News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

The Mom

Premium Member
Any further argumentative posts, on either side of the "why do some people keep posting the same opinion over and over?" will be deleted. Thank you. Just think to yourself,"here we go again!" and skip over the post - no comment needed.

I've been here for almost 20 years, and have rarely (if ever, but it could happen ;)) seen anyone change another poster's opinion. Especially when arguing about how "you are wrong and I'm right."

UpAllNight

Random question which I thought of when trying to establish why Disney were doing this, but other than the Marvel expansion plot, is there literally no room for further improvements in DCA? I’ve looked at a few aerial pics and expansion room appears sparse. If so, we should expect more redos in the future, as it’s their only option to change things up.

drizgirl

Random question which I thought of when trying to establish why Disney were doing this, but other than the Marvel expansion plot, is there literally no room for further improvements in DCA? I’ve looked at a few aerial pics and expansion room appears sparse. If so, we should expect more redos in the future, as it’s their only option to change things up.
I would have given up anything in DCA (Carsland included, and I love Carsland) to keep SWL out of DL.

DanielBB8

Hollywood Pictures Backlot has lots of underutilized space for expansion. The theater, the warehouse, the restaurant. The Bugs Land entrance with the underutilized A Bug’s Life Theater and garden areas that were the former farm could be included in the Marvel update.

Since Disney is a unlikely to acquire the Candy Cane Inn, Desert Palms, Alamo, the Alpine Inn, and 7-11, no more expansion space south. Then they might relocate the transportation area if the Eastern Gateway is revived.

George Lucas on a Bench

Hollywood Pictures Backlot was a guilty pleasure land. When they had the Mad T Party and Tower of Terror, it was actually fun to do DCA at night. You know, drinking long island iced teas while the band played and riding TOT right before close. DCA had unique nighttime atmosphere which justified that essentially huge waste of space. Heck, you could set up early and see the fan favorite Aladdin show before getting drunk. The 2012 updates made it even better with the trolly cars going by and that band in the car. You didn't have that in any of the other parks. DL has it's own nighttime atmosphere as always, with DCA now joining the rest as just being boring.

Curious Constance

1521391567502.png

Silvia21

So ITTBAB doesn’t get a farewell tour?
Guess not. They probably don't want those die hard Bug's Life fans complaining.
If iTTBAB is going bye bye for good it would be fun if they took the awesome animatronics inside the theater and placed them as a train bite somewhere within Pixar Pier.
Better then just putting them in a wherehouse.

Maybe they can use them as store decor but have them working
Today is the last day. For sure.

BrianLo

Agree. I think the issue is when folks use the whole “stop complaining” thing as a way to shut down an argument/ discussion or as this sort of superiority trump card.

It really is funny though. After a while you just see the same old conversations over and over. I don’t even get involved with 3/4 of them Because it’s just deja vu. Sometimes you even see a post of a sentiment/ idea/ thought that you could swear was an original post/ idea of your own that people are bringing up as an original idea because they haven’t been around the block long enough. But I guess people who have been around longer than I can say the same thing. Anyway it really is an echo chamber but it’s an echo chamber for those on both sides of the discussion. Not just the “complainers.”

Congratulations! You have reached grandmaster forum zen! Here, let me disillusion you back into reality...

0525_nws_ocr-l-dcagotg-01-1.jpg

743pv7l.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

I don’t mind the red tubes on Screamin but I’m not feeling the blue on the fun wheel. What say you?

It was kinda of clever the way the Fun Wheel was painted in colors that mimmicked Mickey... red, black, and yellow. I wonder what the color inspiration is for this redo.

mickEblu

Maybe, I'm still not sure about this rumor. It would be weird to have this shutdown but the rest left running. But who knows. We'll see tomorrow, if its up and running then we know it was another false rumor.

It doesn’t seem that weird to me being that ITTBAB IS isolated from the rest of the land.

BrianLo

I dig the red. But I need scaffolding down and gondola's back on the fun wheel to see if it jives. I actually aesthetically like some of the colour choices and facades if you ignore the characters completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom