News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's Tough to Be a Bug! is rumoured to be closing for good at the end of this weekend. It seems no announcement will be made but who knows.

It was rumored to be closing at the end of 2017, then the end of January, then the end of February (if I remember correctly), and its still open. Point is this rumor has been going on for awhile now, so I wouldn't believe this specific weekend over any of the other of the rumored closures.

When it closes then it closes. I just wish they would hurry up and close it so these false closure rumor posts stop happening.

Silvia21

It was rumored to be closing at the end of 2017, then the end of January, then the end of February (if I remember correctly), and its still open. Point is this rumor has been going on for awhile now, so I wouldn't believe this specific weekend over any of the other of the rumored closures.

When it closes then it closes. I just wish they would hurry up and close it so these false closure rumor posts stop happening.

This is from a reliable source that just popped up this week. Seems they just want to quietly get rid of it. Probably to put in some new attraction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is from a reliable source that just popped up this week. Seems they just want to quietly get rid of it. Probably to put in some new attraction.

The rumor is that Marvel Land is going to take over Bug's Land. So unless they are ready to start construction on that, I don't see that happening yet. The current rumors is they will announce this summer at Comic-Con when Marvel Land will start construction. And at that time is when Bug's Land will close, end of summer.

Also with a large section of DCA closed, Pixar Pier, I wouldn't think they would close it until that is back up. Which gets back to the rumor of it closing end of summer.

But thanks for the rumor. We'll see if it actually happens.

Silvia21

The rumor is that Marvel Land is going to take over Bug's Land. So unless they are ready to start construction on that, I don't see that happening yet. The current rumors is they will announce this summer at Comic-Con when Marvel Land will start construction. And at that time is when Bug's Land will close, end of summer.

Also with a large section of DCA closed, Pixar Pier, I wouldn't think they would close it until that is back up. Which gets back to the rumor of it closing end of summer.

But thanks for the rumor. We'll see if it actually happens.
I'm talking about just Bug's Life Theater. The rest of Bug's Land will probably stay open for at least a few more months.

D

Deleted member 107043

The rumor is that Marvel Land is going to take over Bug's Land.

Can you imagine how anxious Disney must be to get more Marvel experiences and attractions into the US parks after the success of Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok? It also looks like they have another monster Marvel hit coming with the new Avengers movie:

In a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 moviegoers who snapped up Infinity War tickets this morning:

–97% can’t wait to see how dozens of heroes work together in the same film
–94% are excited to see different franchise characters (Guardians, Avengers, etc.) meeting one another for the first time.
–92% see “Infinity War” as the culmination of all of the MCU films before it.
–87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
–71% saw Black Panther on the big screen.
–60% claim Black Panther made them even more excited to see Avengers: Infinity War.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...ance-ticket-sales-record-fandango-1202339516/

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm talking about just Bug's Life Theater. The rest of Bug's Land will probably stay open for at least a few more months.

That makes even less sense. But hey I'm all for it if it happens. I just hope if it does happen they just don't turn it into a permanent movie preview location.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Can you imagine how anxious Disney must be to get more Marvel experiences and attractions into the US parks after the success of Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok? It also looks like they have another monster Marvel hit coming with the new Avengers movie:

In a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 moviegoers who snapped up Infinity War tickets this morning:

–97% can’t wait to see how dozens of heroes work together in the same film
–94% are excited to see different franchise characters (Guardians, Avengers, etc.) meeting one another for the first time.
–92% see “Infinity War” as the culmination of all of the MCU films before it.
–87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
–71% saw Black Panther on the big screen.
–60% claim Black Panther made them even more excited to see Avengers: Infinity War.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...ance-ticket-sales-record-fandango-1202339516/

Although all of this discussion should be in the Marvel thread, I'm all for them moving forward with the Marvel Land plan as quick as possible. Marvel has too much success for this plan to continue to be delayed.

mickEblu

That makes even less sense. But hey I'm all for it if it happens. I just hope if it does happen they just don't turn it into a permanent movie preview location.

Hopefully If it does go away, it doesn’t sit there as a movie preview center for years to come or almost as bad, a Marvel 4D experience. I have to imagine that Disney would never create another 3D/4D experience... at least in Anaheim with so many APs.

mickEblu

Although all of this discussion should be in the Marvel thread, I'm all for them moving forward with the Marvel Land plan as quick as possible. Marvel has too much success for this plan to continue to be delayed.

Although I doubt Marvel land will be as charming as Bugs Land, I’ll certainly get more use out of it. Not because I’m excited for any of the IP, but a couple more high tech thrill rides at the resort would be nice.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hopefully If it does go away, it doesn’t sit there as a movie preview center for years to come or almost as bad, a Marvel 4D experience. I have to imagine that Disney would never create another 3D/4D experience... at least in Anaheim with so many APs.

Not saying this is going to happen, or even want it to happen, but if there is another delay with Marvel Land a Marvel 4D experience wouldn't be a surprise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Although I doubt Marvel land will be as charming as Bugs Land, I’ll certainly get more use out of it. Not because I’m excited for any of the IP, but a couple more high tech thrill rides at the resort would be nice.

Obviously I have a soft spot for Marvel, but I'm all for more thrills in DCA. I believe DCA should have been used more for thrill experiences, but we only got a couple. So we'll see if the Avengers coaster and Spider-Man brings the thrills.

mickEblu

Well since its already a 4D theater it wouldn't cost very much. Basically it'd be theming, effects, and film changes. For example if they changed it to be a Ant-Man and Wasp attraction you wouldn't have to change much. Even keeping most of the theming.

True. TBH I have no idea what these things cost but on the other hand TDA is over here rehteming existing churro carts with 2D cut outs so...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
True. TBH I have no idea what these things cost but on the other hand TDA is over here rehteming existing churro carts with 2D cut outs so...

In fact thinking about it more, they might actually be doing just that. If this rumored closure is true, changing it over to Ant-Man and Wasp. There is a new Ant-Man and Wasp movie coming out in July, so it would be perfect timing.

mickEblu

In fact thinking about it more, they might actually be doing just that. If this rumored closure is true, changing it over to Ant-Man and Wasp. There is a new Ant-Man and Wasp movie coming out in July, so it would be perfect timing.

You could be right. Ant man would feel organic there. Would definitely prefer something where we re moving on a track of some sort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom