News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

DanielBB8

Hoping maybe, but sure? Hmmm I doubt it.

Point is, in terms of business strategy, big bets on well-known established IP, like SW, Disney classics, Marvel, etc, has been an incredibly lucrative strategy for Disney, both for the Studio and P&R. If you disagree with me that's fine, but let's agree to disagree now before this discussion goes off the rails.;)
I’m not even sure what your point is.

Point is there are big bets. You also said you doubt they would think it’ll be a big success. Really? If that was true, the budget would be smaller and they wouldn’t tie so many big names in the project.

D

Deleted member 107043

Point is there are big bets. You also said you doubt they would think it’ll be a big success. Really? If that was true, the budget would be smaller and they wouldn’t tie so many big names in the project.

Aannnnd...

tenor.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Point is that its those big bets on well known established properties, like Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, etc. that allows them to make the big bets on the lesser known or the unproven movie projects. Now how that translates to the parks, over time we shall see.

__r.jr

Epcot’s original attractions are whittled down to just a few. Attendance is flat for years. The transition to characters started with Nemo in Living Seas. It will continue with the rumored makeover to Marine Life Institute. Norway’s Maelstrom switchover to Frozen continues that trend with the Guardians replacement of Universe of Energy. Sadly, Future World’s generic corporate business park look isn’t a theme, but you can continue to think so. Those are much drastic changes compared with DCA’s change of Pixar Pier. Yet DCA has changed a lot.

Pixar Pier coincides with DHS’ Toy Story Land. Sunset Boulevard is a mere one street and they just added Grand Avenue. We’re getting our own version of the Grand Avenue pub and DCA had Buena Vista Street for many years. So what else do you want that DHS is getting?

These all go hand in hand from the exact same company. There’s no new angle here and you’re re-summarized what I already know. It doesn’t add anything to the discussion because this is a disagreement. Pixar Pier works in this corner of the park.

“But even if Disney only invested heavily in adding those new experiences to the park, it would never be enough. It would be like putting band-aids on a broken bone.”

Not true if you include Cars Land that manages to incorporate California into a Disney IP and Characters, but this is an once in a lifetime change. Pixar Pier is not what you want, but this is exactly what the company and the guests want.

I wanted to continue to the discussion because there's much to respond to as well as I find it engaging.

However, since you find it to be nothing but a summation of what you already know time and time again then I will not engage with you.

I will continue to discuss the topic regardless if you think it sounds repetitive.

SMLR

With the closing of A Bug’s Land, it definitely makes sense now why they’re retheming Paradise Pier. They’re gonna need an area that caters to kids once Marvel Land opens, and given the things they’re doing now (taking Flik’s Flyers and retheming it to Inside Out, creating a carousel themed to Jessie, plus adding Pixar characters that kids love in literally every space of the pier), this is more likely becoming the case.

lazyboy97o

With the closing of A Bug’s Land, it definitely makes sense now why they’re retheming Paradise Pier. They’re gonna need an area that caters to kids once Marvel Land opens, and given the things they’re doing now (taking Flik’s Flyers and retheming it to Inside Out, creating a carousel themed to Jessie, plus adding Pixar characters that kids love in literally every space of the pier), this is more likely becoming the case.
There is no sense. Nothing stops a seaside pier from being fun for kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom