News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Rich T

I don't know, I loved the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground area. I also love Bugs Land and the long gone Fivel's Play Land. Being tiny in a giant forest of grass and large everyday objects is a fun idea. Seeing a giant Happy Meal in the middle of a pier is tacky and DCA 1.0.
The HISTK playground was a great idea, although kinda gross, humid, sticky and unpleasant in reality. Bug's Land's best feature was the genius use of bamboo. Inner Space and Body Wars were neat rides. Ratatouille's gonna be shrinking guests in Epcot soon. That's enough with the shrinking theme. Disney, you've literally got nearly a century of films to draw from. Please don't tell me genuine creativity is forbidden at Imagineering these days.

Last edited:

Professortango1

The HISTK playground was a great idea, although kinda gross, humid, sticky and unpleasant in reality. Bug's Land's best feature was the genius use of bamboo. Inner Space and Body Wars were neat rides. Ratatouille's gonna be shrinking guests in Epcot soon. That's enough with the shrinking theme. Disney, you're literally got nearly a century of films to draw from. Please don't tell me genuine creativity is forbidden at Imagineering these days.

I'm just saying, being in Andy's Backyard as the size of a toy is a great concept. It isn't executed too creatively, but still more cohesive and endearing than Pixar Pier.

Californian Elitist

I don't think anyone ever dreamed of visiting Andy's back yard. Wow. A suburban back yard full of junk. Woo. Hoo. And that said, it's STILL less gross than Pixar Pier.

This is exactly what I initially thought and still think about TSL. I’ve never thought about going to Andy’s room, backyard, school, whatever. And I don’t care to.

George Lucas on a Bench

Disney loves making us the size of tiny Pixar characters in their theme parks. Or is it the other way around? It's some Wayne Szalinski crap. Either way, I don't like it. I remember seeing the Toy Story characters in the theme park as a child and questioning even then why they were enormous. Now, they have giant 50 foot statues of Buzz Lightyears.

????

DisneyFan18

All of this looks like cheap, tacky, weird (Señor Buzz with churros as a typical Mexican mustache? What in the actual ****??) bullsh*t. The more news regarding Disneyland that’s released, the less sad I feel about letting my AP lapse, starting next year. No SWL or Pixar Pier for me. Sounds good to me.

Trash, trash, TRASH. Wow.😑🤦🏾‍♀️👎🏾
I completely agree on the critique to Señor Churro, it’s not like they have a well received Pixar movie based on Mexico or something like that...

Hattieboxghost110

I'll take Toy Story Land over this monstrosity any day..

At least Toy Story Land isn't as tacky as Pixar Pier, at least we don't get tacky hot dog stands or Ice cream shops or an ugly carousel. At least we have two newly built rides and aren't a reskin of a former coaster.

Execution aside, TSL at least has some sort of coherent place it's trying to create. Pixar Pier just makes absolutely no sense.

See what I'm talking about, Grand Canyon. At least us DL folks are keeping it real here about how awful PP is. You guys just keep your head in the sand and refuse to criticize the crap that is TSL.

The only one I see that has the stones to call a spade a spade about TSL is Marni. Disneyhead is wishy-washy about it going back and forth how it's value-engineered, but then praises the "rides." (Mater only works because it's a companion piece to RSR)

Legit question. Does TSL even have 1 functional Animatronic in the whole 11 acre, 9 figure budget land (not counting TSM)? Hell as crappy as PP is, at least we're getting an AA, whereas before we had 0 AA's.

http://www./2018/03/animatronic-lux...guests-entrance-pixar-pier-disneyland-resort/

shortstop

See what I'm talking about, Grand Canyon. At least us DL folks are keeping it real here about how awful PP is. You guys just keep your head in the sand and refuse to criticize the crap that is TSL.

The only one I see that has the stones to call a spade a spade about TSL is Marni. Disneyhead is wishy-washy about it going back and forth how it's value-engineered, but then praises the "rides." (Mater only works because it's a companion piece to RSR)

Legit question. Does TSL even have 1 functional Animatronic in the whole 11 acre, 9 figure budget land (not counting TSM)? Hell as crappy as PP is, at least we're getting an AA, whereas before we had 0 AA's.

http://www./2018/03/animatronic-lux...guests-entrance-pixar-pier-disneyland-resort/
I know this is the DL forum, but you keep pushing this annoying anti-WDW agenda. Plenty of people are unimpressed with TSL on the WDW forum. But at the end of the day, it’s all the same company, so taking shots at one resort vs. the other is just pointless.

Hattieboxghost110

The budget for this area is, as you might glean from the concept art, minimal to an embarrassing degree. Meanwhile, Toy Story Land at WDW sucks up $200 million+, proving that money can't buy everything.

I haven't spoken to a single person in WDI who doesn't hate Pixar Pier. They're embarrassed by it, and they should be.

Which is why I think Pixar Pier won't last more than 10 years. This is a placeholder until the land gets an ACTUAL BUDGET!

Hattieboxghost110

I know this is the DL forum, but you keep pushing this annoying anti-WDW agenda. Plenty of people are unimpressed with TSL on the WDW forum. But at the end of the day, it’s all the same company, so taking shots at one resort vs. the other is just pointless.

Lol I'm literally saying PP sucks. But I'm also saying that TSL sucks due to wasted potential. So that makes me anti-wdw? You know that criticism is a healthy thing, right?

(PS All my criticism about WDW and DL is usually on the money, sorry if the truth hurts.)

brb1006

They have an AA Weezy that appears to be found as you are entering the Slinky coaster.
e197cc10-1e11-448c-8e24-78eb32ab7ea8-jpeg.269775

Professortango1

Too bad it won't be ready in time. I also wonder how they got around the Luxo lawsuit which prevented them from having the animated Luxo Jr in DHS.

Hattieboxghost110

By the way, I put my money where my mouth is. I stopped visiting DCA once they got rid of my 3 favorite attractions: Soarin' over California, TOT, & Aladdin Show.

It sucks because I LOVE DCA and it was going in a great direction up until 2015. The last cool addition was the conversion of Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak Airfield. I thought Condor Flats was horrible and the worst land in DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom