News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Rich T

I agree and Ive said for a while that DCA needs a couple more people eating fam friendly dark rides. It would really round out the park nicely. Especially with the extra thrill rides that should be coming with Marvel Land.

Here the tricky part with DL. I wouldn’t want them to rip out charming details and landscaping for wilder walkways at DL. With that said I’m not sure there is much they can do. I think what they ve done so far is fine ( Like what they did with the Adventureland stores / bengal bbq reshuffle) eventhough it just helped a little bit. It’s also rumored they re going to widen the walkways along the ROA in NOS and the Tomorrowland rocks will be gone soon too. I don’t think anyone will lament the loss of the TL rocks and the NOS changes should only come with minor losses (some of those planters with the Cupid (?) statues. There really is only so much they can do with DL as it’s built out. I wish that when they remove those rocks they would put the Astro orbiter back where it belongs and open up the entrance to TL. I think just those two things and doing something with the people mover tracks (preferably bringing them back or anything that could provide some kinetic energy) would have people rejoicing and it would almost feel a new TL or at least a phase one new TL.
The answer to DL's congestion is to just put a tighter limit on how many people are allowed in. Raise the admission price if necessary. The park was not designed to hold the kind of crowds it gets. If you can't make the park bigger, make the crowd smaller.

And stop selling APs. The park will still thrive without them.

JD2000

I am thinking we should begin a new thread dedicated to what people think it would take to get California Adventure closer to the caliber of Disneyland. Should I create one?

Ismael Flores

What DCA really needs is more indoor attractions. It is too bad that half of the park gets shut down or emptied at night because

a) water rides don't do well in the evenings
b) most of the pier shuts down for several hours because of W.O.C.
c) the other side of the park has shows that end their run early in the day leaving little to do in the eastern side of the park.

The biggest problem with the Pixar remodel is the lack of a new dark ride. They could have easily tried and fit a new dark ride by extending the store buildings out into part of the boardwalk like they did Midway Mania and used it as queue and then re-arrang the backstage to fit a show building. I think they could have even kept the idea of the candy shop and small bandstand by reclaiming that huge chunk of unused water area on both sides of the Ferris wheel. there is plenty of room there for a small midway of shops.

Speaking of Pixar Pier, has the flicks flyer been demolished already for re-theming or are they buying a whole new system just to place it in the pier as a inside out.

LOL, i just thought of something. If the old dino sunglass shack was still around it probably would have been themed to the good dinosaur. I'm surprised someone didn't think -- hey we have the old blueprints for that dino shack, lets build it again and put it in Pixar Pier. We save some money and theme it to the "The Good Dinosaur"

Last edited:

Curious Constance

What DCA really needs is more indoor attractions. It is too bad that half of the park gets shut down or emptied at night because

a) water rides don't do well in the evenings
b) most of the pier shuts down for several hours because of W.O.C.
c) the other side of the park has shows that end their run early in the day leaving little to do in the eastern side of the park.

The biggest problem with the Pixar remodel is the lack of a new dark ride. They could have easily tried and fit a new dark ride by extending the store buildings out into part of the boardwalk like they did Midway Mania and used it as queue and then re-arrang the backstage to fit a show building. I think they could have even kept the idea of the candy shop and small bandstand by reclaiming that huge chunk of unused water area on both sides of the Ferris wheel. there is plenty of room there for a small midway of shops.

Speaking of Pixar Pier, has the flicks flyer been demolished already for re-theming or are they buying a whole new system just to place it in the pier as a inside out.

LOL, i just thought of something. If the old dino sunglass shack was still around it probably would have been themed to the good dinosaur. I'm surprised someone didn't think -- hey we have the old blueprints for that dino shack, lets build it again and put it in Pixar Pier. We save some money and theme it to the "The Good Dinosaur"
Not even Pixar and Disney like The Good Dinosaur.

The only good part in The Good Dinosaur is when they were drunk from eating fermented berries. That was hilarious.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Flicks is still running, so its rumored January demise might have been a bit premature. If February passes and its still running then I say its a safe bet that a whole new system is being built. Since its ride system is relatively inexpensive it wouldn't be hard to imagine them buying a new one (maybe even with an upgraded system). And then having both run for awhile until all of Bugs Land gets demo'd for Marvel Land.

Phroobar

Flicks is still running, so its rumored January demise might have been a bit premature. If February passes and its still running then I say its a safe bet that a whole new system is being built. Since its ride system is relatively inexpensive it wouldn't be hard to imagine them buying a new one (maybe even with an upgraded system). And then having both run for awhile until all of Bugs Land gets demo'd for Marvel Land.
I always said DCA needed two balloon spinning rides. Knotts and Adventure City both have them.

Disneylover152

They said that the Inside Out ride will open later in 2018, and not this summer.

I previously predicted that this summer at Comic Con, Disney would announce a Marvel Land replacing A Bugs Land. Then Bugs Land will close at the end of Summer and Flik's Flyers will be reskined to open at Pixar Pier for Christmas.

Rich T

Not even Pixar and Disney like The Good Dinosaur.

The only good part in The Good Dinosaur is when they were drunk from eating fermented berries. That was hilarious.
Um, 'scuse me... Sam Elliott as a T-Rex was not only the best part of Good Dinosaur, but the best thing that has ever appeared in any movie ever. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom