News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

The more time that goes by the more ok I am with California Screamin being rethemed. I think the experience will be plussed, especially if they add a show scene or two. I just can’t get too worked up about a launch coaster with a loop that was supposed to be posing as an old wooden coaster from an old timey Pier. A launch coaster actually makes more sense themed to the Incredibles. Now why their home is attached to a coaster on a pier or why we have a land themed to a movie studios various characters is another story. With that said, what explanation is their for Toy Story Mania? Why do we board these vehicles and play games with the Toy Story characters on what is supposed to be some old timey Pier based in California. Point being, I think we scrutinize anything new with a different set of standards for the attractions that already exist because we tend to accept them after enough time has passed.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I thought you were excited about the main street/dumbo/small world construction projects? Or maybe that was your famous sarcasm I didn't pick up on?
Oh I'm excited about those. But I look at those more as maintenance projects rather than new additions. BUT maybe if the actual new additions were actually new additions and worth being excited about, I wouldn't have to rely on Dumbo shade to get my gander up.

mickEblu

Oh I'm excited about those. But I look at those more as maintenance projects rather than new additions. BUT maybe if the actual new additions were actually new additions and worth being excited about, I wouldn't have to rely on Dumbo shade to get my gander up.

Hey don’t forget the news of the Parade entrance by IASW shifting 3 feet to the right. That was a real shot of life.

DanielBB8

I don’t get the obsessing over an area that you’re not going to visit. Adding Pixar to the Pier doesn’t change the equation. It merely adds back characters to an area that Disney wants to advertise as if that’s a betrayal.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
With Pixar Place rumored to close when TSL opens, it'll probably be that exact same lamp. You've cracked the case!

edit: Nevermind, that thing is huge.

Actually thats not that big, its about 3 ft tall. And when you consider the one on the pier will be up high, a larger one makes sense for scale purposes.

Now the only question will be is the sign going to be large enough to house the AA mechanics. If not then I'd say its just going to be a stationary figure or maybe have minimal movement.

Shigg. W. McGee

Actually thats not that big, its about 3 ft tall. And when you consider the one on the pier will be up high, a larger one makes sense for scale purposes.

Now the only question will be is the sign going to be large enough to house the AA mechanics. If not then I'd say its just going to be a stationary figure or maybe have minimal movement.
Wishful thinking, then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom