News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Disneylover152

I'm perfectly fine with Pixar Pier, with the exception of the Incredicoaster. I just don't get how the Incredibles home is going to be on the pier, how it makes sense that a roller coaster goes through their home, how the story of trying to get Jack-Jack fits with the roller coaster, and why a pier has a roller coaster that is telling a story like that.

I would much rather have a Monster's Inc redo of California Screamin', where energy is running low in Monstropolis, and Mike and Sully set up a roller coaster on the midway to generate screams.

Then Disney can add a nice dark ride to the land, about the Incredibles 2, where The Incredibles set up a booth on the Midway where they are showing you their powers. Suddenly, the City of Anaheim needs their help because a villain is destroying the town. You then leave the pier booth, and go on a E-Ticket dark ride through the city of Anaheim battling villains.

If it takes place on a pier, and characters from the films have a reason to be on the pier, it could work. It just has to be done right.

But still, Pixar Pier is going to represent the piers of California, just with some Disney magic.

Disneylover152

This is the exact opposite of Disney magic. Disney magic is Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Haunted Mansion. This is Six Flags Magic (Mountain).

I agree. I 100% hate Pixar Pier, but I don't hate a Pixar Pier. They could make Pixar Pier better by doing what I mentioned above, but they are not. And because of that, it is a Six Flags style re-do. I know its not Disney magic, but I meant that Pixar Pier still does a representation of seaside amusement piers, it just has some Disney touches with Pixar going on the "Adventure Through Californian Piers".

No Name

I suspect it's because now there'll be a Star Wars land in the back-leftish of DL and a Marvel land in the back-leftish of DCA, then a Fantasyland (basically a WDAS land amiright??) in the back-rightish of DL... and what's gotta match? A Pixar land in the back-rightish of DCA! One land for each of Bob's three acquisitions, all in perfect placement! Doesn't it make the resort so much more cohesive?

Obviously that's sarcasm. Too many in imagineering seem to not understand the difference between brand and theme. There was a day when Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars rides could coexist in Tomorrowland because the attractions themselves all shared a futuristic nature. Now Astro Blasters and Star Tours in DL are... outlaws (I was gonna say "pulling a Rosa Parks" ;)) while Tomorrowland in HKDL is going the other way.

They're zoned in 100% on synergy with the studios but seem to be forgetting about synergy with the rest of the park. There's a way to have both, and as a result, be even more successful.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

I suspect it's because now there'll be a Star Wars land in the back-leftish of DL and a Marvel land in the back-leftish of DCA, then a Fantasyland (basically a WDAS land amiright??) in the back-rightish of DL... and what's gotta match? A Pixar land in the back-rightish of DCA! One land for each of Bob's three acquisitions, all in perfect placement! Doesn't it make the resort so much more cohesive?

Obviously that's sarcasm. Too many in imagineering seem to not understand the difference between brand and theme. There was a day when Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars rides could coexist in Tomorrowland because the attractions themselves all shared a futuristic nature. Now Astro Blasters and Star Tours in DL are... outlaws (I was gonna say "pulling a Rosa Parks" ;)) while Tomorrowland in HKDL is going the other way.

They're zoned in 100% on synergy with the studios but seem to be forgetting about synergy with the rest of the park. There's a way to have both, and as a result, be even more successful.
Nothing has changed. The changes to DCA are announced, but plans are not concrete and no date for start of construction. No proposed changes to Tomorrowland yet and definitely no start date.

Before we say what Imagineeering doesn’t know, we don’t yet know what they are going to do.

You talk about synergy as if it’s one with studios or other with the theme parks and nothing in between. Since when was this ever true. I’m pretty sure the parks are pretty popular and successful that no one is going because it is too crowded.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

This is the exact opposite of Disney magic. Disney magic is Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Haunted Mansion. This is Six Flags Magic (Mountain).
I’m surprised Indiana Jones Adventure is on this list. Pixar was owned by Disney much longer than it owned Lucas. So how did Lucas get Disney fan approval much quicker while Pixar is still in the doghouse?

Curious Constance

Because ownership of production company is not what makes for a good story.

At the time they built Indiana Jones, they were still doing things mostly for the fact that they had a good story that translated to a NEW, quality attraction. Even though they didn't own Indiana Jones and had to pay for the rights to tell the story, they still recognized the value it would bring to the park.

Now they are adding stories based on the fact that they own a property whether it tells a good story or not and throwing it on top of decent or quality EXISTING attractions. They don't care that it adds nothing to the park. After the first couple months, no one will be flocking to the parks to see what they've added. They just hope it will translate to more movie and merchandise sales.

They are no longer making decisions to further the parks and what they offer. Just their bottom line.

DanielBB8

I was never talking about the movies. This does though explain why you don’t understand the issue. You don’t see themed entertainment as it’s own unique form of storytelling, but as a vehicle for remembering movies you’ve already seen.
Except when Disney mostly invents new stories for their themed attractions using characters from the movies. Do I need to list them? IJA is a completely new story as was Mission Breakout. Star Wars will have a new location, never seen in the movie (which I didn’t like). So that’s pretty much the approach Disney has taken. The exceptions are the Fantasyland style rides, but are we arguing about Walt Disney’s failure with Peter Pan etc.

lazyboy97o

Except when Disney mostly invents new stories for their themed attractions using characters from the movies. Do I need to list them? IJA is a completely new story as was Mission Breakout. Star Wars will have a new location, never seen in the movie (which I didn’t like). So that’s pretty much the approach Disney has taken. The exceptions are the Fantasyland style rides, but are we arguing about Walt Disney’s failure with Peter Pan etc.
But you don’t understand how the quality of these stories is not impacted by ownership or the movies?

DanielBB8

But you don’t understand how the quality of these stories is not impacted by ownership or the movies?
So Disney sucks (?) for ruining Star Wars and doing fine with Pixar. Indiana Jones cannot be redeemed.

I originally questioned why Pixar is still in the doghouse with Disney fans. I’m not getting anywhere close to an answer.

Disney owns them all, right? And next year, Fox.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

At the time they built Indiana Jones, they were still doing things mostly for the fact that they had a good story that translated to a NEW, quality attraction. Even though they didn't own Indiana Jones and had to pay for the rights to tell the story, they still recognized the value it would bring to the park.

Now they are adding stories based on the fact that they own a property whether it tells a good story or not and throwing it on top of decent or quality EXISTING attractions. They don't care that it adds nothing to the park. After the first couple months, no one will be flocking to the parks to see what they've added. They just hope it will translate to more movie and merchandise sales.

They are no longer making decisions to further the parks and what they offer. Just their bottom line.
Ladies and gentlemen may I please have your attention!!!!! Two years in the making I have FINALLY earned a like from @lazyboy97o !!!!!!!!!

shortstop

So Disney sucks (?) for ruining Star Wars and doing fine with Pixar. Indiana Jones cannot be redeemed.

I originally questioned why Pixar is still in the doghouse with Disney fans. I’m not getting anywhere close to an answer.

Pixar is in the doghouse because more often than not, Pixar attractions in the parks are pathetic.

lazyboy97o

What part of the movies being irrelevant are you having trouble with?

Ladies and gentlemen may I please have your attention!!!!! Two years in the making I have FINALLY earned a like from @lazyboy97o !!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the dark side. As promised, we do have cookies.

DanielBB8

Pixar is in the doghouse because more often than not, Pixar attractions in the parks are pathetic.
That’s backwards. You attack the attraction. You don’t react to Pixar first. Radiator Springs Racers is the top attraction yet it was knocked very much before the final result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom