News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Hatbox Ghostbuster

...Oh hey look, new Pixar Pier renderings...

giphy.gif

Hattieboxghost110

Suddenly losing The Great Movie Ride doesn't seem so bad, some park always has it worse :eek:

Yup, the award for biggest pile of trash goes to Toy Story Land at Disney Hollywood Studios. 11 acres, 2 new low-capacity mediocre rides, and 300 million dollars of crap.

Paradise Pier was always a weak land, but now it's just a weak land with Pixar IP.

Toy Story Land has a 9 figure dollar budget, a blank slate, a massive plot of land and that's the best they can come up with? For shame!

dweezil78

Yup, the award for biggest pile of trash goes to Toy Story Land at Disney Hollywood Studios. 11 acres, 2 new low-capacity mediocre rides, and 300 million dollars of crap.

Paradise Pier was always a weak land, but now it's just a weak land with Pixar IP.

Toy Story Land has a 9 figure dollar budget, a blank slate, a massive plot of land and that's the best they can come up with? For shame!

My sentiments exactly... Something something about lipstick on a pig.

Little Green Men

No thanks, I'll take TSL over Pixar Pier. It looks like the best TSL to date (which isn't saying much) with its launch coaster and a Mater style attraction. It will finally utilize the old backlot tour area and give TSMM a better purpose than a stand alone studio. PP is a totally unnecessary overlay for a land that only needed a few tweaks instead of a cheap character change up and muddled themeing.

Hattieboxghost110

No thanks, I'll take TSL over Pixar Pier. It looks like the best TSL to date (which isn't saying much) with its launch coaster and a Mater style attraction. It will finally utilize the old backlot tour area and give TSMM a better purpose than a stand alone studio. PP is a totally unnecessary overlay for a land that only needed a few tweaks instead of a cheap character change up and muddled themeing.

Nah, dawg. Both lands suck.

The difference is that Disneylanders will call a spade a spade if something is crappy while my East Coast friends will do the opposite by saying things like, "this will be the BEST TSL in all the world!" Come on bruh, that's like being the skinny kid in fat camp.

The reason TSL is worse than PP is because of its wasted opportunity. All that cash, size, and premium real estate to be thrown away for a barely themed kiddie coaster, whip ride, and crappy theming. My prediction is that PP is temporary, lasting no more than 10 years while TSL is a permanent land.

Professortango1

Toy Story Land looks cheap, but it still works as a land. We're in Andy's backyard. Slinky looks fun and their TSMM has a superior queue/loading area.

Pixar Pier looks like an ugly hot mess. Its an old school pier, with a Mid Century Modern house and influences in one part. Then it has cheap tacky food stands with cut outs. One looks like a used happy meal. While seeing giant trash works for A Bugs Land, it comes across as tacky and odd when plopped down on a normal-sized pier with nothing else around it. Add a really weak re-theme to a Carousel that won't even be ready till next year and the chance to eat some snowcones that might contain urine, and you have a recipe for a huge dud.

brb1006

At least Toy Story Land isn't as tacky as Pixar Pier, at least we don't get tacky hot dog stands or Ice cream shops or an ugly carousel. At least we have two newly built rides and aren't a reskin of a former coaster.

Last edited:

Professortango1

I don't think anyone ever dreamed of visiting Andy's back yard. Wow. A suburban back yard full of junk. Woo. Hoo. And that said, it's STILL less gross than Pixar Pier.

I don't know, I loved the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground area. I also love Bugs Land and the long gone Fivel's Play Land. Being tiny in a giant forest of grass and large everyday objects is a fun idea. Seeing a giant Happy Meal in the middle of a pier is tacky and DCA 1.0.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom