News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

__r.jr

*WARNING*
Controversial Opinions Ahead
*WARNING*

GotG fits better with Hollywoodland than ToT did. Hollywoodland is not what everyone claims for it to be. Everyone says Hollywoodland is a representation of 1930s Hollywood. I'm sorry, but the only 1930s Hollywood in that land is the Red Car Trolley. Nothing else is 1930s. Hollywoodland is a backlot. Its a land themed to the movie making process California has. Tower of Terror was a 1930s Hotel loosely based on the Twilight Zone. It still fits, but not as much as GotG does.

As it stands, Mission: Breakout! has no thematic or narrative tissue connected onto its placement in its "land" and the overarching theme park.

The explanation how it exist is based upon an abrupt explosion and is self referential onto its surroundings. Nothing more.

Tower of Terror is an abandoned, once glamorized, haunted Hollywood hotel placed in a "land" dedicated to the golden era of cinema in a theme park about an idealized, romanticized California that never was and always will be.

It's abundantly clear Tower of Terror fit thematically and cohesively uncontestedly more than Mission: Breakout! ever could.

And that is with despite Hollywood Land never getting the full overhaul as it was hinted and implied 11 years ago.

Hattieboxghost110

I think WDW's TOT is going to be losing the TTZ theme but will still be TOT just like WDS in Paris is getting.

I don't know man. Though I hate to go against a member of the HOB, I doubt Disney executives are going to pass up the opportunity of shoehorning IP into their park. I'm also not convinced TOT will not receive the same treatment in the foreseeable future.

shortstop

I don't know man. Though I hate to go against a member of the HOB, I doubt Disney executives are going to pass up the opportunity of shoehorning IP into their park. I'm also not convinced TOT will not receive the same treatment in the foreseeable future.
It was considered but shot down. There’s no reason for them to do that.

Hattieboxghost110

I like RobPlays tbh but he'd also probably be on board with rebuilding a bigger Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Yea, I don't agree with the dude on many things, but he makes some good points here.

There's been a few times where we've gotten into a little war, back and forth. Lol He got his panties in a bunch because I said Disneyland was better than MK. He used the line, well every resort is special in their own way and there is no such thing as a better park. Talk about a cop out amiright?

Curious Constance

1520785865251.png

mickEblu

Ikr. Like wth, talk about a stretch.

So dude, I would like to hear your thoughts on WDW TOT. Do you think think it's:

A. Staying the way it is permanently
B. Lose the Twilight Zone theme, but stay TOT a la Tokyo TOT.
C. Get rethemed to Disney owned IP

Honestly Bruhski, Im going with B. Not only because B is for Bruh but I think it ll probably stay the same for another 3-5 years (or however long they have the rights) and they ll drop the ties to TZ. I thank whoever went to bat for it at WDO because they likely saved the old Hollywood/ Haunted Hotel theme, albeit without the TZ factor. Losing Rod sterling’s narrartion and other ties would suck but still 100x better than MB.

What gives me hope that it won’t be Marvel-fied is that GOTG went to Epcot and the only other Marvel IP they can use there is Dr. Strange I believe. So is that worth a retheme? I haven’t seen it but there doesn’t seem to be very much buzz around that IP. So I’d say no.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom