News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

dweezil78

That's the Churro Stand from Bugs Land being moved to replace the Paradise Pier Churro Stand.

Why do you a all think the cheap overlay on a churro cart is so challenging to make that they'd rather move (and still have to redo) the cart from Bug's Land to Pixar Pier instead of just adding another overlay to the cart that's already there? There are all kinds of unique food service carts around the resort, but this one you think is so special?

mickEblu

Why do you a all think the cheap overlay on a churro cart is so challenging to make that they'd rather move (and still have to redo) the cart from Bug's Land to Pixar Pier instead of just adding another overlay to the cart that's already there? There are all kinds of unique food service carts around the resort, but this one you think is so special?

If you look closely it has the exact same shape/ features as the Bugs Land cart, not the Paradise Pier one. Sure I guess they could transform the Paradise Pier cart to look like the one from Bugs Land but why would the Buzz cart be identical to the one currently in Bugs Land?

dweezil78

If you look closely it has the exact same shape/ features as the Bugs Land cart, not the Paradise Pier one. Sure I guess they could transform the Paradise Pier cart to look like the one from Bugs Land but why would the Buzz cart be identical to the one currently in Bugs Land?

You may all be right... who knows, it's always entirely possible. But it's just as possible they're re-using the same template used for the Bug's cart too. For all we know, when they made that, they created duplicates for future use. It's not like that kinda stuff is going to break the bank.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

@George Lucas on a Bench

MiceAge ripped off your Roller Coaster Tycoon comparison

"But here’s where things fall a bit flat. Did you ever play Rollercoaster Tycoon? These new fast food joints look like boxes plopped down in a carnival. Perhaps it’s just the concept art, but the images remind me a lot of the punny DCA 1.0 “design by sign” aesthetic."
Hey, I made that photoshop of Bob on the cover of the box!!!! I'm gonna find it...standby.

mickEblu

You may all be right... who knows, it's always entirely possible. But it's just as possible they're re-using the same template used for the Bug's cart too. For all we know, when they made that, they created duplicates for future use. It's not like that kinda stuff is going to break the bank.

Possibly But based on the budget of this project, overall tacky approach and the fact Bugs Land is rumored to go away soon I put my bet on it being the one from Bugs Land. The question then is what would they do with the existing Paradise Pier cart? Does Pixar Pier need two churro carts? I need this churro cart mystery solved.

Phroobar

Possibly But based on the budget of this project, overall tacky approach and the fact Bugs Land is rumored to go away soon I put my bet on it being the one from Bugs Land. The question then is what would they do with the existing cart? Does Pixar Pier need two churro carts? I need this churro cart mystery solved.
It will probably be swapped out and added to inventory somewhere else. They will probably reskin it jungle/black panther themed and put it in front of Muppets. It can't be more than a few thousand to reskin it anyway. That is a minor line item in the project. Two days work at most for the print department.

dweezil78

Possibly But based on the budget of this project, overall tacky approach and the fact Bugs Land is rumored to go away soon I put my bet on it being the one from Bugs Land. The question then is what would they do with the existing Paradise Pier cart? Does Pixar Pier need two churro carts? I need this churro cart mystery solved.

Well in this scenario, if it does happen, I'm assuming they'd just strip it, turn it generic, and swap it with the one they steal from Bug's Land. (Unless the closure of BL is imminent).

Ismael Flores

They will just end up doing the same thing they did with all the old ice cream carts. Paint them, add some wheels and use them to sell glow in the dark $20.00 flashing toys and bubble makers. It will be advertised as a new float for the vendor parade that they will have before and after the re-premier of Paint the night. ;-)

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

@George Lucas on a Bench

MiceAge ripped off your Roller Coaster Tycoon comparison

"But here’s where things fall a bit flat. Did you ever play Rollercoaster Tycoon? These new fast food joints look like boxes plopped down in a carnival. Perhaps it’s just the concept art, but the images remind me a lot of the punny DCA 1.0 “design by sign” aesthetic."

That post looks like it was conceived on the WDWMagic DL subforum.

Suspirian

Thats possible. It just odd since those carts are meant to look like ripped open boxes. I guess that coincides with the rest of the toy story "neighborhood" With the chicken box shack and the giant jesse statue

TROR

SCOOP: The Sun Wheel is returning.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.23.10 PM.png

dweezil78

Thats possible. It just odd since those carts are meant to look like ripped open boxes. I guess that coincides with the rest of the toy story "neighborhood" With the chicken box shack and the giant jesse statue

Well, one thing is for sure -- they are either reusing the actual cart itself or the schematics used to build the overlay. That much is clear! It's just weird to me that they'd repaint and move an old cart when they're already going to be building out a new shell for Don Tomas.

No Name

Fluff piece by the Robert Nile River of Bull.

This one is far more idiotic and inaccurate than usual. In fact this might be the most trash Theme Park Insider article ever. Does he actually hold these opinions or is he selling himself out? I would pick it apart piece by piece but I think that would be unnecessary and a waste of my time. The most logical thing he says is "Hey, I am the idiot..."

Last edited:

__r.jr

Article by the Robert Nile River of Bull****.

This one is far more idiotic and inaccurate than usual. In fact this might be the most trash Theme Park Insider article ever. I would pick it apart piece by piece but I think that would be unnecessary and a waste of my time. It is not at all the same situation as the ToT. The most logical thing he says is "Hey, I am the idiot..."

I could bowl a perfect game for how much I rolled my eyes after each paragraph reading.

"If you talk with any designer at Disney, he or she inevitably will come back to the company's number-one talking point about new theme park attractions — story." -Robert Niles.

Story? Walt Disney Imagineering makes such a big show out of how everything they do is driven by "story." There’s an elaborate narrative for every new restaurant much less a massive E-Ticket. I don’t think it’s fair for Disney to tout its dedication to story when doing so suits its interest, but expect fans to turn a blind eye to story when it doesn’t. Questioning what the narrative, theme, quality, how it works, etc., is not being nit picky or over analytical–it’s holding Imagineering to its own high standards…ones that WDI so regularly touts.

The lack of critical thinking here is entertaining at least. Disregard themed entertainment design (the thing that made Disney parks renowned) so long as "it's fun within itself, nothing else matters" or "just make it fun and ignore the bigger theme park around it" because that's exactly what Pixar Pier does.

mickEblu

Fluff piece by the Robert Nile River of Bull****.

This one is far more idiotic and inaccurate than usual. In fact this might be the most trash Theme Park Insider article ever. Does he actually hold these opinions or is he selling himself out? I would pick it apart piece by piece but I think that would be unnecessary and a waste of my time. The most logical thing he says is "Hey, I am the idiot..."

Lol this guy is a joke.

“Pixar is the story book” of his kids childhood. Fine but where do you see any story in this land outside of whatever self referential thing is going on at the Incredicoaster? What time and place are we being brought to?

This next one really has me laughing.... “instead of a bunch of unthemed eateries along the boardwalk now we will get vendors themed to Monsters Inc, Toy Story..” lol, what ? So a cut out of Senior Buzz on a churro cart is “themed” but a cart themed to look like it’s from an old seaside amusement park isn’t?

We get it dude. You like your job and the perks you get from Disney and don’t want to lose them.

Man, that article was painful.

Last edited:

Hattieboxghost110

Fluff piece by the Robert Nile River of Bull****.

Dude. As someone who used to read TPI, it's a shame how low Robert has gotten. Sell-out is quite right. I pretty much lost all respect for the dude when he named the water coaster at Volcano Bay as the best "roller-coaster" of the year. :banghead:

If want to look at the worst theme park discussion forum on the web, go to TPI forums. The most popular thread right now is how Disney Springs should be considered a theme park. NOT LYIN! Just because it has live entertainment, unique dining, and some minor attractions.

Robert is definitely not a Bruh & is forbidden from ever joining the Bruh Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom