News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Ismael Flores

Thanks for the art, doesn’t look to bad.
I had hoped that at least a portion of the outside area was going to Be enclosed.
I wonder how long before the place looks dirty and rundown like Ariels grotto. All that mist spraying from the fountains didn’t help the eating area add the winds and all the dust it blows into that area and things start looking grungy

Disneylover152

It doesn't even fit the theme of the pier. Why is there an old abandoned factory that Pixar employees used to go to and brainstorm ideas right next to a land where the Pixar movies come alive. Its like the modern day world combines with the Pixar world. It doesn't make sense. But yet again, none of this makes sense.

EDIT: Sorry @GiveMeTheMusic , accidentally quoted your post.

GiveMeTheMusic

It doesn't even fit the theme of the pier. Why is there an old abandoned factory that Pixar employees used to go to and brainstorm ideas right next to a land where the Pixar movies come alive. Its like the modern day world combines with the Pixar world. It doesn't make sense. But yet again, none of this makes sense.

In that way, they're continuing the theme! Thematic integrity!

Practical Pig

I suppose one could rationalize that the Lasseter Lamplight Lounge sits at the entrance to Pixar Pier, and therefore the fantasy of the manifested characters beyond emanates out from the place from where they were improbably conceived. But that hurts.

The practical effect is still cognitive dissonance.

D

Deleted member 107043

EDIT: Sorry @GiveMeTheMusic , accidentally quoted your post.

What's been revealed about this project so far is all so literally Pixar that I get the impression it was assigned to an empowered team of new college grads in Marketing employed at the Emeryville studios who have little to no previous experience in theme park design. Expect even more bewilderment when they finally Disney-splain this mess of disconnected stories into a "unified" backstory in a future update on The Disney Park Blog.

On a positive note at least it doesn't look as awful as Tomorrowland '98. I suppose it could be worse.

bluerhythym

Not sure what this has to do with a boardwalk, but at least it looks nice. And it'll be very easy to turn into a Monterey canning warehouse when someone realizes what a terrible mistake they've made, and Pixar Pier is re-themed and incorporated into Pacific Wharf!

AB_27

Watched the video on my phone, looking on his youtube channel right now and can't find the video. Luckily, I got a screenshot!
View attachment 266002
Ehhh... it's not that bad. I'll say that the concept art makes it look nice and more than likely will look better irl. But I see in the background that they aren't extending the top tube like in the first piece of concept art realeased in November.

Suspirian

And once again, let's not forget that this whole project is supposedly being done so that folks at WDI can stick it to Chapek and prove themselves as component Imagineers...

This whole project is just really aggravating. You'd think as imagineers, they'd cook up something thats both immersive but still works within what was given to them by the big wigs. Its like they got the idea of pixar pier and thought "ok how can we execute this in the absolute worst way possible?"

smile

What's been revealed about this project so far is all so literally Pixar that I get the impression it was assigned to an empowered team of new college grads in Marketing employed at the Emeryville studios who have little to no previous experience in theme park design. Expect even more bewilderment when they finally Disney-splain this mess of disconnected stories into a "unified" backstory in a future update on The Disney Park Blog.

didney, ju got sum splainin tu duuu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom