News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Well, as far as I can tell, it's the only time the lamp will be making an appearance in the land. Just like you see the lamp before a Pixar movie, you see the lamp before you enter.

That makes sense for thematic synergy. I mean it doesn’t really bother me. Still really like the marquee. It’s just when I noticed it after I said “oh the lamp.” I don’t feel like it adds anything aesthetically.

D

Deleted member 107043

@Shiiggydiigg Maybe we're supposed to be entering a Pixar version of a seaside amusement park in some alternate cartoon universe?

I don’t feel like it adds anything aesthetically.

Especially for a California seaside pier. The more I think about it the more rediculous it is. I'm happy to see additions and improvements being made, but very little about this project"s storytelling makes sense to me.

mickEblu

@Shiiggydiigg Maybe we're supposed to be entering a Pixar version of a seaside amusement park in some alternate cartoon universe?

Especially for a California seaside pier. The more I think about it the more rediculous it is. I'm happy to see additions and improvements being made, but very little about this project"s storytelling makes sense to me.

No none of the story telling makes sense but like I said before I think it’s a lot like Fantasyland in that way. Except it’s more character driven than story driven.

Anyway if they put a big ol Lotso AA somewhere all will be forgiven on my end.

Practical Pig

That makes sense for thematic synergy. I mean it doesn’t really bother me. Still really like the marquee. It’s just when I noticed it after I said “oh the lamp.” I don’t feel like it adds anything aesthetically.

Yep. The lamp feels plopped into the rendering like an afterthought. I appreciate the point that @Shiiggydiigg made that supports it's position, but on an integrity of design level, it doesn't belong there.

mickEblu

Subtle storytelling is no longer a thing at WDI apparently.

This is a really good point. It would be like if they put a big ol Pirate sitting on the bridge next to the POTC marquee. Often times less is more.

Now to play devils advocate, I’m not sure “subtle” and a land called “Pixar Pier” can coexist. I think they threw that out the window when they decided to overlay a land to a Movie studios various characters.

TROR

Even though this is a simply pathetic overlay, and this could just be because Mission Breakout ruined any emotion I had towards DCA's future, but I still just don't care about this enough to get angry (and certainly not enough to get excited). Like, it's just so meaningless all around. I don't see how anyone could think Pixar Pier is worth flying from Utah to come see and be wowed by it. I also don't see how it really improves the park. The only people who I think do care or are going to really enjoy Pixar Pier just learned they can't afford to renew their APs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom