News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

I hope you re right.
Well
That would be really cool. Cove bar and ariel's grotto are obviously nice and major money makers, but they could connect that pier area with the warf by putting sheets of rockwork/cliffs underneath. Would be really pretty and pretty easy to get rid of the contemporary finishes that remain on that structure, keep the retail and dining intact, but by placing them on rocks rather than stilts, they could emulate the old cliff house in san francisco while creating a sort of big-sur type coastal landscape. All around the lagoon, there are no natural waterfronts aside from some inaccessible beach. If they extend the rockwork from the warf toward ariel's grotto, they can emulate California, improve the landscape, and protect and promote IP.

View attachment 216258
Hey! How did you get a picture of my house on a private beach!?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971, do you have any insight into what we can actually expect to see in Pixar Pier in 2018, and in the future? Oh... and is Mickey and Minnie' Rinaway Railway now off the table? I was kinda hoping it would help revitalize the north side of Hollywoodland in the Sunset Showcase Theater. Thank you!
Something incredible.
And the choo choo ride possibly not off the table but pushed back.

Seriously, about PP.... I'd expect makeovers and cosmetic work mainly.

mickEblu

Something incredible.

Oh no, Is this something incredible permanent or temporary? Does Mickey go bye bye from the Fun Wheel?

nevol

If they make it a pixar fun wheel, I have no idea what it'll look like during the day, but I can totally see them doing non-stop projection mapping of pixar animations at night rather than the already-strong mood lighting we already have. What shape does that surface take during the day to not be a giant scorchie blinding everybody as they enter the area? No clue.

riffing off the wharf idea and the images I threw together in a second, one way they could destinguish moving forward between what is pier and what is wharf/park more generally if it all doesn't become pixar pier is to use rockwork. anything lined with rocks is not the pier; anything on concrete and stilts, like a boardwalk, is. that would reuire them to plus things that aren't part of the new, marketable pixar pier, and soaks up some of the funding. It happened with star wars land which was super generous but since DCA isn't sacred to anybody and pixar land's budget is a fraction of star wars lands, that will never happen.

Burgower1994

Something incredible.

Any idea what in the Pixar pal theater? Is it very similar to the dreamwork theater that is going in universals studios Hollywood?

bluerhythym

That would be really cool. Cove bar and ariel's grotto are obviously nice and major money makers, but they could connect that pier area with the warf by putting sheets of rockwork/cliffs underneath. Would be really pretty and pretty easy to get rid of the contemporary finishes that remain on that structure, keep the retail and dining intact, but by placing them on rocks rather than stilts, they could emulate the old cliff house in san francisco while creating a sort of big-sur type coastal landscape. All around the lagoon, there are no natural waterfronts aside from some inaccessible beach. If they extend the rockwork from the warf toward ariel's grotto, they can emulate California, improve the landscape, and protect and promote IP.

Really love that idea, and I'd be okay with the whole Pixar overlay if this came along with it. California has such distinct coastlines and I always thought it was a shame that they represented them with a generic boardwalk theme. A Big Sur area would be a great transition from Grizzly Peak, or some La Jolla type rockwork would look great across from the pier. A few more ideas:

1) A new facade for Ariel's Undersea Adventure. The current one is nice on its own, but I always felt it was a little too grand for the area. Some nice coastal landscaping and a more subdued entry would make the ride feel more impressive once you’re inside.

2) Close Cocina Cucamonga. (Is this place any good?) If they could work out the backstage workings, they might be able to fit a little dark ride D-ticket here, and/or a new path from Pacific Wharf proper to the Paradise Ice Cream shop. Would definitely open up the walkways come World of Color/parade time.

3) I’m wondering if a little Tiki-room style show could fit if they lost the San Francisco bathrooms, I’m not sure what’s in that backstage space between those and Sonoma Terrace. DCA could really use an animatronic show like this, and its location could work for either Grizzly Peak or an expanded Pacific Wharf.

britain

Something incredible.

Ugh! The retro-modern Incredibles do not belong on a Victorian pier! Unless the new Screamin' is decked out in googie archticture OR some villain tries to attack the Parrs while they are on vacation at Pixar Pier...

Oh no...

Disney would do something like that, wouldn't they? :(

TP2000

True. Disney's reliance on the hobo motels of Anaheim is striking. Although, I'm sure there are agreements in place with the city for them to 'support local businesses' and in return get tax breaks and/or perks (like being able to use massive amounts of water/electricity when the rest of the county is on lock-down)..

A bit OT, but Orange County had relatively minor impacts for residents and businesses from the drought of 2014-2016. OC uses a very unique groundwater recharge system that easily handles the load. The drought is over statewide now, but OC had minor impacts.

Anaheim also has it's own municipally owned public utility that provides relatively cheap electricity to all city homes and businesses.

nevol

simple collaging of ideas for PP hotel+Ariel's grotto. maybe ill finally get my victoriana, but I won't hold my breath!
pp1.jpg
pp4.jpg

mickEblu

Covina Cucamonga is one of the better quick service options at DCA. Getting rid of it would be a mistake.

Really? I guess I gotta give it another shot. I think I had a bite of a family members food like 7 years ago and must not of thought it was great because I never tried it again. The Carnitas burrito at Casa de Fritos is not too bad though. And for some reason those chimichangas all around the park take me right back to elementary school, in a good way.

D

Deleted member 107043

The amount of money Disney pours into WDW is absolutely jaw dropping. I'm not sure west coasters really understand what a tiny tiny drop in the bucket DLR is, in terms of both investment and revenue.

Oh I do. And I'm bitter about it.:D

Stevek

Really? I guess I gotta give it another shot. I think I had a bite of a family members food like 7 years ago and must not of thought it was great because I never tried it again. The Carnitas burrito at Casa de Fritos is not too bad though. And for some reason those chimichangas all around the park take me right back to elementary school, in a good way.
I think it's reasonably good. Pacific Wharf used to be our favorite with their old sourdough turkey sandwich but now we tend to go to Boardwalk Pizza/Pasta as the Penne with Chicken is fantastic. A little kick to it but very nice size serving and great taste.

Californian Elitist

It's not the best Mexican I've had, but I think it's decent for theme park food. It's better than Rancho del Zocalo over at Disneyland.

I have to admit it's been a minute since I've eaten there. However I would most definitely visit there before heading to Award Wieners or Lucky Fortune. LOL. Pretty much every time I eat at the parks, it's somewhere in Disneyland; rarely do I eat in California Adventure.

My sister lives for those chimichangas. They're good, but I can't pick a chimichanga over a corn dog. That's my go-to snack/meal. Anything but those giant turkey legs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom