News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If you don’t like the discussion, either create a new thread, leave the forum, put us on ignore, or deal with it. You’ve got a few choices. When was the last thread you created? You have the freedom to create your own discussion thread. If you’re bored, that’s not on us.
I'm sorry, leave the forum? So because I have a opinion that you don't find appealing I should leave? I thought the whole point was to have a discussion back and forth about differing opinions.

You should be free to discuss what you want, yet you try to deter us from doing the same thing. I’m confused.

Wait but isn't this exactly what you are doing right here? Aren't you basically trying to deter me from the discussion?

mickEblu

And BTW, I should also be free to express said opinion about that discussion just like you should be as well.

Agree. I think the issue is when folks use the whole “stop complaining” thing as a way to shut down an argument/ discussion or as this sort of superiority trump card.

It really is funny though. After a while you just see the same old conversations over and over. I don’t even get involved with 3/4 of them Because it’s just deja vu. Sometimes you even see a post of a sentiment/ idea/ thought that you could swear was an original post/ idea of your own that people are bringing up as an original idea because they haven’t been around the block long enough. But I guess people who have been around longer than I can say the same thing. Anyway it really is an echo chamber but it’s an echo chamber for those on both sides of the discussion. Not just the “complainers.”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agree. I think the issue is when folks use the whole “stop complaining” thing as a way to shut down an argument or as this sort of superiority trump card.
However no one ever said stop complaining though, I just ask a question when someone said they themselves were complaining.

It really is funny though. After a while you just see the same old conversations over and over. I don’t even get involved with 3/4 of them Because it’s just deja vu. Sometimes you even see a post of a sentiment/ idea/ thought that you could swear was an original post/ idea of your own that people are bringing up as an original idea either because they haven’t been around the block long enough. But I guess people who have been around longer than I can say the same thing. Anyway it really as an echo chamber but it’s an echo chamber for those on both sides of the discussion. Not just the “complainers.”
The echo chamber in this case though is the Disney Fandom, and there are many sides to that fandom. Its not like we are discussing with another group outside of that fandom. That is what makes it an echo chamber.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It really is funny though. After a while you just see the same old conversations over and over. I don’t even get involved with 3/4 of them Because it’s just deja vu. Sometimes you even see a post of a sentiment/ idea/ thought that you could swear was an original post/ idea of your own that people are bringing up as an original idea because they haven’t been around the block long enough. But I guess people who have been around longer than I can say the same thing. Anyway it really is an echo chamber but it’s an echo chamber for those on both sides of the discussion. Not just the “complainers.”

Oh and I agree, it the same conversations over and over. And its familiar because its the same conversation on all of these boards because its many of the same people. The board might be different but its the same posters that just moved the conversation.

Californian Elitist

I'm sorry, leave the forum? So because I have a opinion that you don't find appealing I should leave? I thought the whole point was to have a discussion back and forth about differing opinions.

Wait but isn't this exactly what you are doing right here? Aren't you basically trying to deter me from the discussion?

Did I say you should leave? I said you have the option. And yes, if you or anyone else don’t like the discussions here, you and others should consider leaving and finding a forum that suits your style, what you like to discuss, etc.

🤦🏾‍♀️Do you realize you keep trying to grill me for the things that you actually do? I’m calling out your hypocrisy. Speak on what you want, but stop trying to deter conversations or get us to drop subjects. That indeed is the point of the forum. We have opinions and discussions. It is what it is, and if you don’t like us talking about IPs, again, you have options.

Things are going to be repeated. That’s the way it is. You’ve been here less than two years. I’ve been here for six. I’ve seen a lot more things repeated here than you have, I believe. I’m not complaining.

mickEblu

However no one ever said stop complaining though, I just ask a question when someone said they themselves were complaining.

The echo chamber in this case though is the Disney Fandom, and there are many sides to that fandom. Its not like we are discussing with another group outside of that fandom. That is what makes it an echo chamber.

I wasn’t directing my comments at you. Just responding to your post but speaking in general about communication on this site.

I’m not sure I understand your second paragraph. I thought by echo chamber you meant we all end up saying the same things over here and repeating each other. My point was that we ALL repeat ourselves on this site. Both sides of the discussion. For any given recurring topic, it’s the same rebuttals back and forth

mickEblu

Oh and I agree, it the same conversations over and over. And its familiar because its the same conversation on all of these boards because its many of the same people. The board might be different but its the same posters that just moved the conversation.

Ya I mean there’s like 15 of us. Lol. I like that we’re a small group here but we could probably use another 20-30 new posters/ fresh blood ... who inevitably will just say the same things we re saying now. Lol

D

Deleted member 107043

I think the issue is when folks use the whole “stop complaining” thing as a way to shut down an argument or as this sort of superiority trump card.

Maybe it's just my lack of empathy on this subject, but I don't see anyone saying "stop complaining" here. Now perhaps that's what some are reading, but that certainly isn't what I'm intending to say. In this discussion I'm poking, prodding, and trying to ask questions in an attempt to better understand the mindset of fans who cling to what Disneyland represented in the past yet continue to tolerate and accept the company's stream of IP output despite their vocal displeasure with the direction things are headed. So far I've learned nothing other than challenging the views of Disneyland fans will most likely strike a nerve and if you don't like what's being said go somewhere else.

I'll own whatever contributions I've made to the latest uproar in this thread, and I apologize for taking things off track, but I also stand by my views and comments. They were never intended to flat out tell someone to stop doing anything.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Did I say you should leave? I said you have the option. And yes, if you or anyone else don’t like the discussions here, you and others should consider leaving and finding a forum that suits your style, what you like to discuss, etc.

🤦🏾‍♀️Do you realize you keep trying to grill me for the things that you actually do? I’m calling out your hypocrisy. Speak on what you want, but stop trying to deter conversations or get us to drop subjects. That indeed is the point of the forum. We have opinions and discussions. It is what it is, and if you don’t like us talking about IPs, again, you have options.

Things are going to be repeated. That’s the way it is. You’ve been here less than two years. I’ve been here for six. I’ve seen a lot more things repeated here than you have, I believe. I’m not complaining.

I may be only a "member" here posting for 2 years, but I am not new to this or any other board.

As for my posting about discussions I have an opinion on, I'm going to continue doing that. If you choose to ignore me or whatever that is up to you. But I'm not going to stop posting just because you or anyone else has displeasure in something I post.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wasn’t directing my comments at you. Just responding to your post but speaking in general about communication on this site.

I’m not sure I understand your second paragraph. I thought by echo chamber you meant we all end up saying the same things over here and repeating each other. My point was that we ALL repeat ourselves on this site. Both sides of the discussion. For any given recurring topic, it’s the same rebuttals back and forth

I never thought you were directing your comments directly to me Bruh... :)

Californian Elitist

I may be only a "member" here posting for 2 years, but I am not new to this or any other board.

As for my posting about discussions I have an opinion on, I'm going to continue doing that. If you choose to ignore me or whatever that is up to you. But I'm not going to stop posting just because you or anyone else has displeasure in something I post.

😐You still don’t get it. And yeah, you should already know how it works here.

We will take your advice and do the same, even though you don’t want us to.

Thanks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
😐You still don’t get it. And yeah, you should already know how it works here.

We will take your advice and do the same, even though you don’t want us to.

Thanks.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. But do what you feel is right for you, and I will do the same. Point is I shouldn't feel that I can't post an opinion just because you don't like. So if I want to say, "Oh another IP discussion, here we go", I should be able to. Just like you should be able to post, "I don't like xyz IP being put in the parks". Its the flow of discussion back and forth.

Californian Elitist

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. But do what you feel is right for you, and I will do the same. Point is I shouldn't feel that I can't post an opinion just because you don't like. So if I want to say, "Oh another IP discussion, here we go", I should be able to. Just like you should be able to post, "I don't like xyz IP being put in the parks". Its the flow of discussion back and forth.

No need to feel sorry about my feelings. I feel people have the right to say what they want, no matter how many times. You apparently don’t feel the same. There’s a difference between saying “here we go again” and “please stop talking about IP,” something you’ve actually said.

Please take your own advice.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No need to feel sorry about my feelings. I feel people have the right to say what they want, no matter how many times. You apparently don’t feel the same. There’s a difference between saying “here we go again” and “please stop talking about IP,” something you’ve actually said.

Please take your own advice.

Please go back and find an actual post where I actually said "stop talking about IP". What I may have said was a feeling about why we continue to talk about it, but never said actually stop talking about IP. So I think you may be misunderstanding what I posted.

Also if any of my posts ever came across as saying "Stop Talking" about a particular topic I apologize. But that was never my intent.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Please go back and find an actual post where I actually said "stop talking about IP". What I may have said was a feeling about why we continue to talk about it, but never said actual stop talking about IP. So I think you may be misunderstanding what I posted.

I’m not about to scroll through multiple threads in this forum and find your posts. You’ve said something to the likes of it. When I first brought up you trying to steer us away from talking about IP, you didn’t deny it. It is what it is.

We’re not going to stop bringing up and talking about IP. I’m not going to encourage you to stop talking about what you want to discuss. I’d appreciate it if you let us discuss what we want without trying to get us not to.

I’ve said what I wanted to say.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m not about to scroll through multiple threads in this forum and find your posts. You’ve said something to the likes of it. When I first brought up you trying to steer us away from talking about IP, you didn’t deny it. It is what it is.

We’re not going to stop bringing up and talking about IP. I’m not going to encourage you to stop talking about what you want to discuss. I’d appreciate it if you let us discuss what we want without trying to get us not to.

I appreciate your view point, but at the same time feel like you don't appreciate mine. So all I can say is that I will continue to post as I have, as should you, and if you feel that is not acceptable to you then you are free to ignore me.

Ismael Flores

According to a cast member, ITTBAB is going down for "refurbishment" starting on 3/19. But that doesn't make sense since it's not listed anywhere to go down for refurbishment. Which makes me believe the rumour that it is closing is in fact true.
If iTTBAB is going bye bye for good it would be fun if they took the awesome animatronics inside the theater and placed them as a train bite somewhere within Pixar Pier.
Better then just putting them in a wherehouse.

Maybe they can use them as store decor but have them working

FigmentForver96

Lol some people clearly don't get it 😂😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom