News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

180º

My beef w/ video pre-shows is that they don't spend what amounts to almost nothing to update those things when they start looking crazy out of date. Especially the pre-widescreen HD video stuff. Looking at you Phylicia...

DinosaurLorenJavier.jpg
No!!! This is my favorite pre-show video ever and I think the awkward, lousy projection room totally works for the museum aesthetic. I'm all for calling Disney out for media upgrades where they're needed (ToT hallway window comes to mind, as do some of the uncalibrated Disneyland HM projection effects) but the Dinosaur pre-show has aged like a fine, awkward wine. And that's without even mentioning the gifts to this world that are Dr. Marsh and Dr. Seeker. @Kira Nerys, back me up on this.

Dinosaur rant aside, I mostly agree with you about pre-shows in general. The one in Mission: SPACE was always boring and now it's still boring. Not offensive, just boring enough that I look forward to getting on with the queue. Most video pre-shows are like that.

And Dr. Stevens from FoP can take a long walk off a short cliff. That pre-show was torture.

dweezil78

No!!! This is my favorite pre-show video ever and I think the awkward, lousy projection room totally works for the museum aesthetic. I'm all for calling Disney out for media upgrades where they're needed (ToT hallway window comes to mind, as do some of the uncalibrated Disneyland HM projection effects) but the Dinosaur pre-show has aged like a fine, awkward wine. And that's without even mentioning the gifts to this world that are Dr. Marsh and Dr. Seeker. @Kira Nerys, back me up on this.

Dinosaur rant aside, I mostly agree with you about pre-shows in general. The one in Mission: SPACE was always boring and now it's still boring. Not offensive, just boring enough that I look forward to getting on with the queue. Most video pre-shows are like that.

And Dr. Stevens from FoP can take a long walk off a short cliff. That pre-show was torture.

Lol, fine you can keep your pants suited Claire Huxtable VHS museum pre-show. I will back down!

TROR

I could be wrong, as I'm certainly no Disneyland expert but could the TOT conversion be related to the Marvel expansion coming to that area? Perhaps the conversion will lend itself to a more cohesive land when complete.

If it does happen it'll be bad

Also, to each is own but this TOT version was always the inferior version of what HS has. I actually like th e GOTG conversion!
With that being said. They should not touch the HS version!!!
Idc if our TOT was inferior, it was still better than MB.

Hattieboxghost110

They should not touch the HS version!!!

You do realize that WDW TOT days are numbered right? The only reason they haven't shut the ride down to convert it is that there is only currently 4 rides in that pathetic park. (Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, RNRC, TOT)

Once Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land opens, TOT will be converted to a Disney owned IP.

Shigg. W. McGee

If it does happen it'll be bad

Idc if our TOT was inferior, it was still better than MB.
I have a theory about DCA and Marvel. I do believe the rumors that Marvel was supposed to occupy both the backlot and the space behind Tower (with possibly a large show building occupying most of that space). As the area wouldn't have been set in Old Hollywood, Tower would've stood out, and would have to be removed. HOWEVER, Mission Breakout also wasn't designed to fit into the new Marvel, and was designed to promote GOTG Vol. 2. I believe what I remember hearing is that Mission Breakout is only supposed to last 10 years or so, after which it will be demolished and replaced with something better fitting the theme (Metropolitan California / NY). But, then the Eastern Gateway was cancelled and everything was thrown into chaos, with MB being the current only vestige of Marvel in DCA.

Shigg. W. McGee

I may be completely wrong about this, but I would have been fine with that plan, were it the case. I think the rumor also involved keeping the Hyperion as part of Hollywoodland, and connecting the backlot and MB with a path behind it.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

You do realize that WDW TOT days are numbered right? The only reason they haven't shut the ride down to convert it is that there is only currently 4 rides in that pathetic park. (Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, RNRC, TOT)

Once Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land opens, TOT will be converted to a Disney owned IP.

images.jpeg

What's this luggage doing here?! Get rid of it! Get rid of it! We need the room! Get rid of that! Out!

Disneylover152

I could be wrong, as I'm certainly no Disneyland expert but could the TOT conversion be related to the Marvel expansion coming to that area? Perhaps the conversion will lend itself to a more cohesive land when complete.

Also, to each is own but this TOT version was always the inferior version of what HS has. I actually like th e GOTG conversion!
With that being said. They should not touch the HS version!!!

*WARNING*
Controversial Opinions Ahead
*WARNING*

GotG fits better with Hollywoodland than ToT did. Hollywoodland is not what everyone claims for it to be. Everyone says Hollywoodland is a representation of 1930s Hollywood. I'm sorry, but the only 1930s Hollywood in that land is the Red Car Trolley. Nothing else is 1930s. Hollywoodland is a backlot. Its a land themed to the movie making process California has. Tower of Terror was a 1930s Hotel loosely based on the Twilight Zone. It still fits, but not as much as GotG does.

Please note, I 100% like Tower of Terror better than Mission Breakout and would much rather have Tower of Terror, but I'm just defending Mission Breakout because it really is a better ride than people say it is.

Disneylover152

Personally, I feel Disney would buy the Twilight Zone from CBS to put on their streaming service. Tower of Terror in Disney World is like a Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain of the resort. Too iconic. (There was a reason Iger wanted their to be a TEMPORARY Guardians of the Galaxy overlay to Tower of Terror rather than a permanent overlay)

mickEblu

*WARNING*
*WARNING*

GotG fits better with Hollywoodland than ToT did. Hollywoodland is not what everyone claims for it to be. Everyone says Hollywoodland is a representation of 1930s Hollywood. I'm sorry, but the only 1930s Hollywood in that land is the Red Car Trolley. Nothing else is 1930s. Hollywoodland is a backlot. Its a land themed to the movie making process California has. Tower of Terror was a 1930s Hotel loosely based on the Twilight Zone. It still fits, but not as much as GotG does.

Please note, I 100% like Tower of Terror better than Mission Breakout and would much rather have Tower of Terror, but I'm just defending Mission Breakout because it really is a better ride than people say it is.

Cmon. You can have an opinion on it being a better ride ( it’s not) but it fitting better than TOT in Hollywoodland? Lol

TROR

Personally, I feel Disney would buy the Twilight Zone from CBS to put on their streaming service. Tower of Terror in Disney World is like a Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain of the resort. Too iconic. (There was a reason Iger wanted their to be a TEMPORARY Guardians of the Galaxy overlay to Tower of Terror rather than a permanent overlay)
If that's what Iger wanted why didn't he have that done instead of a permanent one? He is the CEO of the entire company after all.

I think WDW's TOT is going to be losing the TTZ theme but will still be TOT just like WDS in Paris is getting.

*WARNING*
*WARNING*

I know I have bad takes but this one gives them all a run for their money.

Disneylover152

Cmon. You can have an opinion on it being a better ride ( it’s not) but it fitting better than TOT in Hollywoodland? Lol

Hollywoodland isn't based on the Golden Age of Hollywood. Besides the Red Car Trolley, you can't say it is. Its a backlot of the Hollywood we can visit in real life with an hour drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom