News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disneylover152

Ah gotcha... I think instrumental work great for fireworks type shows. Maybe less for parades though!

Well the Pixar Play Parade has all original songs that weren't in their respective movies, or real songs with different lyrics (Bugs Life), with the exception of the Toy Story and Cars Unit.

britain

Check out Dash getting lifted into one of the coaster tunnels.

It looks like theirs going to be projections on this static figure, otherwise I would imagine they would have painted it already.

Nice find! But if they were going to project on this figure, they would not have sculpted irises on his eyeballs.

Curious Constance

I like how it looks like Dash is harassing the construction guy.

1520020985877.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Check out Dash getting lifted into one of the coaster tunnels.

It looks like theirs going to be projections on this static figure, otherwise I would imagine they would have painted it already.

Projection mapping is the future of AAs. However not sure if it'll be completely static though, there is what looks like cables coming out the back. I assume this will hook up to some electronics.

TROR

Like anything, it's all in the execution. The Elsa AA at Epcot is a perfect blend of fluid motion and projection, it's really well done.

Elsa is probably the best example of projection mapping on an animated figure, but even it would look better as a full AA imo. Only example of projection mapping working wonderfully for a character is Madame Leota.

Rich T

I agree overall, though, that in most recent uses, the projection effect on an AA (Elsa, dwarfs) looks interesting but a bit creepy. I think it works fine on RS Racers, though.... except when Luigi's mouth goes wonky and floats all over his face. That's just awful. :D

mickEblu

I agree overall, though, that in most recent uses, the projection effect on an AA (Elsa, dwarfs) looks interesting but a bit creepy. I think it works fine on RS Racers, though.... except when Luigi's mouth goes wonky and floats all over his face. That's just awful. :D

I agree. I think the effect works best on ghosts and anything that is not a humanoid.

meyeet

Sometimes he's had a bit to much vino prior to coming on stage. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom