day and there would be no issue with that.

nevol

But Incredibles on screamin?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

same :) hyperspace mountain except instead of flying through a known series of sequences from the films, satisfying a pre-existing desire to do so, we are on a roller coaster with the incredibles theme while some annoying superhero kid hangs on to the front of the car for dear life :joyfull:

George Lucas on a Bench

Paradise Pier has been one of the most ungodly things in a Disney theme park since it opened. At this point, I don't even know how to feel about its various incarnations. While it was positively satanic to walk into a Disney park and see this:

100_2286-S.jpg

Ugh! Anyway, as I was saying, while this was admittedly at least better than Season of the Force, was it also better than the current Paradise Pier and bizarre plans to alter it further? There's at least a certain amount of cohesion here. Paradise Pier 2.0 makes absolutely no sense, not even as a Disney character version of the pier. Simply slapping a Mickey head on a ferris wheel doesn't make it more Disney. Okay, we'll give it "Victorian" architecture, bouncy music and paint Disney characters on it. See! It's more Disney now! While it was an ugly pile of junk before, it now feels like a land desperately wanting to be a land in a Disney park. It somehow feels worse to me. I know! What's wrong with me?

Last edited:

Suspirian

Paradise Pier has been one of the most ungodly things in a Disney theme park since it opened. At this point, I don't even know how to feel about its various incarnations. While it was positively satanic to walk into a Disney park and see this:

100_2286-S.jpg

Jesus Christ! Anyway, as I was saying, while this was admittedly at least better than Season of the Force, was it also better than the current Paradise Pier and bizarre plans to alter it further? There's at least a certain amount of cohesion here. Paradise Pier 2.0 makes absolutely no sense, not even as a Disney character version of the pier. Simply slapping a Mickey head on a ferris wheel doesn't make it more Disney. Okay, we'll give it "Victorian" architecture, bouncy music and paint Disney characters on it. See! It's more Disney now! While it was an ugly pile of junk before, it now feels like a land desperately wanting to be a land in a Disney park. It somehow feels worse to me. I know! What's wrong with me?

I think it would be best if they took out all the flat rides and made it more like American Waterfront at TDS (but CA instead of NY)

George Lucas on a Bench

Asking a little much of DCA? Even Cars Land isn't as massively detailed and ultra charming as that land. They even have a Titanic-esque ocean liner that kinda looks like the Southampton scene. Look at those lifeboats lining the boat deck! Mother of God! The American parks basically look like crap compared to that place.

114+-+American+Waterfront+mock+Titanic.JPG

It also isn't on a fake pond with ugly World of Color machinery sticking out of the water.

Tokyo-DisneySea-6.jpg

*faints*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom